• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move! Super Smash Boards Brawl - And the winners are...

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Eh, I could probably have done more. I'm never very detailed, ever (especially on essays for school;)). I usually like to get the idea out in as few words as possible, so that I don't have to write as much, and readers don't have to read over something redundant or unnecesary. I hate having to read or listen to something that has no real effect on the whole idea.

Kips

Smash Ace
Hmm, I'd do that for you, but I should leave soon so I can get up early for university...... >_>

There's nothing specific anyone can do for a "!" except to... convince me. Seriously, if you think you deserve one, tell me why.

Honestly, your moveset is great! But since the "!" stands for "exceptional", it kinda has to be... exceptional! The sign is primarily for drawing the attention of passers-by who want to read great movesets, so said movesets should have lots of content that is interesting to read, basically.
There are tons of things that can possibly be improved.
The descriptiveness, the creativity, the uniqueness...
Pictures can be added, the layout can be improved, gimmicks can be added...
So many possibilities, so little time.

Everyone who wants the glorious "!", just think about all the great things you could squeeze out of your idea and squeeze hard. And if you think you squeezed hard enough, tell me about it and I'll see if I like the juice of the grapes of your squeezy effort.
I think that metaphor kinda went out of control a little.
This makes me so much more proud then I should be. Working on a new one right now. Suggestions on what to do?

MetaLord

Smash Cadet
According to relativity, I'm where ever I want to
Yeah, i haven't been around for quite some time either.
Also, i laugh at exams and kick them while their down. Or just never study for them. either one works.
and i can't wait to see your "ulitimate creation". It'll murder the competition in my opinion.
I usually do so as well, but what I'm worried about is my AP Statistics exam. I mean, I'm relatively good in mathematics, but my method of thinking and problem solving contrasts that of the requirements in that class. For every little detail, its either 1 or 2 points per question. Of course mind you that this is on a 30 point test, so its technically 3-7 points from my grade.

Basically I'm used to blazing through problems in my head and just scribbling down an answer. In AP statistics, that's a bad thing.

Hmm, I'd do that for you, but I should leave soon so I can get up early for university...... >_>

There's nothing specific anyone can do for a "!" except to... convince me. Seriously, if you think you deserve one, tell me why.

Honestly, your moveset is great! But since the "!" stands for "exceptional", it kinda has to be... exceptional! The sign is primarily for drawing the attention of passers-by who want to read great movesets, so said movesets should have lots of content that is interesting to read, basically.
There are tons of things that can possibly be improved.
The descriptiveness, the creativity, the uniqueness...
Pictures can be added, the layout can be improved, gimmicks can be added...
So many possibilities, so little time.

Everyone who wants the glorious "!", just think about all the great things you could squeeze out of your idea and squeeze hard. And if you think you squeezed hard enough, tell me about it and I'll see if I like the juice of the grapes of your squeezy effort.
I think that metaphor kinda went out of control a little.
So why do I have 3? Even though I've made 7 characters, I don't think any of them are good enough for the coveted "!". All of them are essentially "rough drafts" with the bare basics. (And some redundant use of rhetoric)

Really, the ones that deserve the "!" are people like the Nerd; whose characters are so detailed that you can't help but imagine them in Brawl.

Although, its of course all up to you Fawriel. I just wanted to play the Devil's advocate against myself. As they say, "crescit sub pondere virtus" (virtue grows under oppression).

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Waddle Dee

Strength-2/5
Jump-3/5
Speed-3/5
Weight-1/5

Neutral B - Starshot, Pulls out his umbrella and holds it back like he's going to stab someone with it. Then plunges it forward. Shoots out a star. The star will be

big and glittery if fully charged. If someone gets hit by the umbrellla, the star will attach to them and send them flying. The range is a bitlonger than link's boomerang.

Forward B - Wheelie, Hops onto a Wheelie and goes really fast forward. Hit B to get off, if you get off, the wheelie disappears. If you crash into someone while on the wheelie it will explode, causing you no damage.

Up B - Parasol Twirl, He pulls out his umbrella, holds it above his head with both hands. and twirls it rapidly to go up a short distance. If you rapidly tap B it will go higher.

Down B - Megaton Chop, can be charged. send out a shock wave that grows in size, (like the verizon bars), if fully charged goes in both directions.
If done on a platform sends a powerful energy wave out from below it. If doen mid air puts fist below self and plunges downward. Is a spike. A VERY powerful one.

A - Right Hand Punch
AA - Left Hand Punch
AAA - Roundhouse kick
Tilt Forward A - Lean Kick
Tilt Up A - Headbutt Hop
Tilt Down A - Minisplits
Smash Forward A - Wind-Up Punch, winds up fist while charging, more powerful and goes further forward the longer charged.
Smash Up A - Umbrella Impale, holds umbrella like a sword, then plunges it upwards.
Smash Down A - Big Splits
Aerial A - Spins, much like Kirby
Aerial Forward A - Lunge kick
Aerial Up A - Swings un-opened umbrella overhead
Aerial Back A - Spin Punch
Aerial Down A - Sits in an upside down umbrella, crashes downwards, is a spike
Dash A - Running baseball slide kick

Grab - Holds on with both hands
Grab Hit - Headbutts
Throw Up - Tosses directly upwards
Throw Down - Piledriver
Throw Forward - Kicks in the chest
Throw Back - Suplex

Taunt - Waves at screen
Final Smash - Mic, a microphone appears, Waddle Dee Grabs it and screams into it, all characters on screen become suspended in air, take massive damage, and plunge downwards. if landing on the stage, will act as if their shield was broken, if off the stage will plummet to their death.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Eh, I could probably have done more. I'm never very detailed, ever (especially on essays for school;)). I usually like to get the idea out in as few words as possible, so that I don't have to write as much, and readers don't have to read over something redundant or unnecesary. I hate having to read or listen to something that has no real effect on the whole idea.
Hmm, I can understand that. I'm not usually a man of many words, either. But you have to consider that there are a hundred different ways a kick can be performed. I think you could easily improve some of your descriptions by briefly adding something that makes it easier for people to imagine his style. Something like "puts his weight into the kick" or "swings his leg at great speed" or so can add a lot. Or you could give a very close description of his fighting style beforehand.

This makes me so much more proud then I should be. Working on a new one right now. Suggestions on what to do?
You can never be too proud. Well, until you have a meeting with hubris. Then you can start being less proud.
I can't really give you suggestions for an idea I don't know. o_o
Just try to make it interesting. It's always easier if you already make it good in the first place than it is to go clean up afterwards.

So why do I have 3? Even though I've made 7 characters, I don't think any of them are good enough for the coveted "!". All of them are essentially "rough drafts" with the bare basics. (And some redundant use of rhetoric)

Really, the ones that deserve the "!" are people like the Nerd; whose characters are so detailed that you can't help but imagine them in Brawl.

Although, its of course all up to you Fawriel. I just wanted to play the Devil's advocate against myself. As they say, "crescit sub pondere virtus" (virtue grows under oppression).
Yeah, the Nerd is becoming quite a league of his own. However, so are you. While you don't describe your moves in microscopic detail, you have a style that is simply enjoyable to read. Your Nietzsche and Beethoven and Don Quixote actually managed to keep the interest of someone who can barely keep reading two lines without feeling the urge to stare at a wall ( that would be me ). In fact, your movesets are actually FUN to read. And that's got to be worth something.
If you and The Nerd could fuse into one superhuman being, I'd hire ninjas to infiltrate Sora and replace Sakurai with you.

[Waddle Dee]
How cute. It'll be interesting to see this guy go up against some of these one-man-armies who can destroy galaxies. :p

:034:

Smash Hero
Is that... Could it be?! Yes! The Big Jaw Pokémon, Feraligatr joins the Brawl!

STATS

Power: ***** His power is equal, if not bigger than Bowser, the king of Koopa's.
Dashing Speed: **** F-fast! He's suprisingly fast in his dash.
Attacking Speed: * However, his attacks aren't as much. Try not to be intimidated by his size.
Range: **** Claws and long arms make for a fairly range. Also, projectiles. nomnomnom
Jump: ** He's heavy, so jumping is hard.
Weight: ***** EXTRA LARGE!
Size: ***** Longest starter.
Traction: ***** High due to his weight.

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

He's slow. Think Melee Bowser slow. But believe me, he packs a punch. His range and power make him a terrifying power. He has some projectiles as well with his water attacks. Watch out for his bite, it can be extremely powerful.

(creator's note: Even though he is said to move fast, I decided to make him a slower character to balance him out)

POKÉDEX INFORMATION

Gold When it bites with its massive and powerful jaws, it shakes its head and savagely tears its victim up.
Silver It is hard for it to support its own weight out of water, so it gets down on all fours. But it moves fast.
Crystal Although it has a massive body, its powerful hind legs enable it to move quickly, even on the ground.
Stadium 2 When it bites with its massive and powerful jaws, it shakes its head and savagely tears its victim up.
Ruby Feraligatr intimidates its foes by opening its huge mouth. In battle, it will kick the ground hard with its thick and powerful hind legs to charge at the foe at an incredible speed.
Sapphire Feraligatr intimidates its foes by opening its huge mouth. In battle, it will kick the ground hard with its thick and powerful hind legs to charge at the foe at an incredible speed.
Emerald It opens its huge mouth to intimidate enemies. In battle, it runs using its thick and powerful hind legs to charge the foe with incredible speed.
FireRed It is hard for it to support its own weight out of water, so it gets down on all fours. But it moves fast.
LeafGreen When it bites with its massive and powerful jaws, it shakes its head and savagely tears its victim up.
Diamond It usually moves slowly, but it goes at blinding speed when it attacks and bites prey.
Pearl It usually moves slowly, but it goes at blinding speed when it attacks and bites prey.

GROUND MOVES

A:
A quick bite. Just one quick bite to stun the opponent and follow up with a tilt.

Forward Tilt: Feraligatr uses Ice Fang!
The user bites with cold-infused fangs. It may also make the foe flinch or freeze.

Feraligatr bites his opponent, using the power of Ice. It freezes your opponent at high percentages! It's a perfect follow up from the Neutral A move!

Up Tilt:
Feraligatr uses his claws to reach above him in an arc. Not too powerful, but it can juggle a bit at lower percentages due to it's speed. The range is okay, not too much lag.

Down Tilt: Feraligatr uses Whirlpool!
The user traps the foe inside a fast, vicious whirlpool that lasts for two to five turns.

Feraligatr crouches and creates a vast whirlpool that lasts for a fairly long time. Tap the A button to make it go longer! It traps the opponent to get in damage. The start up lag is trouble though.

Forward Smash: Feraligatr uses Crunch!
The user crunches up the foe with sharp fangs. It may also lower the target's Defense stat.

Feraligatr bites! Powerful! If he gets an opponent, he shakes his head trying to tear up the opponent (as told in the Gold Pokédex). It has plenty lag, so be careful. It does big damage and knockback, though. Use this move with extreme caution.

Up Smash: Feraligatr uses Aqua Tail!
The user attacks by swinging its tail as if it were a vicious wave in a raging storm.

Much like Whirlpool, Aqua Tail sucks up opponents, racks damage, then launches them! It has a bit of start up lag, but visually no lag, so it's a pretty good launcher, though situational. Find as many uses for it as you can!

Down Smash: Feraligatr uses Water Pulse!
The user attacks the foe with a pulsing blast of water. It may also confuse the foe.

As seen in the pictures, Feraligatr creates a sphere of water and throws it down to create waves around him. The sphere actually hurts, so don't get too close! Though you might be able to get him quickly with a dash attack. It has a lot of range and it washes you away, so be careful.

Dash Attack:
Feraligatr slams down to the ground... Did he fall? Are you okay? Well, this has some lag. Better not use this unless you're desperate.

AIRIAL MOVES

Neutral Air: Feraligatr uses Roar!
The foe is scared off, to be replaced by another Pokémon in its party. In the wild, the battle ends.

Feraligatr lets out a deafening roar! Terrifying. The soundwaves from this are so powerful that it pushes the opponent away from him. It has some lag though, so no RoarSpiking for you!

Forward Air: Feraligatr uses Slash!
The foe is attacked with a slash of claws, etc. It has a high critical-hit ratio.

Feraligatr SLASHES the opponent! Magnificent. This attack deals high-damage, sometimes even more! It lags though. It's good to catch your opponent unawares with due to high range and power.

Up Air:
Feraligatr bites upward. Fierce. It munches a bit as well... That must really hurt. It doesn't have as much lag, but it's power is lacking.

Back Air: Feraligatr uses Iron Tail!
The foe is slammed with a steel-hard tail. It may also lower the target's Defense stat.

It's tail shines. Beautiful. It whacks the opponent behind him with it. One of Feraligatr's best moves overall, it's fast with a lot of range.

Down Air: Feraligatr uses Water Gun!
The foe is blasted with a forceful shot of water.

Feraligatr shoots water from it's jaw downwards. Stunning. Even though it's not a KO move, it does damage. Plus, you can float a bit and move around too. Though the water will have to hit the floor, so you can't recover with this.

GRABS

Feraligatr bites for a bit of damage.

Feraligatr uses Fling!
The user flings its held item at the foe to attack. Its power and effects depend on the item.

A few of Feraligatr's moves throw your opponent at another opponent!

Forward Throw:
Feraligatr heaves his opponent above his shoulder, like he's going to throw a baseball or something? Aim carefully... Throw with devastating power! Powerful, can hit multiple opponents as well.

Back Throw:
Feraligatr simply throws the opponent over his head. Follow up with a powerful back air!

Down Throw:
Feraligatr throws his opponent down and stomps on him. Painful! There's too much lag, so chainthrowing is out of the question.

Up Throw:
Feraligatr grabs the opponent with his powerful jaw and throws him up. But before the opponent can truly lift off, he grabs him by the legs and slams him down to the ground. Oww. That's gotta hurt.

SPECIAL MOVES

Neutral Special: Feraligatr uses Hydro Pump!
The foe is blasted by a huge volume of water launched under great pressure.

Extremely powerful! This move will have to be charged to be effective, but it does high damage and pushes the enemy away! You can't keep the charge, nor can you walk around with it. You can aim while you're shooting, but can't walk around. It's one of those moves everybody finds a different use for.

Forward Special: Feraligatr uses Surf!
It swamps the entire battlefield with a giant wave. It can also be used for crossing water.

Feraligatr rides the waves majestically! You can bring this out anytime, but the waves grow weaker over time. Try to capture your opponents in it. This can be used for horizontal recovery as well. Try it out some time!

Up Special: Feraligatr uses Dive!
A two-turn attack. The user dives underwater on the first turn, then hits on the next turn.

Although the game describes it as such, it works a little bit different. Feraligatr jumps up in the air and crashes down headfirst! ...Ouch. That may not have been a good idea. Still, the crash leaves a good shockwave and does good damage, so your opponents will know to stay away. Just don't fall into the abyss.

Down Special: Feraligatr uses Rain Dance!
The user summons a heavy rain that falls for five turns, powering up Water-type moves.

Feraligatr summons the rain. It doesn't cover the whole field, just a large area around Feraligatr. It slowly builds up damage and powers up your special moves. Sometimes, though, the Rain Dance changes into Hail. This deals higher damage, but doesn't power up your special moves. Whether you use this for close combat damage or powerful ranged attacks is your choice.

FINAL SMASH

<<Comrade Call>>

Feraligatr grabs the Smash Ball! He lets out a deafening screech. What is he doing..? Ah! Could it be?!

Aren't those the other starters from the same game? Good grief.

Typhlosion runs over the field, blasting people with Flamethrower and tackling them with Flame Wheel.

Used moves:
Flame Wheel: The user cloaks itself in fire and charges at the foe. It may also leave the target with a burn.
Image: see above.
Flamethrower: The foe is scorched with an intense blast of fire. The target may also be left with a burn.

Fire Blast: The foe is attacked with an intense blast of all-consuming fire. It may also leave the target with a burn.

Meganium uses a barrage of scent to slow down opponents to sleep, Razor Leaf for cutting and even the powerful Solar Beam can be used.

Used moves:
Sweet Scent: A sweet scent that lowers the foe's evasiveness. It also lures wild Pokémon if used in grass, etc.
SolarBeam: A two-turn attack. The user gathers light, then blasts a bundled beam on the second turn.

Razor Leaf: A sharp-edged leaf is launched to slash at the foe. It has a high critical-hit ratio.

Meanwhile, you can still pummel your opponents. It's great in 1vs1, but in Free For All, Meganium and Typhlosion will most likely scatter. Slam your opponents when they're caught off guard!

MOAR IMAGES
Shiny color (green team color):

And links to some Feraligatr fanart you should check out sometime.

http://guardianofire.deviantart.com/art/Feraligatr-47672272
http://jiayi.deviantart.com/art/Feraligatr-65235075
http://khanran.deviantart.com/art/Feraligatr-43922456
http://the-nk.deviantart.com/art/Feraligatr-47204036
http://purplekecleon.deviantart.com/art/feraligatr-56857436
http://annaj.deviantart.com/art/Nikita-the-Feraligatr-11894420

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Hmm, I can understand that. I'm not usually a man of many words, either. But you have to consider that there are a hundred different ways a kick can be performed. I think you could easily improve some of your descriptions by briefly adding something that makes it easier for people to imagine his style. Something like "puts his weight into the kick" or "swings his leg at great speed" or so can add a lot. Or you could give a very close description of his fighting style beforehand.
I see your point, but I did give a brief description of his metagame at the end. I'll see what I can do.

P.S. I'd love if someone could photoshop some alt. colors. Red is what I have, black is the other style. I'd need blue, yellow, green, and white.
here, look under appearance

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Keramon

Every internet goer saw it... Every computer nerd fears it... The single worst virus in the history of the digital world has once again appeared, but this time, in a new form...

Now enters one of the greatest, most ridiculously strong 'Rookie' level digimon there is, the virus digimon, the eater of data, and the ender of the internet; Keramon! Prepare yourself, from no videogame has ever seen such has ever come under siege by such a destroyer of data!

http://cf.geocities.com/digi_josied4/images/Keramon.gif

STATS

Power:
2 This digimon has few powerful regular attacks, and only a couple of finishing moves.
Speed: 4 This digimon can move quickly, but some of it's moves have a fair amount of lag.
Weight: 2 This thing is fairly light, but not ridiculously so.
Traction: 1 This thing floats nearly constantly, and as such, has no traction at all.
Size: 3 This monstrosity is roughly Mario's height, perhaps a little taller.

Keramon, the virus terror of the first Digimon movie. This thing is comparable to a champion digimon normally... but in this, it's a game, a mere collection of data... and what feeds Keramon's power? Data, information, and bits. And in such a game, who would remain able to defend against his power? Yet, there are those who could match him in a fight, and those are the ones he will fight now, in Super Smash Boards Brawl!

Keramon stands at roughly the same height Mario does, perhaps a tad larger. He stands perfectly still, and floats in the air with his insane grin and his freakish arms in their usual position, close to his sides. He does not face the screen like this, instead looking in the direction that he's facing. To move, he moves forward. However, he has no start-up animation, nor does he change animation at all when moving. He appears to be exactly the same. His dash is similar, but he leans forward ever so slightly. This is the same animation as his stand, but tilted somewhat.

Keramon's tendrils go through the floor for a crouch, effectively cutting his his height in half. He has no crawl ability at all, and if he's on a fall through floor, his tendrils are beneath the floor, easy to hit. His jump has two animations. His start up jump, he bends his leg 'tendrils' and then the next one is jumping through the air. In the air he remains as static as ever. He's merely leaning slightly in the direction he's jumping, and his tendrils are spread out farther.

He has one animation for getting hit as well, which is his animation for getting hurt in the first digimon movie, displayed on screen that Izzy and Tai watch. I'll get a video of it later. This spins based on how hard the attack hit him. His sounds are similar to the sounds from the movie. Finally, although all of his movements have next to no animations, there is still the usual start-up lag for all of them. Also, most of his attacks only have a couple of animations, giving him a very 'unique' style.

Notes: All of his 'bite' attack eat projectiles. This does not heal health, nor store them. It simply eliminates them.

GROUND MOVES

Standard Combo:
Rapid Slap! He shoots one of his hands up. It has three positions, halfway between attack and normal, attack, which is straight out, and returning, which goes up. The entire attack lasts for less than a second, but only one position does damage. It does remain in this position longest, the other two being very brief. This attack is quick, but does damage on the weaker side of things. Tapping A rapidly sends his other hand up and down, with a similar motion. Repeating this attack quickly makes it appear as though the animation in his hands was skewed, repeating between a couple positions. Also, only his hands actually move during this attack.

Forward tilt: Double Slap! This attack also has three animations, although it is one attack. The first animation he brings his hands in close, the second animation he holds them both out slightly, and the third, the one in which they do damage, they elongate semi-cartoonishly, like some of Mario's fist attacks, as well as getting wider.This attack only changes the location of his hands, the rest of his body remains static. The entire attack lasts for under a second, and it comes out slightly faster than the average character, but has a bit of lag. Important to note, that if he appears to stop moving in a position where he does damage, the hitbox remains. However, it only does decent damage when it comes out, the rest of the time it does mediocre damage. There is no ending animation, meaning he goes from the attack to standing again with nothing in between. The afterlag on from when his attack animation comes out and goes back in make up for it though.

Down tilt: Double Low slap. This is virtually identical to his forward tilt, the only difference is that he is lower, obviously. Same three animations, sound effects, and damage. However, during this, his hands go through the floor ever so slightly, making it one of the cruelest edge-guarding techniques at his disposal, seeing how it lasts freakishly long times.

Up tilt: Up Slap! This attack is also similar in appearance to the forward tilt. The biggest difference is that it goes straight up, and as such the animations are tilted straight up. This attack has slightly less wait after the third animation to resume standing position, making it slightly faster than down tilt and up tilt. It is slightly weaker, however.

Forward Smash: Databite! This attack eats the very data the characters live on! During the Charge, there is no difference in what his animation is. It remains standing perfectly still, arms at his sides. When the smash is released, his animations are as follows. First, he tilts his head forward, and opens his mouth. This animation is extremely quick. Secondly, he bites down, at which point his face elongates slightly to get a tiny bit more range, making it possible to hit with this smash attack. Finally, he remains leaning for a second, then reverts back to normal. Unlike his tilts, his smash has a specific point it does damage. The hitbox lasts one frame, and is similar to many of jigglypuff's aerials, in which it covers more than just his mouth, actually covering his entire face, and a little in front of him. This attack does a fair amount of damage for a smash, and decent knockback, although the knockback isn't anything special.

Down Smash: Slap Twirl! The charge animation for this attack is simply him raising his hand to roughly the height that he uses for his down tilt, although he doesn't extend it yet. The actual attack has four animations, which are actually the same thing, merely turned 90 degrees each time. He extends one hand out a fair bit, flat opposed to an actual slap like the rest of them, horizontally. Then he spins quickly, twice, revisiting each animation. This is fairly quick, and the animation here is very fast, making his center body a mere blur. This attack does not do a lot of damage, nor knockback, and doesn't seem all that powerful. However, during this he's also in a crouch like formation, and his tail becomes a hitbox during this, meaning he can hit from an above platform as well.

Up Smash: Upperbite! This is once again very similar to his forward smash. It holds similar properties. The main difference is that he moves down ever so slightly while he charges the attack, and looks up, and moves up slightly during the first animation of the bite. The bite still retains it's length and hitbox properties. It doesn't do much knockback however, just hitting them upwards a tiny bit.

Dash Attack: Roving Bites! His dash is unusual as a dash and one of his attacks. The normal dash leans him forward slightly. this has two animations. One is the start, which lasts half a second, which leans him forward so that he's nearly horizontal with the ground. During this he does look forward, retaining the usual appearance. The second animation only changes his face, which is a simple opening of the mouth, which takes next to no time at all. The third 'animation' is merely the second one, but it appears as though he closed his mouth, giving the impression that he, like pacman, is charging forward and biting. These two animations go back and forth three times while his dash slows down. The third time he freezes leaning forward as the first animation, and then after a second, reverts to standing animation.

Each bite does a decent amount of damage and knockback, which pops them straight into the air. Also, each bite has more than one frame in which it does damage, unlike his smashes.

AIR MOVES

Neutral Aerial: This is a fairly generic sex kick. It has slightly less animation than others, but seeing how others don't have much animation in them, there isn't much of a noticable difference. The most damaging part of the sex kick is his head, because his mouth is open, and the weakest part is his elbow.

Up Aerial: Rapid Slap! After a half-second, unnoticeable pause, Keramon suddenly brings one hand up in the air, one animation, and then slaps down and up repeatedly, three times. The three slaps all happen within a second of each other, meaning if one hits the rest are practically guaranteed to hit.

Forward Aerial: Datapunch! This one is similar to his forward tilt yet again. It is only for one hand, however, and there is a second animation, in which it's coming out, but hasn't reached it's full range. As implied by the name, it is a punch, and it is quite a bit slower than most of his aerials, or moves in general. It is a killing move however, and does have decent range. Otherwise, the animations are very close to a single-handed f-tilt.

Back Aerial: Back Datapunch! This attack is nearly identical to his forward aerial. Immediately upon using this attack he turns around, although he keeps the same momentum. Also, this attack loses the frame in between the first and third, and is much faster and weaker. He turns back around when the attack is finished.

Down Aerial: This attack is nearly impossible to see, there is only one animation for it, and it is hard to tell. It's moderately fast, and the difference is his hands raise slightly and and his tendrils lose a tiny bit of length. During this all his tendrils become a hit box. It does mediocre damage, but this attack lasts about the length Link's Down Air, and has very little end lag. This makes it one of his most useful attacks that he has.

GRABS

His grab is one of the slowest in the game. It has one frame for grabbing, which is his hand raised. It isn't great range, but it is decent. What makes this grab worth using is that it lasts the longest out of all the grabs in the game by quite a bit. When he 'grabs' them, he doesn't move at all, and they freeze while grabbed by him. They're also surrounded by 1s and 0s, randomly distributed. To attack he doesn't move at all, the 1s and 0s change. This does a decent amount of damage.

Forward Throw: The 1s and 0s change and shift, and then they're fired out infront of Keramon with decent strength, doing mediocre damage and good knockback.
Up Throw: Once again, the 1s and 0s change, then they're fired directly upwards! This does mediocre damage and good knockback, like the forward throw.
Back Throw: This is the same as the up throw and forward throw, the only difference is that they're sent backwards.
Down Throw: This is similar looking, and they are sent straight down, but it does weak knockback and good damage. It is possible to tech from this move.

SPECIAL MOVES

Neutral Special: Bug Blaster! Yes, the only attack thus far taken from the actual movie! This attack looks like its movie counterpart only in form, it acts somewhat different. Must be because Keramon transfered from the web to Brawl? Who knows.

This is a quick, moderately strong projectile. For Keramon, the only animation is that he opens his mouth. This takes next to no time, and feels very quick in comparison to his other attacks. The actual blast is an orange sphere, which moves in a straight line. However, it does not move at a consistent speed. It stops, then re-appears a couple feet ahead of where it was, as if it was a loading bar, or something highly laggy. He cannot launch another one for two seconds either, meaning he can't make it impossible to approach him while using this attack. This attack does a moderate amount of damage, but the best thing is that spaced properly, it can go through every kind of reflector/shield, with the exception of the actual bubble shield, which it nearly destroys when the shield was at max, and destroys weak shields.

Side Special: Devour Data! This fearsome, game-wrecking attack is one of his most bizarre! He opens his mouth, and a thin stream of the level starts going in. This looks incredibly bizarre, as it appears to take solid blocks of the level's background, and make them smaller, separate, and then fly into his mouth in a thin stream. However, the level regenerates before he finishes eating it, meaning it never actually changes. And if a character gets hit with this? He copies on of their attacks, as well as doing decent damage, but no knockback. He can only steal one technique at a time, and can steal any move, even a taunt. This replaces his move until he uses Devour Data or Glitch field again, at which point it loses its power. When he uses the stolen technique, his form is merely replaced with the form of the one he stole it from, and hits them with it, with the exact same lag before returning to being Keramon.

Up Special: Datastream! He tilts is head up at one of three angles depending on what way he's facing and what angle the control stick is being held. During this tilt his mouth also opens wide. Suddenly from his mouth a thin, nearly invisible strand of tons of 1s and 0s very quickly. This goes up for a moderate, a little less than Marth's Dolphin Slash, and lasts two seconds. If someone is 'hit' by this stream of numbers then they take very little damage. If this sweetspots the tip, then it reverses Keramon's location in relation to what he it, via teleportation. Whatever he hits remains in the exact same location, but Keramon warps to the opposite location. For example, if he's below a ledge, and slightly to the left, and he hits with this ability, he will be warped to the same distance away from the ledge, but above and slightly to the right. This makes edge-guarding him next to impossible, and generally a bad idea, as you're more likely to help his recovery. This ability can work on projectiles, other characters, thrown weapons, etc. The ending lag if he misses is horrendous, but he is able to use the move again. At high level play a common tactic is to trick him into using it, then edge-guard him into oblivion.

Down Special: Glitch Field! This causes a block of glitchy text/pictures, taken randomly from the game, to surround him, unmoving. This removes any special moves he's stolen. Also, if any sort of projectile, whether it be a move another character uses or an item hits the field, it is negated, then morphed into another projectile/item at random. This can create anything, at any level. However, the projectiles cannot hurt Keramon, and the items can only hurt him if someone else picks them up and throws them while he's defenseless. This technique seems strange and useless, but can summon Fully Charged PK Flashes, Charged Samus Shots, and invincibility stars as well as every other item/projectile in the game. Turning off the items in the item switch does not mean he cannot summon them.

Taunts:

1 He turns in one animation to face the screen, and opens his mouth in another to reveal a black hole in the center, before turning back.
2 A Small MSN box opens on top of him, which says Hello! Before disappearing. When you type in a taunt bubble, instead of an actual bubble it types over the hello.
3 In one frame he completely changes, his colour is inverted, he becomes smaller, and surrounded by blocks of space with 1s and 0s, large and visible for a second.

Entrance: The internet hole opens from the first movie, and he floats out from it. For those who didn't see it, the space actually folds into a portal, with some random symbols I don't know the significance of surrounding it.

Alt. Costumes:

These are just alt colours, and they're standard Blue is normal, Green, Yellow, Black, White, and Red. Red has a green mouth and eyes, but besides that, only the basic skin colour changes. He has one interesting alt colour where everything on him, including shading and his shadow on the ground is inverted. Strange? It certainly looks it.

FINAL SMASH
Keramon said:
So you like to play games, huh?
What does this mean? What is happening? You have no time to ponder such questions, as Keramon has grabbed a Smash Ball! This ominous MSN message appears on the screen in the background, blocking out the rest of the background. And suddenly, you hear the words...

"Keramon, Warp Digivolve to...!"

The Flash of light appears, only to be engulfed in darkness while Keramon digivolves, into...

"Diaboromon."

What does this mean? Well, he's Diaboromon for a limited amount of time. This gives him regular movement, fluid and very fast. His attacks remain basically the same, except with twice the range and power. However, his Bug Blaster has become the Spider Shot, which is much faster and more powerful. His Up Special and Side Special have been replaced with Web Wrecker! This has infinite range, and he extends his arm very quickly in whatever direction you hold when you use the B button. It can tether, and grab other people out of the air and grab them. His throws are fluid, and simple throws across the screen or down, using his long arms for momentum. This lasts as long as Giga Bowser before the final part of the Final Smash is revealed... the Mail! Suddenly mail with random sentences starts flying in front of his, and everyone slows down to ridiculously slow speeds. Finally, Diaboromon lets off a massive blast of energy, di-digivolving but destroying all the mail! And the fight returns to normal.

Item Moves: When Keramon picks up an item, it disappears completely, although he still is holding it. Using them don't seem to change much. Close Range Weapons add their properties to his regular attacks, and the long range weapons only show him raising hand to fire them. Throwing objects have no animation at all, they merely fly out in whatever direction you choose.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
Cthulhu

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange eons even death may die."

- the mad Arab, Abdul Alhazred, The Necronomicon

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*​

Description

"It seemed to be a sort of monster, or symbol representing a monster, of a form which only a diseased fancy could conceive. If I say that my somewhat extravagant imagination yielded simultaneous pictures of an octopus, a dragon, and a human caricature, I shall not be unfaithful to the spirit of the thing. A pulpy, tentacled head surmounted a grotesque and scaly body with rudimentary wings; but it was the general outline of the whole which made it most shockingly frightful."
- H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu

"The youth's febrile mind, apparently, was dwelling on strange things; and the doctor shuddered now and then as he spoke of them. They included not only a repitition of what he had formerly dreamed, but touched wildly on a gigantic thing 'miles high' which walked or lumbered about."

"The figure, which was finally passed slowly from man to man for close and careful study, was between seven and eight inches in height, and of exquisite artistic workmanship. It represented a monster of vaguely anthropoid outline, but with an octopuslike head whose face was a mass of feelers, a scaly, rubbery body, prodigious claws on hind and fore feet, and long, narrow wings behind. This thing, which seemed instinct with a fearsome and unnatural malignancy, was of a somewhat bloated corpulence, and squatted evilly on a rectangular block or pedestal covered with undecipherable characters. The tips of the wings touched the back edge of the block, the seat occupied the center, whilst the long, curved claws of the doubled-up, crouching hind legs gripped the front edge and extended a quarter of the way down toward the bottom of the pedestal. The cephalopod head was bent forward, so that the ends of the facial feelers brushed the backs of huge forepaws which clasped the croucher's elevated knees. The aspect of the whole was abnormally lifelike, and the more subtly fearful because its source was so totally unknown."

Cthulhu is the High Priest of a race of cosmic beings known in whispers as the Great Old Ones, who filtered down from the stars when the world was young and ruled before where man rules now. From their cyclopean city of stone, R'lyeh, they held dominion over the prehistoric Earth. But the Great Old Ones were tied to the stars, and when the stars became misaligned, they could no longer live. But though they were not alive, they were not dead, either. They lay dreaming in their stone crypts, protected by the spells of Great Cthulhu, telepathically bending the thoughts of early man to their will in preparation for when the stars would be right again, and they could once again assume their dominance over the planet.

This plan was disrupted long ago, fortunately. In deep antiquity, a massive earthquake sank the tomb-city of R'lyeh far beneath the waters of the Pacific ocean. The telepathic link was broken by the barrier of water, and mankind was freed from their terrible influence. However, the Great Old Ones still wait, dreaming, for the stars to be right for their ascension, and there remain certain cults of men and other Things dedicated to preparing for their cataclysmic return.

Cthulhu is an Elder God beyond the powers of description possessed by human beings. His likeness, however, has been left behind in curious carven idols created from a stone not native to this Earth. They depict a creature with a head like an octopus, with many grasping tentacles draped over an unseen maw and a pulpy, sac-like cranium that rests on the back of its neck. This head surmounts a body that seems like a caricature of a human's; scaly, rubbery and bloated, with two arms and two legs, each tipped by webbed, clawed extremities. From its back sprout two long, narrow, batlike wings reminiscent of a dragon. It isn't each individual aspect of this figure that evokes loathing and horror, but all of them together, arrayed as they are on this impossible abomination.

Cthulhu, according to those cursed to dream of him in his watery grave, and the lone man who looked upon him and survived, stands miles tall. But this star-spawn in Brawl is only slightly larger than Bowser. The mystery of this is not to be delved by those who wish to retain their sanity. He stands hunched forward, his arms hanging loosely in front of him. His walk is a shamble; his run is a lope, touching the ground with both arms in a quadrupedal stride. As he jumps, he raises his clawed hands outward and draws his folded legs to his chest. When he rolls, he slides and grips at the floor as if it were the ichor-slick rocks of R'lyeh's shores. When dread Cthulhu attacks, he appears clumsy and slow, but it is his powers over his opponent's minds and his surprising mobility that make him a force to be feared.

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu

Notes

Cthulhu has two extra jumps, performed by flapping his leathery wings. He is too bulky, and his wings are too small, for gliding, but his recovery is excellent anyway due to possession of two different recovery moves, both with great range. Cthulhu is very heavy and moderately slow, and falls at immense speed when in the air. He is also extremely massive at nine feet tall. The power of his attacks vary widely, but none are extraordinarily strong. He relies instead on control of his enemies through fear and madness to gain the upper hand.

A Attacks

A: Cthulhu sweeps out horizontally with his right claw.

AA: Cthulhu swipes with his left claw.

Running A: Cthulhu comes to an abrupt halt and sweeps his right claw upwards.

> Tilt A: Cthulhu gropes out with his many loathsome tentacles, grasping and tearing at any who stand before him.

^ Tilt A: Cthulhu stretches his long, narrow wings above him, striking with their edges.

V Tilt A: Cthulhu crouches and swipes with his right claw. Can be chained, like his neutral A combo.

> Smash A: Cthulhu flaps his wings and leaps forward, trampling his enemies beneath his clawed bulk.

^ Smash A: Cthulhu rears back and faces the sky with his writhing tendrils, catching, crushing and hurling the first opponent to dare enter his grasp.

V Smash A: Cthulhu hops into the air and throws his titanic mass into a stomp with both feet, his prodigious claws extended.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral A: Cthulhu flaps his wings in front and behind, tearing the air itself with his passage.

> Tilt A: Cthulhu swipes his right claw before him.

< Tilt A: Cthulhu flaps his wings out behind him.

^ Tilt A: Cthulhu reaches his right paw above him, and if he grasps an enemy in his claws, he throws them directly downward. This attack is not a meteor smash.

V Tilt A: Cthulhu kicks with his left hindpaw, in an arc that swings from front to back.

B Attacks

Neutral B: Call of Cthulhu:

"This bore regular fruit, for after the first interview the manuscript records daily calls of the young man, during which he related startling fragments of nocturnal imagery whose burden was always some terrible Cyclopean vista of dark and dripping stone, with a subterrene voice or intelligence shouting monotonously in enigmatical sense-impacts uninscribable save as gibberish."

Cthulhu throws back his head, opens his arms and extends his wings. He roars a chant of blasphemies both ancient and terrible, breaking the febrile minds of his enemies. Without the compulsion of thought or will, they cease their actions and step toward him in reverence until the spell binds them no more, either from physical harm, resistance of the titanic will, or the passage of time.

Side B: Cosmic Wave:

"Then, bolder than the storied Cyclops, great Cthulhu slid greasily into the water and began to pursue with vast wave-raising strokes of cosmic potency."

Cthulhu leans forward and extends his hands and wings before him, then flaps, sliding along the ground with monstrous speed, as if he were swimming through the gulf between worlds. Enemies caught in the initial stroke are hurt more than if they are struck by him in his forward movement.

^ B: Disintegration:

"There was a bursting as of an exploding bladder, a slushy nastiness as of a cloven starfish, a stench as of a thousand opened graves, and a sound that the chronicler would not put on paper. For an instant the ship was befouled by an acrid and blinding green cloud, and then there was only a venomous seething astern; where - God in heaven! - the scattered plasticity of that nameless sky-spawn was nebulously recombining in its original hateful form, whilst its distance widened every second as the Alert gained impetus from its mounting steam."

Cthulhu explodes into a noxious green gas and travels in the direction held before rematerializing. The gas does some damage to enemies in its path, but little knockback. Cthulhu is invincible to harm while in this form.

V B: Cthulhu Fhtagn:

"When, after infinities of chaos, the first men came, the Great Old Ones spoke to the sensitive among them by molding their dreams; for only thus could Their language reach the fleshy minds of mammals."

Cthulhu closes his slitted eyes and holds his head in his scaly paws. Any opponent in a short range before him has their controls reversed in madness for two seconds.

Grabs and Throws

Grab: Cthulhu scoops up his enemy with one scaled forepaw, and holds them before him.

Running Grab: Cthulhu swings his arm and snatches his opponent up, instantly coming to a stop.

Grab Attack: Cthulhu squeezes his opponent with his innumerable fetid tentacles.

> Throw: Cthulhu holds his helpless enemy to his poison maw, to be clutched and rent and thrown by his tentacles.

< Throw: Cthulhu turns and hurls his enemy backhanded.

^ Throw: Cthulhu tosses his enemy into the air, then gathers himself and leaps, flapping in a cloud of stinking fumes, to collide with them as they return to earth.

V Throw: Cthulhu throws his enemy to the ground and puts his weight into a stomp with his clawed right foot.

Final Smash

Beyond the Veil of Reality

"The Thing cannot be described - there is no language for such abysms of shrieking and immemorial lunacy, such eldritch contradictions of all matter, force, and cosmic order. A mountain walked or stumbled. God! What wonder that across the Earth a great architect went mad, and poor Wilcox raved with fever in that telepathic instant? The Thing of the idols, the green, sticky spawn of the stars, had awaked to claim his own. After vigintillions of years great Cthulhu was loose again, and ravening for delight."

What's this? This entire match has been a mere dream of the Great Old One. Cthulhu wakes from his dream, and in an instant of fog and screeching his opponents find themselves in battle with his true form, standing atop his massive, pulpy head among the cloud-tops over the charnel city of R'lyeh. Great Cthulhu has become the stage, and he can be controlled as normal to attempt to shake off the tiny insects that his enemies really are. His speed is greatly reduced, but evading every attack and quake from his mountainous bulk is no easy feat. After ten seconds, Cthulhu falls asleep and gameplay resumes on the original stage in his diminuitive form.

Entrance

A titanic wave crashes down on the stage, and as it washes away, dread Cthulhu is revealed.

Taunts

Up Taunt: Cthulhu leans back and roars "Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Side Taunt: Cthulhu hunches over, holds his head in his hands and laughs gutturally.

Down Taunt: Cthulhu briefly turns translucent. Greenish particles swarm in and replenish his alien mass.

Victory Poses

Victory Pose 1: Cthulhu poses with hands held out inside a circular bonfire.

Victory Pose 2: Cthulhu is lying asleep, sprawled on the ground.

Victory Pose 3: Cthulhu holds his claws up in double "V for Victory" signs.

Victory Music

A snatch from the beginning of this song, from the movie Cthulhu Mansion.

On another note, the announcer declares that Cthulhu has won the match in that same voice, and if you were wondering how the name is pronounced, the video takes a pretty good crack at it, despite it being a word alien to the human tongue.

Kirby Hat

Kirby wears great Cthulhu's loathsome green squid-head, its many feelers writhing before his eyes. He also gains two tiny, narrow dragon wings on his back, which flap when he jumps but serve no real purpose. When Kirby performs the Call of Cthulhu, he mimics the unholy chant of the Great Old One in his own, squeaky voice.

Alternate Colors

Default Color: Greenish-black, with flecks of gold.

Color Change 1: Gold, with greenish undertones. (Team Yellow color)

Color Change 2: Red, with darker red areas. (Team Red color)

Color Change 3: Pale, sickly green. (Team Green color)

Color Change 4: Dark blue. (Team Blue color)

Color Change 5: White, with red eyes.

Color Change 6: Sepia tones.

Crowd Chant

When Cthulhu finds himself in the lead, his loyal cultists in the audience loudly and enthusiastically chant,

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

Stage

Innsmouth Docks

Innsmouth. A port town in new England which was once almost a city, though now it seems to have fewer inhabitants than deserted buildings. It's nighttime, and the scene is lit by a yellow, gibbous moon peering through a cloudy sky. Gameplay takes place on a sea-wall with steps leading down to a rotted wharf, with the line of the sand-choked bay extending out to the flat black shape of Devil Reef in the distance, where an unnatural glow periodically illuminates a swarm of ghastly undulating half-human shapes. The eye cannot discern if the expanse of ocean contains simply waves, or hordes of loathsome flopping swimmers between the town and accursed reef. To the right is the bay of the Manuxet. To the left are the crumbling wooden shacks of the waterfront, their decayed gambrel roofs both blocking exit from the ground level and hiding all but the rooftops on the curve of higher ground, three creaking Georgian spires and the white belfry of the Marsh gold refinery.

The wharf possesses four pairs of ancient piles supporting four sections of rotted timbers. These sections are individually destructible, but after a time they will re-form under the construction of hidden icthyoid shapes which scale the piles under cover of darkness. If a combatant falls in the shimmering water, there is little time for escape before the unseen Deep Ones attack from below. The level of the water under the wharf constantly rises and falls, as if displaced by the movement of some monstrosity from the hideous aquatic city of Y'ha-nthlei.

The passage of clouds over the yellow moon, and the tolling of unhallowed church bells, signal new horrors. From the depths below the bay rises an amorphous shape silhouetted against the weak moonlight, a creature which can be none other than the blasphemous fish-god, Dagon. He raises a scaly arm to the darkened sky. Watch where he aims his terrible blow, for he will thrash against an unbroken section of the wharf, then once again subside beneath the waves as the waning moon is once again uncovered and the horrible din of the bells ceases to clash.

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innsmouth

Stage Music

Theme from The Call of Cthulhu (Movie)

Theme from Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (Video Game)

Call of Ktulu - Metallica

Theme from The Other Gods (Short Film)

Theme from Dagon (Movie)

Innsmouth Fish-Man Song - H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society

Item

Cthulhu Idol

"Then, whispered Castro, those first men formed the cult around small idols which the Great Ones showed them; idols brought in dim eras from dark stars."

Whoever picks up this statuette of soapy, greenish-black stone, flecked and striated with gold or iridescence, will be imbued with madness, and have their controls reversed. Throw it away! If it hits someone else, they will themselves seize it and be similarly affected. The idol can be passed three times before its power wanes, and it dissolves back from whence it came.

Subspace Emissary

Boss

Azathoth

The blind, idiot god who sits on a black throne at the center of Chaos, the daemon-sultan lulled by the thin, monotonous piping of a nameless mute servitor, surrounded by flopping amorphous dancers and the muffled, relentless beating of vile drums. This thing whose name is feared to be spoken aloud, who bubbles and blasphemes at the center of Ultimate Chaos, is that monstrous nuclear chaos beyond angled space which the Necronomicon mercifully cloaks under the name of Azathoth.

It is hunger of power and dominion which drives great Cthulhu to seek out and usurp the Lord of All Things who sleeps beyond the black vortices beneath the plane of reality, and after a journey through the Subspace behind the angles of this world, through mazes of floating half-shapes and disjointed sections of areas drawn in by the Subspace army, and after battles with numberless bubble-congeries and shimmering tetrahedrons, he achieves his goal. The daemon-sultan and his hordes of mindless slaves lie sprawled before dread Cthulhu at the center of Ultimate Chaos. To help him in this battle he has enlisted the aid of one other character, naive to the mortal and eternal dangers posed by both consorting with and opposing these ancient, terrible powers.

At the beginning of the battle, Cthulhu and his ally face the formless hordes of Azathoth's court, who stand in the way of their true goal: the mad piper who keeps the beast lulled in slumber. The Nameless Piper does not itself attack, and the flopping dancers are relatively weak, but they respawn and continue their attack very quickly after each defeat. When the Piper is taken down to 25%, a new foe appears in its defense: the Crawling Chaos, Nyarlathotep! He takes the shape of the black silhouette of a gaunt, robed man, wreathed in electricity, and attacks with massive bolts of lightning while teleporting around the arena. While he exists, the Piper is protected from harm. Once both he and the Piper are defeated, the thin whine of the flute ceases, and the amorphous horror who squats on the black throne is awakened.

Azathoth does not move from the throne. He opens swirling vortices of pure chaos around the battlefield as his primary mode of attack. He will also induce madness in you and your partner, reversing your controls, turning your partner against you, fluctuating your apparent damage values, temporarily immobilizing you, and increasing and decreasing your speed at random. Truly, this is a battle at the heart of Primal Chaos itself. But eventually the blind idiot god will fall before your attacks.

But wait! Cthulhu's true intentions are revealed as he assumes fallen Azathoth's seat on the Throne of Chaos. It is up to you to ensure that throne remains vacant. You, the foolish mortal who meddled in powers too great for you to contemplate, must do battle with the new master of Chaos. You face a very intelligent, computer-controlled Cthulhu who also possesses Azathoth's shadow vortices and powers of madness. Defeat him to atone for your folly!

Kips

Smash Ace
Awesome character! Cthulu is such a cool choice that my mind was shattered by his awesomeness. Almost as awesome as Viki. Speaking of which, Fawriel, I wonder why that thread is dead. Despite 600+ views, nobody ever posts. It really gets a bit.. irritating to put that much work into something and see it get crippled.

Note- 400th post is now used FOR VIKI SUPPORT! <3.

courte

Smash Lord
oh sorry im so late with the reply fawriel, but K'oss is a character by wavebossa for mugen, a 2d fighting game engine. He is stylized to play as close to a smash character as possible, as in terms of execution for attacks and button commands as well as abilities

courte

Smash Lord
...i'm gonna move this to the Make your own moves thread soon.

Obviously[[Maybe only to me]] She would be redesigned... more highlights on those bladed arms, and personally i'd like different colors but thats just me.

A - A quick Horizontal Slap
A,A - Two quick Slaps--Makes for an annoying infitnite combo.:grin:
A,A,A - Slap, Slap, Punt Kick?! Where the hell did that come from.
A,A,A,A - Discharge Samus waves her cannon arm horizontally, releasing random energy, based of of any of her previous beams. Some are rarer than others. Works similar to the Falcon A combo in SMASH64[I.E. fourth hit is optional}
Dash Attack - Samus becomes a ball and does a speed boost tripping the opponent(s)

F-Smash - Missile Combo Samus sticks out her arm, not as fast as the other F-Smash, and similar to Zelda's Melee F-Smash, her arm cannon opens up as seen in Metroid Prime and begins to radiate energy, sucking the opponent in.
D-Smash - Bomb Charge Paying homage to Super Metroid, Samus will hop up slightly in bomb form and drop 5 very small bombs; one underneath her, two beside them, and 5 that will move out further on either side depending on how long this technique was charged.
U-Smash - Wave Beam

F-Tilt A - Samus slashes her arm out and gets that freaky growth thing going, as the blades on her forearm increase in size slightly
D-Tilt A - Power Bomb - Has a vacuum effect
U-Tilt A - Parasite Powered Flip Kick

N-Air Radiation [Short time]
F-Air Blade Upper
B-Air Drop Kick(Has influencing movement-momentum, low priority??)
D-Air Dropping Shoulder(Has influencing movement-momentum, low priority??)
U-Air - Flipping Headbutt

B - Charge Shot--This one is far less powerful and far smaller in size than the charge beam, yet comes with the option of slightly faster fire. Short range, dissapates quickly[Becomes long beam if used in the air] Fires about as fast as Falco's with the same effect as Fox's.
Can be charged to fire a condensed version of any of the past games beams. Basic will be white, anything else will have slight color variation around white center. Color of smoke above Samus' head is indication; if you do not want that effect, charge until you get another. Can only charge 3 times max. Colors have a large gap in rarity/occurrence.

Down B - Parasite Leech - Samus's special grab attack. A parasitic X will come out of her body and travel a short distance. If used on someone in the air, it is a spike, she will turn into a ball, and it will spike them on contact. If the parasite does not connect, it will fall and die, turning into dust. If used on ground she will have 3 options. A for an strong attack, B for a movement attack, and Jump for a jumping throw attack. All of these attacks involve the parasite in some what, and while not doing much damage -Never more than 10%- the damage done will be rewarded back to Samus as the parasite returns[[I actually thought about "press Z to go into basic grab--a little broken?? yeah]]

Side B - Speed Boost[ShineSpark] - This attack works similar to Yoshi's egg roll, only you must pick up speed before it has any effect. Only works in one direction. After about 3-5 steps, Samus will start to glow. Press down to save and use in air. If used in air, there is a SMALL period of time you have to change your direction. If you used in air straight left or right, will turn into a ball for a short while. You can only save one for a short time. [4-5 seconds max]

Up B - Space Jump - This attack is similar to Pikachu's Up-B as well as Samus, and is an emulation of wall jumping. You get three jumps, and cannot move in the same direction on the first two. They are mediocre, less than a reular jump, and you have spinning animation of the Screw Attack, although upon contact with an enemy you lightly knock them away. Low damage. If you are facing a has not horizontal than vertical per jump, although jumps are small in all. must tilt in a direction and press B again for another jump. It turns you in the opposite direction in air, so if you are facing left, you fill jump left and land facing right. Cannot be fastfalled as the attack ends when you hit the ground. Invulnerable to projectilves during take off and landing[I.E. respective positions of the arc if used in air]

Grab -- Actually choose not to use her grappling Hook --GASP-- instead grabs her opponents with hand and parasite. [[Pressing back once grabbed will trigger a parasite which will hold the enemy for her as she walks around?? Your thoughts and opinions on this??]]
----------------------------
Attack-Stomach Shot
Forward-Flurry of slashes followed by an ending slash uppercut
Up-Tosses opponent up and lashes at the multiple times with grappling beam for the floor.
Down-Throw the opponent to the ground with her grapple beam, whom doesn't bounce back, but slide forward on the floor. Cannot be teched?? Can be a spike move if used close to the edge??
-Back Grabs are all Parasite Based
feel free to contribute with this one.

Final Smash
Air Strike- "Let's do it, Adam!!" "You got it, Lady!!"
Samus will call her ever changing on gunship, usually the purple one from Fusion. Depending on rarity, the model will still be the same, but colors and small features may appear different, referencing other games. It lands hard on the stage with landing gear straight out, damaging anyone in the area. She hops in and gets to pilot it for a short while, either shooting god knows which types of shorts[Possibly based on any of her many beams] strafing left and right, or the option of hitting jump to perform a fly by on the stages ground level, or perhaps dropping down again for some pain. At the end of the final smash, Samus return glowing, and a Super Power Bomb is dropped. It has a strong black hole effect and last 5 seconds ever expanding, Samus is invulneable for only 2 so get out of there!!

Or Parasite Storm
Samus looks to the left, then Shine Sparks straight up, a storm of creatures, from Metroids and parasites mostly, to the occasional one rare monster from an actual game. Perhaps even some advance metroid stages may make an appearance {Alpha Omega etc]
Samus returns slightly before the end to try and absorb some of the parasites.

MetaLord

Smash Cadet
According to relativity, I'm where ever I want to
Bloody hell, on the mountains of madness; I CAN'T BEAT THIS.
What wretched fate have I, to be faced with horror and awe manifest! As I do write this, I feel fear for my life; the elder gods must surely have ordained against me. As Ib was destroyed, I am also. But be wary! As its inhabitants have done, I shall come for retribution in your prosperity, and will overtake and annihilate you; beware the light.

But seriously, this is truly an awesome moveset and worthy of applause. It appears that you have quite a liking to Cthulhu mythos as I do. I only regret that I didn't think of doing this first. Although an elder god capable of warping reality is a bit high-tier isn't it?

Just for this, I'll going to make changes to my original character.
I challenge you sir! I will conceive a character capable of matching your elder god! (as though they were actual characters in the game)

Oh and if we can remake characters, I'm doing Roy.

courte

Smash Lord
what is there something wrong with my Fusion Suit Samus??
Also to oddcrow, nice Waddledee moveset, i made one revolving around him actually deing completely reliant upon his opponent and copy abilities from the actual kirby franchise--put it in the dedede thread so it probably doesn't exist anymore, but yours is very good

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
Bloody hell, on the mountains of madness; I CAN'T BEAT THIS.
What wretched fate have I, to be faced with horror and awe manifest! As I do write this, I feel fear for my life; the elder gods must surely have ordained against me. As Ib was destroyed, I am also. But be wary! As its inhabitants have done, I shall come for retribution in your prosperity, and will overtake and annihilate you; beware the light.

But seriously, this is truly an awesome moveset and worthy of applause. It appears that you have quite a liking to Cthulhu mythos as I do. I only regret that I didn't think of doing this first. Although an elder god capable of warping reality is a bit high-tier isn't it?

Just for this, I'll going to make changes to my original character.
I challenge you sir! I will conceive a character capable of matching your elder god! (as though they were actual characters in the game)

Hah, well said, but I believe your analogy is mistaken. As DOOM came to Sarnath, so it shall come to you, my friend, and no longer shall my movesets lap and froth against your green sea walls, for not even a ruin shall remain as testament to your mightiness, and the great water lizard will scuttle over the reeds in your absent place.

I kid, I kid. Thanks for the kudos. I too was amazed I hadn't thought of it sooner, and seized on it as a way to maybe weasel out an exclamation point for myself. You've done some very fine work yourself, and I only hoped to match it. But your challenge is accepted; I've still got some ideas for His Squidness slushing around in the old noggin.

courte

Smash Lord
umm i put up fusion suit samus cuz shes like... i different... like the fusion suit has a few new abilities... similar to the Zero Suit.... i'm sorry??!

If you do a roy list, please also share it with us over at the Roy for Brawl thread!!--although i feel that Roy SHOULD be redone, based on his actual game this time around
Eliwood = Roy Clone
Sigurd = Marth Clone With Magic
Erika = Would have no chance if she wasn't a girl, but it'd be interesting to see her in
Hector = Ike Clone, with more speed and less range [[At least the dude is aware of his weapon, unlike "i can use ONE hand, ma!!" Ike
Lyndis = WOULD equal Vergil from DMC3:SE
Ephraim Would Break the game with his awesome

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
I edited a tiny bit of EYE-SCREAM's post, adding a Subspace Emissary part and a new picture to help see how Eye-Scream turns into ice cream.

I plan on expanding on the Subspace Emissary section later.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
cthulhu thats so good:laugh: gotta say its perfect good stuff

Bobobo-bobo-bobo

I don't care what people say about this show/manga I think its hilarious proably my third favorite behind Detective Conan and Death Note. It basically parodies other animes/mangas like DBZ, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh, Deathnote and the magicgirl genre as a whole. Bobobo is a warrior who fights against the evil crome dome empire along with his friends beauty, papa rocks(don patch in the anime), gas can and later on General Jelly Jiggler. He has other allies that come in and out of the manga at certain points.Bobobo is a skilled user of the fist of the nose hair technique where his nosehairs grow long and can be used like whips. He can use hair from his head, armpits and eyebrows as well. Many things seem to live in his head including small people, animals and Yugi Motto from yu-gi-oh. He has a strong sense of justice even though he uses his friends as shields alot of the time.

Looks like someone else on the roster right
Bobobo is the one in the back

Heres Denbo

Dengaku Man He says hes a...dog.

Stats
Weight:****
Speed:***
Range:****
Power:***
Traction:****

A:Bobobo moves forward a little bit and his nose hair stretches out. One goes up the goes down. This move low damage and low knockback.
AA:Bobobo whips the nose hair on top to the bottom and the nose on the bottom to the top. This move dose the same damage and knockback as his A move.
AAA:Bobobo rapidly whips his nose hair up and down. This move is similar to kirbys move some melee. Each hit dose the same damage and knockback as his A move. He can do three to five whips depending on how many times the button is tapped.
Dash A:Bobobo is suddenly in his pajamas (a tutu) and spins forward with his nose hair wrapped around him. This move is very weak with little knockback but has good range.
Forward Tilt:Bobob turns into Ryuk from Death Note only with sun glasses and an afro and swipes forward with his claw.
Down Tilt:[COLOR]Bobobo turns into his most prized possesion his toy police car. He drives forward a short ditance. This has no knockback and little damage
Up Tilt:Bobobo stands straight up and his afro opens up and his friend Dengaku man pops up holding two sticks of dengaku. This attack has shorter range but dose more damage than his other attacks
Nair::Bobobo sticks out his armpit hair and flaps with it once. Like his Dash A it dose little damage but has good range.
Fair:Bobobo sticks his nose hair out in front of him in a straight line. The momentum pushes him back a little bit. This move has average damage knockback and range.
Uair:Bobobo grabs his companion king nose hair a massive nose hair that once lived in his nose and swings him upward. This attack has shorter range than his other but the same knock back but higher damage.
Bair:Bobobo swings a loaf of his favorite food behind him, white bread. Similar to his Uair but behind him.
Dair:Bobobo dose a regular kick straight down. He falls fast and dose moderate damage and little knockback.
Forward Smash:: While charging he holds his hands infront of him like if he were guarding. On release his afro opens up and yugi motto comes out and holds up a card after which osiris(slifer the sky dragon) appears in front of bobobo and makes a small explosion in front of him. Even though this is done very fast there is still some lag. Also osiris is smaller than he really is and half of him is in the ground. This move is powerful to compinsate for its lag.
Down SmashBobobo puts his back to the screen while charging. When released he shakes his but to to the right then left and then right again. Tis move is down quickly but has lag comming out of it. He is also extremely vunerable from the top while doing this. It has decent knockback.
Up Smash:While charging Bobobo bends forward at the waist. When released he leans back while having his nose hair make an ark right above him. This attack is weaker than his other smashes and is also faster. Its knock back is weaker as well.
Grab:Bobobo simply grabs his opponent
Grab Hit:Bobobo jabs his nose hair out tto hit the person.
Up throw:Bobobo throws the opponent up and shoots a kamehameha wave up out of his mouth. The wave can hurt people above him besides the one he threw.
Down Throw:Bobobo throws them on the ground, turns into robot bobobo and falls on them. has got some lag but dose good damage for a throw.
Forward Throw:Bobobo throws him a little bit in front and bends his head down and whips it up quickly whipping them with his nose hair.
Back Throw:Stands on one foot as he leans back and tosses them behind him. It gose a good length but dose little damage.
Neutral Special:Rapid Slash:Bobobo turns into Ryuk and rapidly slashes right in front of him. Each hit of this atack dose small damage but there are 10-20 hits depending on how many times you tap B. It has very little knockback. Its difficult to hit him from above but hes vunerable from behind.
Up Speacial:Super Fist Of The Eyebrow:Bobobo gets on a bicycle and rides forward a little and then straight up. While this is happening his eyebrow hair flails right above his head. Even when hes in the air he rides forward but he still sinks. This is good for recovery but hitting someone with the bike dose little damage. The eyebrows do more damage but are hard to hit with.
Side Special:Keepin On Schedule:Bobobo turns into a train and rapidly charges froward. This move is similar to Foxes side speacial only if your on the ground you can hold down the button to build up speed. Building up speed dose not increase the damage this move dose but how fast and far it gose.
Down Special:Bell Peppers:Bobobo hates bell peppers but if he puts one in his hair he can do the following. When he uses the attack his afro open up and shoots out fire. This move can be charged to two levels. Tapping the button shoots out a small fire ball. Holding it down for about 4 seconds makes a slightly larger fire ball with a large tail. Holding it down for 5 more seconds makes a stream of fire shoot out. This is verry strong but has little knock back.
Final Smash:Fusion!Super Denbo-Chan:Bobobo fuses with his friend dengaku man and turns into Denbo. She then use her emerald heart attack. She rises into the air and shoots hearts straight down. You can use the control stick to aim it. Gose through platforms and every heart dose major damage. This attack dose not last long.

Fawriel

Smash Master
... sup, everyone.
I've been kinda stressed about university lately, so I've been kinda avoiding this thread... sorry about it.
The images in the first post are updated, links will come after this post, pretty pictures and secondaries STILL not done... >_> <_<

But Aves finally has a picture!
Now go read the moveset! It's a milestone! *shakes fist*

I already commented, didn't I?
Well, that moveset... is awesome. It's one of many movesets that I consider giving an exclamation mark... maybe! On the other hand, I should probably be less lenient with those.
Let's do it like this: Do you think it deserves one, and why? :p

[Feraligatr]
You're in the same boat as Warxe. XD
It's a big, fat moveset with more creativity than most Pokemon movesets... but is it outstanding? Defend yourself! *points finger*

I see your point, but I did give a brief description of his metagame at the end. I'll see what I can do.

P.S. I'd love if someone could photoshop some alt. colors. Red is what I have, black is the other style. I'd need blue, yellow, green, and white.
here, look under appearance
http://chaos.foxmage.com/edwardcostumes.jpg
Here you go. Sorry, I took the liberty to find a different image. I think it looks better, and it's not like it's really necessary to show the front and back each time... plus, this one was way easier to work with because of the smooth lines.

Also, I must thank you for reminding me of the FMA manga, which takes a completely different turn around the middle and has way less "fluff" than the anime in my eyes...
Well, this is the second reason for the lack of an update. I can barely keep myself from reading all the time. :p
It is truly an amazing manga. Probably the first time one managed to make me cry. And laugh out loud. Repeatedly. Warmly recommended to anyone with taste.

Now, I got a better idea of what Ed is like again. I actually think my idea of having him store a certain "type" of alchemy with a b move, is still viable. After all, the clap creates the "circle", while he himself acts as the formula, if I recall correctly what Izumi Curtis said. The alchemy is activated as soon as he touches something.
Though it's true that really using alchemy on someone isn't viable... the only way I can think of using it directly on an opponent is by copying Scar's destructive ability, which Ed actually does in the manga ( not sure if it's in the anime, too ).
So he could store the attack and thus give his next attack involving his hands ( within a short time limit ) a great destructive power. Or so.

Also, a B move manipulating the ground for more than a temporary attack would be interesting and give him great strategic possibilities. Imagine erecting a wall to defend you from projectiles, allow you to camp, raise the height of the ledge for edgeguarding...

Also, fun fact: Ed uses THE KNEE in an early chapter. W00t!

Whew... creepy. Creepy and... Game&Watch-y. What a combination. Another interesting character.

I already gave this an exclamation mark in advance... but only two stars! Complete it and make us proud! *salutes*

[Cthulhu]
Alright, now why should I give you a...

Actually, now that I look at it again, I might as well just go ahead and give you one.
You really thought of almost everything.
Except music.
Of course, that's probably for our own good.

oh sorry im so late with the reply fawriel, but K'oss is a character by wavebossa for mugen, a 2d fighting game engine. He is stylized to play as close to a smash character as possible, as in terms of execution for attacks and button commands as well as abilities
Aah, I see. I was confused because I thought that comment was meant to have something to do with Pink Panther...

[remade Samus]
Err.

It might be a bit of a long shot, but I think Samus has a chance of appearing in Brawl.

But we already have a Roy with teh phire!

... am I the only one who noticed that?

I edited a tiny bit of EYE-SCREAM's post, adding a Subspace Emissary part and a new picture to help see how Eye-Scream turns into ice cream.

I plan on expanding on the Subspace Emissary section later.
Excellent. *rubs hands*

Though, isn't Kirby the man you're looking for here?

[Bobobo-bobo-bobo]
Bobobobobo-boboobo-bobobbbbbbbbbb....o.

Bobo.

*thumbs up*

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

BASS

he's a villain from the megaman series, and probably the most badass character from it too. as qupted from wikipedia

"Bass is the first AutoNavi (independent NetNavi) ever created. He is a mysterious AI who roamed the deepest recesses of the internet, seeking to do battle with the strongest opponents. His past is intertwined with that of Tadashi Hikari. He was created by a scientist named Dr. Cossack, whom he saw as a father, as a part of the AutoNavi project: a project to create a NetNavi that was not reliant on an operator or PET to function. Due to the Alpha (Proto) incident, Bass was blamed for the malfunctioning of several devices and was believed to have been deleted by the SciLab Elite Corps. Since that day, he vowed to destroy humanity as he felt betrayed, the scar inflicted upon his chest a constant reminder of the horrors brought upon him. His identity as a SoloNavi allowed him to escape detection. As seen in Mega Man Battle Network 3, Bass' presence also creates communication interference, which only complemented his escape.

Immensely powerful due to an ability hard-wired into him, the Get Ability program (which allows him to absorb the power of any foe he defeats in battle), Bass has had enormous staying power throughout the series"

he's been in many megaman games, even costarring in megaman and bass.

he's got about 0% chance...

so on to the moveset!

he's built very similarly to marth, he is the same weight, runs a little slower, and jumps a littler higher, but falls a little faster. he's also about as tall as marth

since in his games he has the 'get ability' program, i decided it would make an awesome b move. i also decided to base his entire character around it. so his standard b is get ability. this one works a little differently from kirbies copy ability. instead of getting another characters b move, smash attacks, tilts, and aerials. after you absorb one, you don't lose it until the match ends.

it would work like this. you press b, bass's eyes flash, and if there is anyone in a horizontal path of him ,their colors invert for a few seconds and then bass's do too. then the next smash, tilt, or aerial you do will be from that character. you could use sword attacks because bass has an energy sword already which he sometimes uses, and he could create electrical charges already, so pikachu is doable as well. if you hit someone with this move, and do more than one smash/aerial/tilt, you can get up to three moves from it before you have to use it again. its unblock able, and would be awesome in four player matches. if you don't have a certain attack absorbed and you try to use it, it would be weak and not have detailed animation. if you already have a move absorbed, but you use get ability on someone else and use it again, it changes to the new person's move. (this also copies dash attacks)

up b, dragon rush. this is from megaman battle network 3, bass jumps up about the hight of a normal jump, and then slams downward at a 45 degree angle and fire comes up out of the ground around him.

side b, megabuster. even bass had a megabuster in the game, this acts like the super scope but more powerfull, and you can only shoot three rapid fire shots at a time. if he uses this in the air he stalls, like mario with his cape. the shots look sort of like mewtwo's none charged shadow ball.

down b, dark pulse. i kind of made this one from scratch, bass points forward and anyone standing right in front of him (not a lot of range, think luigi's fsmash)there gets pushed backwards, about as fast as if kirby spits you out, and for as long as you hold it down, but it gets weaker the farther away they get, until it has no effect. this does no damage.

final smash : super absorb

this is all the more awesome bass puts his hands out in front of him, and opens them into an energy blast about as big as the mario finale that goes all the way across the screen horizontally in the direction he's facing. all the background it passes through gets its color inverted for the lasting of the move. the first person who gets touched by it freezes, wherever he is, all of his colors invert as well. bass is invincible, and no matter where he is any tilt/smash/aerial he does acts like its hitting this person, and he absorbs it from them at the same time. this person stays frozen in place for about 10 sec, then continues on normally, with a lot more damage. all the other people who get hit second or third freeze as well, and they also get hit by the attacks bass does, but he only absorbs attacks from the first person.

Example of the color inversion effect above

throws
back throw :he throw the opponent over his shoulder, and then quickly pulls out his energy sword and spins around to strike them, then puts it away quickly. the sword hit is dodgeable.
down throw : takes his opponent by the leg ( if grab able) and slams them into the ground from it.
forward throw : knees his opponent in the chest area and they fly forward.vv
up throw : spins the opponent above his head for a second, then you see a tremor of dark energy quickly rising from his feet to his hands, and then he blasts his opponent upward for the upward effects of samus's up throw.

so badass

cool extra stuff
he always wears his badass cloak, but as an alternate costume he could be bass GS from battle network 3.
he floats instead of walking and running, and hovers instead of standing. psychic powers FTW!

the rest of this characters story is listed on his wikipedia page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass.EXE

i'm not sure where he belongs, badass section or dark section... i'd go for badass, because he's a bit of an anti-hero sometimes.

as another alt costume he could have his original look

before he got his scar and had to wear the cape

Taunt 1 : Bass faces you (the screen) and his eyes flash like he's using get ability, then he smirks and turns back.

Taunt 2 : he glows in a dark aurora and floats in the air.

Taunt 3 : he pulls out his sword and slashes a few times (no damage) in front of him ,and puts it away.

Victory pose 1 : Bass is covered in a dark aurora and he's floating in the air with his hands clenched, and he's laughing malevolently. (like first picture)

Victory pose 2 : Bass isn't their, but then you see him warp in like megaman does.

Victory pose 3 : Bass is flashing inverted and he says "Now you belong to me" (he absorbs people when he wins in his games)

Stage : Undernet

the undernet is a simple stage. think the platforms from the megaman battle network series. (couldn't find pics). they are mainly the same as all the other series. no color them black with red glowing veins going through them.

there are a few types of platforms. there are three in the center, non pass through, non moving. its about a fourth of final destination. to the right is a block that moves left and right, and is pass-through. one more space over is a block that moves up and down, pass through again. i made a picture so it wouldn't be confusing.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Keramon has the rest of his aerials, throws, and some of his specials!

... And Irony, Bass has a similar technique. Well, they're a pairing for Subspace Emissary made in heaven, two characters who can acknowledge they're in a game.

EDIT: I just had another idea... that makes five more potential characters from me, maybe. I'll list them here, and see if any are particularly popular, as I doubt I'll have time to do them all.

Dark Link (Legend of Zelda)
Tyson or Max (Beyblades)
Impmon/Beelzemon (Digimon)
Puppetmon (Digimon)
Mikelo Chrors (Original)

Edit again: Nice choice on the background for Keramon's icon Fawriel, I love it.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
I've added a stage for Cthulhu to call home. Innsmouth Docks. I also noticed I'd forgotten his dash attack, so I added that too. I'm also putting the Shoggoth AT in its own post. I'll try to think of improvements beyond that, but Lovecraft wasn't the most action-oriented guy and it's tough finding true-to-character moves and such. Stay tuned.

I've got a new moveset in the works as well. I don't know if he fits the criteria after Fusion Suit Samus' rejection, but I think he's got almost no chance of being in the actual roster, so I'll just post him and leave it to Fawriel as to whether he's mustard.

Fresh edit: It took me 2 hours, but a dare is a dare and I've added a stage music section for Innsmouth Docks. Tweaked one of his taunts, too.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
Assist Trophy

Shoggoth

"They were normally shapeless entities composed of a viscous jelly which looked like an agglutination of bubbles, and each averaged about fifteen feet in diameter when a sphere. They had, however, a constantly shifting shape and volume - throwing out temporary developments or forming apparent organs of sight, hearing and speech in imitation of their masters, either spontaneously or according to suggestion."
- H.P. Lovecraft, At the Mountains of Madness

The Shoggoths somewhat resemble giant, oily black amoebas, constantly bubbling and growing sense organs which glow with a dim green light. When the Shoggoth appears from the assist trophy, it emerges as a viscous black pool. Quickly, it forms itself into a ball and rolls either left or right, flattening anyone in its path until it rolls off the stage. It also leaves a slippery trail of slime behind it, which lingers briefly before disappearing and has the same effect as a banana peel to those who touch it.

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoggoth

Fawriel

Smash Master
Some pretty good ideas here, I like it. Good job!

EDIT: I just had another idea... that makes five more potential characters from me, maybe. I'll list them here, and see if any are particularly popular, as I doubt I'll have time to do them all.

Dark Link (Legend of Zelda)
Tyson or Max (Beyblades)
Impmon/Beelzemon (Digimon)
Puppetmon (Digimon)
Mikelo Chrors (Original)

Edit again: Nice choice on the background for Keramon's icon Fawriel, I love it.
1. Mikelo Chrors will have to come first. Original characters are always more valuable in my eyes...
Puppetmon and Impmon could be interesting...
Dark Link, though? Isn't he an alt costume for Link? Or do you mean the completely black one from Adventure of Link or Ocarina of Time? I'm not sure if that works with the rules... if you people are going to submit characters like this, I'll have to add Gardevoir, no question about it. =P

2. Do you now? I kinda chose it out of laziness and thought that it would have an interesting effect because it makes it seem like Keramon's standing in front of the default icon, to suggest that he's sort of... outside the system... or something.
I didn't expect anyone else to get it. ^^;

I've added a stage for Cthulhu to call home. Innsmouth Docks. I also noticed I'd forgotten his dash attack, so I added that too. I'm also putting the Shoggoth AT in its own post. I'll try to think of improvements beyond that, but Lovecraft wasn't the most action-oriented guy and it's tough finding true-to-character moves and such. Stay tuned.

I've got a new moveset in the works as well. I don't know if he fits the criteria after Fusion Suit Samus' rejection, but I think he's got almost no chance of being in the actual roster, so I'll just post him and leave it to Fawriel as to whether he's mustard.

Fresh edit: It took me 2 hours, but a dare is a dare and I've added a stage music section for Innsmouth Docks. Tweaked one of his taunts, too.
Wow.
After watching that Metallica video all the way through, I had to clear my mind with a bit of orchestrated 'You're Not Alone' and a combo video with Rocket Summer music...

Okay, you win! Take the exclamation mark, just leave my sanity alone! @_@

By the way, everyone, remember that Brawl is released in Japan soon!
I guess I won't stop the contest the very moment we receive the news of the whole roster... but it'll be shortly after that, so don't take too much time submitting those ideas you have floating around in your head!

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Ah, crap. That leaves 10 days, and I've still got ideas I want to submit... To be honest, I don't know how Mikelo will work well enough to do him and another character, and I know I want to do certain characters. And yeah, although was planning on just saying pure dark link to make him a character, and use my Link ideas, but he's optional. I'll do him after the rush to finish some other characters.

Also, Keramon is finished for now! I'll add more later, but for now I look to the future!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Ah, I should have mentioned this before, but...
When the deadline's reached, you're still allowed to edit your submissions freely. There'll be a period of time, say, two or three weeks or so, where people can polish up their work and vote and comment on the submissions that are available for voting. Votes can still be changed and will only be counted once the voting period is over, so everyone can still "campaign" to their heart's content.

And, I'll either allow simple votes for submissions equivalent in amount to the total number of characters we will have in the end...
Or I might allow everyone to vote for as many characters as they won't by giving them ratings on a three-star-scale, which I guess could be broken down into one star meaning "like it" and three stars meaning "love it"...
And written comments would be appreciated, of course...

...or is that unnecessarily complicated?

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea... what I do know is that it means I can theoretically submit all my ideas, and then finish them all in that couple weeks. At this point though, I want all my greatest 'contest worthy' characters done at very least, and this next character is one that is certainly that... After this I'm not sure who to do, but for now? Well... I'll get to it later.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
http://chaos.foxmage.com/edwardcostumes.jpg
Here you go. Sorry, I took the liberty to find a different image. I think it looks better, and it's not like it's really necessary to show the front and back each time... plus, this one was way easier to work with because of the smooth lines.
k' thanks I put it in.

Also, I must thank you for reminding me of the FMA manga, which takes a completely different turn around the middle and has way less "fluff" than the anime in my eyes...
Well, this is the second reason for the lack of an update. I can barely keep myself from reading all the time. :p
It is truly an amazing manga. Probably the first time one managed to make me cry. And laugh out loud. Repeatedly. Warmly recommended to anyone with taste.
You're welcome. Maybe I should look into the manga myself.

Now, I got a better idea of what Ed is like again. I actually think my idea of having him store a certain "type" of alchemy with a b move, is still viable. After all, the clap creates the "circle", while he himself acts as the formula, if I recall correctly what Izumi Curtis said. The alchemy is activated as soon as he touches something.
Though it's true that really using alchemy on someone isn't viable... the only way I can think of using it directly on an opponent is by copying Scar's destructive ability, which Ed actually does in the manga ( not sure if it's in the anime, too ).
So he could store the attack and thus give his next attack involving his hands ( within a short time limit ) a great destructive power. Or so.
1)I really don't see that working. Since, again FMA alchemy is the concept of taking what's available and using for your purposes, while your idea involved creating earth/water/fire/wind in each if the attacks (that was your idea right?) Though I could see Ed alchemizing different weapons, and using those.

2)Hmmh. Well, in the anime, Ed figures out that he can use alchemy to alter the chemical makeup of his enemy's body, and use that to injure them. I did include something like that as his down b.

Also, a B move manipulating the ground for more than a temporary attack would be interesting and give him great strategic possibilities. Imagine erecting a wall to defend you from projectiles, allow you to camp, raise the height of the ledge for edgeguarding...
hm, I'll consider using that.

Also, fun fact: Ed uses THE KNEE in an early chapter. W00t!
YEAH! the anime too! The fight on the train right?

But we already have a Roy with teh phire!

... am I the only one who noticed that?
Actually, back in the "Dr. Mario Confirmed" thread I "confirmed" Ed Elric. I posted a picture of him that had Roy Mustang in it. Then someone else pointed out that "Roy uses fire. Who else uses fire? oh shi*" He then posted a picture of FE Roy. I wonder if the creater of one of those characters copied the other one?

Fawriel

Smash Master
You're welcome. Maybe I should look into the manga myself.

1)I really don't see that working. Since, again FMA alchemy is the concept of taking what's available and using for your purposes, while your idea involved creating earth/water/fire/wind in each if the attacks (that was your idea right?) Though I could see Ed alchemizing different weapons, and using those.

YEAH! the anime too! The fight on the train right?

Actually, back in the "Dr. Mario Confirmed" thread I "confirmed" Ed Elric. I posted a picture of him that had Roy Mustang in it. Then someone else pointed out that "Roy uses fire. Who else uses fire? oh shi*" He then posted a picture of FE Roy. I wonder if the creater of one of those characters copied the other one?
1. Can't be a mistake. Unless you are squeamish. :p

2. I don't think I suggested using those elements... I think my suggestion was that "loading earth alchemy" would make the next attack be accompanied by spikes from the earth...
Of course, I didn't take into account that he always touches the "object" he's transmuting, so that does, in fact, not make a lot of sense. Oh well.

3. Oh yeah! http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/4/10/
That's forward-aerial material right there! Hell, that's signature material.

4. Eeeh. I guess... the name Roy just sounds... fiery?

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
Mario

Wait, not that Mario, the other Mario.

That's the ticket. Bob Hoskins Mario has stepped into the Brawl arena, and he looks quite sour about it!

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*​

Bob Hoskins Mario

Description

Bob Hoskins Mario, or BH Mario for short, is of course Mario as played by Bob Hoskins in the 1993 film Super Mario Bros. He wears a red and blue jumpsuit, a red cap, and large metal boots, as well as a toolbelt full of various plumbing utensils, in addition to the trademark impressive moustache.

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros._(film)

Notes

"The worst thing I ever did? Super Mario Brothers. It was a nightmare. The whole experience was a nightmare."
- Bob Hoskins

Bob Hoskins did not enjoy playing Mario. In fact, he considered it the low point of his career. So it is little wonder that BH Mario's movements are forced and reluctant, with a touch of anger. He's taller than normal Mario, and a bit heavier, but he does not classify as a heavyweight, simply an overweight middle-of-the-road brawler. He's not particularly fast, and his jumping power isn't terrific, and his moves aren't terribly athletic, since he is Bob Hoskins after all. His moves, however, have a wide range of speed and power, tending slightly more toward the slow and powerful rather than the speedy and light.

A Attacks

A: BH Mario slaps his opponent.

AA: BH Mario reverses the slap and backhands his opponent.

Dash A: BH Mario throws himself full length at his opponent, landing on his stomach with his arms and legs outstretched.

> Tilt A: BH Mario draws a plunger and applies it to his opponent at eye-height.

^ Tilt A: BH Mario holds aloft a piece of fungus, which expands into a trampoline when touched by an opponent.

V Tilt A: BH Mario kneels and, with one hand, drives a spanner into his opponent's unprotected arches.

> Smash A: BH Mario winds up with a Stilson wrench and swings it horizontally with both hands.

^ Smash A: BH Mario points his flamethrower up and sends a gout of flame into the air.

V Smash A: BH Mario kneels to the ground and twists a gasket off an unseen pipe, sending a spray of water skyward.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral A: BH Mario flings his arms and legs forward and backward, assuming the belly flop position.

> Tilt A: BH Mario brings his Stilson wrench over his head to brain his adversaries.

< Tilt A: BH Mario twists himself in a 360 degree circle, throwing a punch when he's facing backwards.

^ Tilt A: BH Mario wildly flails upwards with both hands.

V Tilt A: BH Mario straightens his body out, with his hands at his sides and his feet pointed down, and squeezes his eyes shut.

B Attacks

Neutral B: 1Up Mushroom

BH Mario tentatively holds a tiny yellow mushroom out in front of himself. If it gets hit by an incoming projectile, it absorbs the attack, and grows to enormous size. The bigger the attack, the bigger the fungus gets, and once it's served its purpose, BH Mario can throw it as an item.

Side B: Fireball Thrower

BH Mario whips out his trusty flamethrower and squeezes a shot off. The fireball can be charged by holding the button, but the charge won't hold if the attack is interrupted, and he shouldn't hold it for too long, or it just might explode in his face.

^ B: Thwomp Stomper

BH Mario clicks the heels of his oversized boots together and they launch him skyward in an arc. If he hits someone in midair, they both get knocked away from each other, but BH Mario can just use the Stompers again in that event.

V B: Bob-omb

What's this? BH Mario is winding something up in his hands. He kneels and carefully places it on the ground. It's a BOB-OMB! But not just any bob-omb. It's half the size of a normal bob-omb, moves half as fast, and possesses twice as much destructive power. It will also walk up or down walls and edges it encounters, much like Pikachu's Thunder Jolt, instead of merely turning around. If BH Mario performs this move in the air, he'll simply drop the bob-omb straight down, but it won't explode from just falling. It will just right itself and walk along as normal.

Grabs and Throws

Grab: BH Mario embraces his opponent in a bear hug.

Running Grab:
BH Mario tackles his opponent and seizes them in a bear hug.

Grab Attack: BH Mario steps on his opponent's foot with his enormous metal boot.

> Throw: BH Mario attempts to dance with his opponent, but instead trips and hurls them.

< Throw: BH Mario turns and pushes his opponent away with both hands.

^ Throw: BH Mario uses his Thwomp Stomper boots and blasts off, then slams his opponent into the ground when he comes back down.

V Throw: BH Mario trips and falls on top of his opponent.

Final Smash

De-Evolution Gun

BH Mario's nemesis, Dennis Hopper Bowser, descends to the stage in a giant metal bucket and disembarks. Swiftly, BH Mario pulls out a de-evolution gun (which looks suspiciously like a Super Scope) and lets the Ruffled One have it, and DH Bowser transforms into an enormous, lumpy, vaguely animatronic dinosaur! A dinosaur which charges about the stage putting everyone in his path into a world of pain. After ten seconds, King Koopa continues sliding down his family tree, and he explodes into a slick of green goo which causes anyone who steps on it to slip.

This is one of the few Final Smashes which can seriously maim the one who performs it, as BH Mario is also a target of DH Bowser's rampage. However, any of BH Mario's B attacks is enough to turn the beast on its heel, which is not something any other character can do.

Entrance

BH Mario drops from the sky, clinging to a mattress.

Taunts

Up Taunt: BH Mario faces the camera like a rabbit caught in the headlights and throws both arms up in surrender.

Side Taunt: BH Mario puts his hands to his mouth and shouts "Come on, Ruffle-Head!"

Down Taunt: BH Mario adjusts his tool belt.

Victory Poses

Victory Pose 1: BH Mario poses with John Leguizamo Luigi as they high five each other, wave their fingers and say "Wakka wakka wakka."

Victory Pose 2: BH Mario attempts to disco dance.

Victory Pose 3: BH Mario swings his Stilson wrench a few times, then raises it in the air in triumph.

Kirby Hat

Kirby wears BH Mario's rumpled, non-monogrammed red cap.

Alternate Colors

Default Color: Red jumpsuit with blue sleeves and pockets.

Color Change 1: Yellow jumpsuit with purple sleeves and pockets. (Team Yellow color)

Color Change 2: Red jumpsuit with white sleeves and pockets. (Team Red color)

Color Change 3: Blue jumpsuit with red sleeves and pockets. (Team Blue color)

Color Change 4: Green jumpsuit with blue sleeves and pockets. (Team Green color)

Color Change 5: Black jumpsuit with red sleeves and pockets.

Alternate Costume

Yellow Leisure Suit Bob Hoskins Mario

I don’t believe anything more needs to be said.

Crowd Chant

When BH Mario begins to win, the crowd cheers "’EY, MARIO!" in heavy Brooklyn accents.

Stage

Dinohattan

This is what passes for the Mushroom Kingdom for BH Mario. A grimy, neon-studded and fungus-choked city, where evolved dinosaurs who (mostly) look like humans go about their odd business and consume fried anole sandwiches with every indication of enjoyment.

The stage consists of two walkways on either side and a high platform suspended over a roadway with a never-ending stream of traffic. A traffic light in the background indicates when the cars will stop, and it becomes safe to move and fight in the stage’s lower areas. However, when that light turns green, the road will instantly become a deathtrap. Walls loom over both the left and right edges of the arena, but they contain huge plate glass windows which offer no resistance to attacks or brawlers flying headlong into them.

Stage Music

I apologize in advance for these.

I’ve Got the Power – Snap

Walk the Dinosaur – Was (Not Was)

Almost Unreal – Roxette

Overworld Theme from Super Mario Bros

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
Assist Trophy

John Leguizamo Luigi

The assist trophy opens, and out steps Luigi! No, the other Luigi, the John Leguizamo Luigi. He looks like BH Mario, except he's wearing green and he's John Leguizamo. He gets behind the first person to come near him and induces them to taunt twice in a row by holding their waist and rocking side to side. Then he vanishes into a cloud of particles.

RWB

Smash Ace
Two Ideas, I have. Akira Kogame (from Lucky Star, she rocks (just watched this series... roflcopter.)) and Jack Skellington, they are.

Top Bottom