• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameplay Videos of Each Character (1.04 videos only please)

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Feel free to tag me if theres updates.

Highlights are fine which Ill make separate notation for. As much as this thread is about providing information its also about getting people excited about the game. Unfortunately that highlight video is a bit short/not optimally edited. I have seen some good falcon highlight videos but I dont want to hunt for them

In any case, updated.

Also from now on I'll only be accepting videos from 1.04. I wish there was an easier way to tell. Ill archive 1.03 videos. Im thinking Ill still allow 3ds videos IF they highlight outstanding gameplay but I obviously expect most videos to be wii U. Ill need everyones help policing on whether a video displays good gameplay or not.

Any objections to these changes?

Late edit: One thing that might be good is to get at least one video for each character from 1.03 thats sort of decent. Theres some characters missing. Any takers?

Last edited:

Hi-Hatz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vrillyhoo
Winners Finals from a local tourney. My Ganon vs. Ryo's Link and Ike:

Embedded for post limit.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Winners Finals from a local tourney. My Ganon vs. Ryo's Link and Ike:

Embedded for post limit.
What the heck happened at 11:07?

Edit: Actually, every time I see back throw, there's a weird displacement.

Last edited:

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I dont mind people posting 1.03 as long as theyre labeled that way, I can still toss them in. I just dont want a mix of unlabeled 1.04 and 1.03

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here's an early 1.0.4 Rosalina set from a small local tournament. Sorry about the commentating. Many of our players didn't play or study the 3ds version beforehand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfEyAiQb7dc&list=PLAmLug-YyfK_J8rRsJl_0dxUOdsegRJGQ&t=3m0s

I chose this video to show off what good n-air spacing can look like.

I'll have some more videos to choose from after this next weekend with more experienced competition. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Hon Si Zi

Smash Rookie
I have a good amount of videos from locals, but you only want ones of high level? I feel like that's a hard judgement call to make on a video for someone (like myself) who is not a high level player.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Posting to sub.

There should be a lot more videos in here.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
I'm really not sure why this is stickied. The OP hasn't been updated in 3 weeks despite a bunch of videos being posted.

MetalMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GabrieloMiguel
A more active user could just copy the opebing post and create a new thread that would be updated and eventually stickied.

Also, DK= BAMF

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Just to make sure you're not getting screwed over by the notification thing dropping alerts a bunch: @ Tagxy Tagxy
You still updating this?

A more active user could just copy the opebing post and create a new thread that would be updated and eventually stickied.
If he isn't, I'm on here all the time so I could probably take over; anyone else want to do so though?

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Yes, thanks for the tag. Ill be sure to update this but if someone does want to take over feel free to let me know.

Also regardless of how up to date the OP is I still feel the content provided in posts is useful for a sticky, ideally if lots of videos were posted not all of them would end up in the OP but it turns out they all end up there with limited footage.

Last edited:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
If no one else takes the thread first, I can take over starting on my winter break, 12/19. If I took over the thread, I would need at least 4-5 hours to revamp it according to my standards, add many additional videos, add rules for which video should be posted, and write an introduction. I would probably use the same format as in the top 10 video thread for brawl.
I have two large essays due this Friday so I can't take over the thread this week.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
If no one else takes the thread first, I can take over starting on my winter break, 12/19. If I took over the thread, I would need at least 4-5 hours to revamp it according to my standards, add many additional videos, add rules for which video should be posted, and write an introduction. I would probably use the same format as in the top 10 video thread for brawl.
I have two large essays due this Friday so I can't take over the thread this week.
Honestly I'm in about the same boat, but my break started yesterday so I could get it up and running tomorrow night or Sunday (tournament tomorrow).
However, is there a way to have multiple people all oversee one thread? I think that would work better in the case of one person getting swamped with school/work/etc.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Honestly I'm in about the same boat, but my break started yesterday so I could get it up and running tomorrow night or Sunday (tournament tomorrow).
However, is there a way to have multiple people all oversee one thread? I think that would work better in the case of one person getting swamped with school/work/etc.
@ SamuraiPanda SamuraiPanda Would this be possible?

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
A community 'vote on the best submitted video!' thing would be cool. Would have to be done via submissions, and accepting a pool of 10-20 or so to be voted on weekly. Or else a billion people would post their videos.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
A community 'vote on the best submitted video!' thing would be cool. Would have to be done via submissions, and accepting a pool of 10-20 or so to be voted on weekly. Or else a billion people would post their videos.
The problem with that is that a lot of people will vote the more spectacular looking but flawed gameplay over the less spectacular but much cleaner and more precise one. I don't think that would be in the OPs intention.

:059:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I personally don't think people posting many videos at once is a problem considering how new the game is and the amount of spots that can be filled. Also, as @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ said, the community would vote for the most hype videos rather than the videos that demonstrate high level gameplay for specific characters.

Top Bottom