• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move! Super Smash Boards Brawl - And the winners are...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i'm sure Fawriel is doing his best, such a list would take a while to compile, and a flash animation select screen even longer...

Fawriel

Smash Master
i'm sure Fawriel is doing his best, such a list would take a while to compile, and a flash animation select screen even longer...
I'd estimate a good 3 hours for compiling the list.

I... actually won't do the Flash animation myself. I can't program something like that. Once the results are in, I'll make a schedule for myself to draw all the winners for their appearance in the select screen and post them here for constant feedback and stuff.

That said, I... have to apologize. University has started again, and quite frankly, I'm trying to get rid of my internet addiction here. Coupled with the fact that my life has been pretty unpredictable lately, it'll be hard to find a good time to spend a few hours online for some heavy-duty compiling work.
The current top priority in my life is to bring some structure into my days. Once that's done, I'll be able to plan a time for the compilation... but I really made you guys wait far too long already. I guess I'll just give you my word that I'll do it tomorrow. That way I have no choice but to do it. *rubs chin*

If anyone's REALLY looking forward to seeing a certain character win, I guess you could use the search function at the top of this thread to search it for any mentions of the character's name in vote lists. From what I saw, any character with 4 or more regular votes should be in the clear. Maybe even 3, considering that we had a whole lot of voters who didn't make use of their ability to choose up tp 50 characters.

RWB

Smash Ace
Lol...

I have at least 12 almost complete moveset ideas in my head. But at the current time, I've quite a lot of School work, so it will have to wait.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Votes are counted. I've gotta go to university early tomorrow, so establishing the 50 highest scores and digitalizing that list is out of the question for today. You may dare to expect it soon, though.

I'm considering not displaying the number of points in the list, though. It really is more of a popularity contest than a contest of quality... Maybe I'll just give a detailed list of the best few and order the rest alphabetically or something. If anyone wants to know his character's score, feel free to ask.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
Votes are counted. I've gotta go to university early tomorrow, so establishing the 50 highest scores and digitalizing that list is out of the question for today. You may dare to expect it soon, though.

I'm considering not displaying the number of points in the list, though. It really is more of a popularity contest than a contest of quality... Maybe I'll just give a detailed list of the best few and order the rest alphabetically or something. If anyone wants to know his character's score, feel free to ask.
Whadya' think of MGA Snake?

RWB

Smash Ace
This thread needs some bumpage.

Let's hope Chatu gets a spot =D

Fawriel

Smash Master
Thanks.
10chars
Ah, but I still wanted to say: Although you made some spiffy use of the material from the video ( especially the "**** right I'd hit that" taunt =D ), since you didn't give any details on most of his moves, I wouldn't be able to give him 3 stars. You know, once I actually update the first page again. Ahem.

This thread needs some bumpage.

Let's hope Chatu gets a spot =D
Let's hope so indeed! He's in a borderline position... might get in, might not.

Well, I have time today, so... let me just do a few things I have to do, then I'll sit down and compile these votes.
Expect the climax... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon! *wiggles fingers*

Fawriel

Smash Master
The final leap!

Okay, guys, the finale draws close... but there's still one thing left to be decided.

Due to our voting system, it occurred quite often that some characters have the same number of votes. Which is not a problem until you hit the 50 characters mark.

Long story short, you will have to vote to decide on the winners of the last 4 spots!

All these characters have scored 7 points, but there are only 4 spots on the roster left...

Al Gore
Billy Hatcher
Chell
King Leonidas
Malandros Nyclo
Polaris
Sindel
Somasu

Choose 4 of these characters! You have one day starting from the very moment this post is submitted!

My choices are, without a doubt, Polaris, because PolarisJunkie spent a crapload of effort on it and it's overall simply very shiny, Malandros Nyclo, because he's an OC with a great backstory and style, Sindel, because of the backstory and because she'll fit in very nicely along with Cena, and Somasu, who is also a well-made and interesting original creation.

Take the time to choose wisely.

RWB

Smash Ace
Sindel scored a super vote from me.

Then Polaris(32 on my list)
Then Al Gore(41)

Malandros Nyclo steals the 4th spot with tight competition from Billy and Chell.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
I vote for Chell, Billy Hatcher, Malandros Nyclo, and Polaris. Chell is like Olimar: Too out there to think about unless you really wanted to. Billy Hatcher is just cool, and I already voted for his moveset. Malandros Nyclo has a really cool style to him, and is also very well written if I recall correctly. And finally Polaris' shine and amount of pictures won me over.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
1. Chell- It's mine! D:
2. Billy Hatcher- Also mine :p
3. Sindel- Massive backstory, and I voted for her already, so...
4. Al Gore- Lol, the South Park refrences are awesome.

If Billy and Chell make it, I'll have all 4 of my characters in the roster. ^_^

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
Polaris: Incredibly polished and the amount of effort put in is very impressive.

Malandros Nyclo: An awesome character with an excellent moveset. Also, everyone loves werewolves.

Somasu: Another great character with a great moveset.

Al Gore: I heard the guy who made him is the coolest guy ever. And incredibly single and good-looking, if any hot ladies are reading. Also, puns are the coolest.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Somasu: He is a really interesting original character
Polaris: Because polaris put in a lot of work
Al Gore: Its gets major points for the Nobel peace prize attack
Billy Hatcher: I wanted to vote for Sindel but this moveset so well represents the only good thing sonic team has done since the new mellenium

6footninja

Smash Ace
TAUREN has joined the Brawl!

Basically a Tauren Warrior (WoW basic) with great armor, very heavy, and a trusty sword called "liberator"

basic A - sword swing
>A - fist punch (reach out and punch basically)
down A- Earth Crush - Stomps the ground for crowd control. (similar to DKs down b)
^A - Wing Clipper - Tauren swings "liberator"s blunt handle in a rainbow motion upwards. (similar to Samus's)

basic B - Firey sword swing - similar to Taruens Basic A but with slower downtime and more damage. Plus a nice bit of fire from the liberator.
>B - ring of Death - a Chargable damaging swing of his sword in a motion similar to Links up special, but at only a half circle.
down B - Liberators Defense - Tauren heaves his huge sword in front of him, tip of the blade in the ground, and uses it as a deflector (similar to Pits).
up B - Flying Fury - Tauren Slices upwards, red with fury. (similar to Marths up special).

ARIAL COMBAT
all arial As are similar. Basic swings of the sword in unison with where you direct him.

down b- Taurn does an arial dash for dirt with his huge hoofs. (similar to bowsers).

FINAL SMASH
Tauren Grabs for anyone within range of where he is facing. (about like Marth).
If anyone is grabbed, he hits the ground heaving them upwards. (this affects eveyone on that same level, even if they are not grabbed). But the victim(s) grabbed are hit harder and Tauren jumps in unison with them, flys above them in the air, and smashes them back to earth with Flames surrounding him and "the liberator".

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yo, 6footninja! Check out GreatClayMonkey's post... you should submit your character there so it can participate in the new contest!

Also, uhm.

I just realized that Somasu has 8 points after all. I got a little sloppy noting down those little lines and one of them slipped into the previous few, so I mistook them for 7... Somasu is safe! If you voted for him and want to give your vote to another character, you have almost two hours left from now... sorry about that. ^^;

Fawriel

Smash Master
*drumroll*

Ladies and Gentlemen, without further ado, I present to you... the winners.​

The Top 20!

1st.
Anonymous by Kirby M.D.

and

Viki by kips

3rd.
Scrooge McDuck by RWB​

4th.
Cromag by Copperpot

5th.
Fawriel by Fawriel​

6th.
Ike by Fawriel​

7th.
AVGN by The Nerd

and

Cthulhu by El_Duderino

and

Mask Link by Sir Bedevere​

10th.
Roy Mustang by MetaLord​

11th.
Aves by Copperpot

and

Beethoven by MetaLord

and

Taga by Eaode​

14th.
Celebi&Mew by GreatClayMonkey

and

Cena by cena_wolf

and

Feraligatr by Flying Dutchman

and

Rythe by The Nerd​

18th.
Nietzsche by MetaLord

and

Metapod&Kakuna by PolarisJunkie

and

????? aka Retsigam by Metalord​

The Remaining 30!

Buddy by El_Duderino

Chaos by samusrules93

Elza the Pumpkin Witch by Sabrewulf238

Genghis Khan by Insurance Salesman

Porkman by RWB

Warner Bros. by ArchimedesVI

Yoda by The Nerd

Edward Elric by killbeast301

Flying Dutchman by Flying Dutchman

Landmaster by MysticKenji

Roronoa Zoro by MetaLord

Great Clay Monkey by Great Clay Monkey

Conan, Ai and Heiji by RWB

Furret by Fawriel

Hiro by omega_ridley_x

Light by MetaLord

Luggage by El_Duderino

Bob Hoskins Mario by El_Duderino

CD-i Link by cdilink

King Ganonidas Boss by Crom

Don Quixote by MetaLord

Etheream by OddCrow

Nog by omega_ridley_X

Somasu by Somasu

Arceus by Flying Dutchman

Bill Cosby & Squirtle by Cheezball

Farthing Fox by RWB

Firefox by ChiboSempai

Flygon by MysticKenji

Al Gore by frankisvital

Billy Hatcher by Sir Bedevere

Chell by Sir Bedevere

Polaris by PolarisJunkie

Many worthy submissions won, and a few worthy submissions were, unfortunately, shunned. But don't despair, the next contest is already in its starting phase!
Good luck to everyone!

I'll take this opportunity to thank you guys for being awesome.

Now all that is left is for me to set up a plan for my life that incorporates ample time to draw all these characters for the final select screen, so they all have a style that makes it look like they belong together.

If you DON'T want your characters drawn by me for whatever reason, tell me about it before I start!*

Now's also the time to start thinking of "franchises" for your characters. If they appear in a select screen, they'll need icons, right? It would be awesome if as many of you as possible could band together for one "franchise" in order to give the whole thing more internal integrity!

And if you have any certain ideas regarding how you want your character to be drawn, now's the time to tell me about those, too!

Finally, there's one last thing I have to know...

At first I wanted to start drawing the winners first, then go down the list one by one. But then I considered, I'm probably going to become better in the process of drawing all this, so the final characters to be drawn would end up looking better than the first ones!
Should I go through it from top-to-bottom, the other way round, should I just say "first come, first serve", or should I let a lottery decide...?

* Also CD-i Link isn't going to be drawn by me. Come on, he wouldn't be CD-i Link anymore, now would he?

PS: kips is a silly goose.

RWB

Smash Ace
Scrooge
Porkman
Conan, Ai and Heiji
Farthing Fox

Those managed it! Yay.

Symbols....

Farthing Fox= Have to figure something out.
Porkman= his head. it's the symbol for extra lives in his game.
Scrooge= Lucky Dime or simply the Disney Logo.
Conan, Ai and Heiji= The only real symbol for this manga that I know of is a Keyhole in a brickwall.
Like This:

cena_wolf

Smash Journeyman
If you DON'T want your characters drawn by me for whatever reason, tell me about it before I start!*

Now's also the time to start thinking of "franchises" for your characters. If they appear in a select screen, they'll need icons, right? It would be awesome if as many of you as possible could band together for one "franchise" in order to give the whole thing more internal integrity!

And if you have any certain ideas regarding how you want your character to be drawn, now's the time to tell me about those, too!

Finally, there's one last thing I have to know...

At first I wanted to start drawing the winners first, then go down the list one by one. But then I considered, I'm probably going to become better in the process of drawing all this, so the final characters to be drawn would end up looking better than the first ones!
Should I go through it from top-to-bottom, the other way round, should I just say "first come, first serve", or should I let a lottery decide...?

* Also CD-i Link isn't going to be drawn by me. Come on, he wouldn't be CD-i Link anymore, now would he?
Man, Sindel might be pissed. Oh, well; you win some, you lose some.

Anyhoo, I might as well go ahead and announce this - I was waiting for the results to be up.\

I have contacted one Greg McLeod, co-creator of Super Smash Flash, a very fun flash version of Smash Bros., about getting our characters into our own flash game (Super Smash Boards, anyone?). Unfortunately, he is very busy with Super Smash Flash 2, but there is hope...

This is my original email...
I'm a member of SmashBoards, and also a fan of your game (it's quite fun, really). The reason I was emailing you is because there is a contest currently going on on SmashBoards, called Super Smash Boards Brawl. In it, people were challenged to come up with movesets for characters that might be considered a little absurd in Brawl, but that were hoped for anyway.

I was wondering if, when the final roster is announced, you'd like to partner with us and make a sort of pseudo-sequel to Super Smash Flash, featuring our characters? It's a little ambitious, I know, but it'd be worth it, I bet?

If not, it's understandable. You must be very busy, but thanks for reading this anyway.
His response...
That's an interesting idea, though I am pretty busy working on the SSF2 sequel so I don't have the time to work on another game. One thing I could do though is that if you guys can make the sprites, I can make an expansion pack featuring some of your top character picks. I am going to try and make SSF2 so that you can download characters, so that might be a good way to get your characters out there.
So, there's a chance that this still may happen... What do you guys think?

Kips

Smash Ace
I... I don't know what to say except..

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I had expected to place in the 41-50 range, but 1st? Dare had I hoped for first? Tied with Anon himself? My god, the hours put into that submission paid off!

I would also like to say that while all the submissions that got in are impeccable, so too are many that didn't get in. If we tried to cram in all the great submissions in this contest, it would probably shatter the awesome barrier and kill some old lady in the middle of Florida from the shockwave.

PS: Viki's symbol is easy! The Blinking Rune, of course!

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to everyone who voted for my guys. And with that said, here are my icons:

Cthulhu:

Oh yes, squid head with bat wings, like some terrible ancient bas relief locked away in a mouldering chest.

Buddy:

The glasses. Only thusly can the One With the Four Eyes be represented.

Luggage:

Nothing else will work for the Discworld universe but the Discworld itself, seen from the top down with the head and flippers of great A'Tuin, the World Turtle, sticking out from the sides.

Bob Hoskins Mario:

A big old metal letter M, portrayed thusly. You can just picture the Bros giving you a thumbs up there, can't you?

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Anon's logo should be the text "No Image Available". If there must be a picture, then a four leaf clover split up by leaf.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Congratulations to everyone that won! Everyone who did rightfully deserved it!

And yay to Metapood&Kakuna and Polaris making it! Thanks everyone who voted for them!

As for icons? I gues M&K would have the standard Pokeball icon, no big.

As for Polaris?

I think Magneto's M icon would suffice, considering its his daughter.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Do it in ABC order.
That seems kinda weird...

Come on, people, give me some more opinions!

Man, Sindel might be pissed. Oh, well; you win some, you lose some.

Anyhoo, I might as well go ahead and announce this - I was waiting for the results to be up.\

I have contacted one Greg McLeod, co-creator of Super Smash Flash, a very fun flash version of Smash Bros., about getting our characters into our own flash game (Super Smash Boards, anyone?). Unfortunately, he is very busy with Super Smash Flash 2, but there is hope...
Yeah, I really wanted for Sindel to make it... You'd make such a cute couple. :p

I already knew that you contacted that person, of course, but I'll just say again that it's a pretty cool idea. If we decide to contribute sprites it'll give this contest a whole 'nother dimension...
Of course, making a whole set of sprites, much less programming them into working characters, is even more work than drawing a big picture of one character, so we couldn't really send in 50... We'd also have to crop out overly complex characters, because I'm pretty sure that the simple engine of that Flash game wouldn't support pairs, or characters who transform, et cetera. Hmm...

I... I don't know what to say except..

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I had expected to place in the 41-50 range, but 1st? Dare had I hoped for first? Tied with Anon himself?
Hence why you are a silly goose. =P

I think that Elric and Mustang should have one of these symbols.
Hmm, do you know what those symbols stand for? The second one seems unfamiliar, too...

sweet, chaos is 32! i'm glad i got someone in.
22, actually.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
That seems kinda weird...

Come on, people, give me some more opinions!

I already knew that you contacted that person, of course, but I'll just say again that it's a pretty cool idea. If we decide to contribute sprites it'll give this contest a whole 'nother dimension...
Of course, making a whole set of sprites, much less programming them into working characters, is even more work than drawing a big picture of one character, so we couldn't really send in 50... We'd also have to crop out overly complex characters, because I'm pretty sure that the simple engine of that Flash game wouldn't support pairs, or characters who transform, et cetera. Hmm...

Hmm, do you know what those symbols stand for? The second one seems unfamiliar, too...

22, actually.
I say you do it top to bottom so like you said you get better at it. Also about the sprites your about complexity. Action Script is a hard tool to use and Cleod'siitations with led hi to choose the characters he did. If that did ever happen a lot of characters would proably have to have slightly changed moves.

That symbol is a slightly altered pentagram but it is also the basic sign that real life alchemist used in their "equations". It dose technically go against the Christian religion but thats no the purpose alchemist used it for.

Top Bottom