• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move! Super Smash Boards Brawl - And the winners are...

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Wah! I'm here!

I just skimmed over the post since I'm short on time. Sorry about that. You obviously put a lot of effort into the description. ...or maybe you just copy-pasted it from somewhere, but I'll assume it was written by you. Descriptions are awesome. Fact.
The moves could have more effort put into them, though. He kinda acts like a swordsman with a few tricks in your moveset, but you have almost a shapeshifter to work with here. On the other hand, it's not good to be unnecessarily fancy, either. I guess it's a choice of style. But either way, describing moves in more detail to give a better idea of the character's style can't hurt.

Also, about the new system, I think I'll do it like this.
I'll sort the characters by original characters and pre-existing characters, then further divide them into categories. These categories will all have their own images including all the characters' avatars, and below the images, I'll add links to the post they are in.
Plus, I think I'll add very simply ratings, star ratings with a scale from, say, 1 to 5 or even 1 to 3. That seems like a fair solution for the thread.
For the final result, some voting will have to be done.
1) I wrote the description myself. I basically summarized the major events that describe who he is. The moveset could have been better made, I know. The biggest problem is that alchemy can do nearly anything, but it can't punch a guy for you (or at least not within the confines of a smash battle), so a smash moveset that stays true to the nature of how alchemy is used in the TV series but is still effective and plausible in smash is hard to come up with. If anyone who waches/watched the show wants to create a moveset that would work better, be my guest. I don't want a great character with good potential to get a low rating because of my lack of imagination.

2) I think we should give a rating from 0 to 100 on each of character and moveset. like what you were doing allready, only we vote, and then you grab a calculator and average it out. Then it just gets placed in with the others, but maybe mark them so we can tell the difference between Fawriel rated characters and Forum rated characters.

Fawriel

Smash Master
1) I wrote the description myself. I basically summarized the major events that describe who he is. The moveset could have been better made, I know. The biggest problem is that alchemy can do nearly anything, but it can't punch a guy for you (or at least not within the confines of a smash battle), so a smash moveset that stays true to the nature of how alchemy is used in the TV series but is still effective and plausible in smash is hard to come up with. If anyone who waches/watched the show wants to create a moveset that would work better, be my guest. I don't want a great character with good potential to get a low rating because of my lack of imagination.

2) I think we should give a rating from 0 to 100 on each of character and moveset. like what you were doing allready, only we vote, and then you grab a calculator and average it out. Then it just gets placed in with the others, but maybe mark them so we can tell the difference between Fawriel rated characters and Forum rated characters.
1) An idea for the moveset: You could give him B moves that cause him to prepare a certain kind of magic circle, which can then affect a certain A move, or the neutral B move or so... say, you press down-b for an earth circle, then the next smash attack you use will be a weak punch or kick accompanied by huge earth spikes! That's not how alchemy works, I suppose, but.. still. :p

2) That would be a good system if I had used it from the start. We have, what, around 70 submissions by now? Nobody will want to give a rating to all of those. ^^;
I think a kind of 3 star rating would be good to let visitors know what's worth checking out without having to "vote off the island" those which might be considered a little worse.
Giving such a vague rating is a lot easier to do "accurately", and leaving out the character rating makes it much less subjective. Depending on how many we end up with, it might be enough to just have those that reach 3 stars up for voting, and then we can use that 100 point system with averages and everything.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
1) An idea for the moveset: You could give him B moves that cause him to prepare a certain kind of magic circle, which can then affect a certain A move, or the neutral B move or so... say, you press down-b for an earth circle, then the next smash attack you use will be a weak punch or kick accompanied by huge earth spikes! That's not how alchemy works, I suppose, but.. still. :p

2) That would be a good system if I had used it from the start. We have, what, around 70 submissions by now? Nobody will want to give a rating to all of those. ^^;
I think a kind of 3 star rating would be good to let visitors know what's worth checking out without having to "vote off the island" those which might be considered a little worse.
Giving such a vague rating is a lot easier to do "accurately", and leaving out the character rating makes it much less subjective. Depending on how many we end up with, it might be enough to just have those that reach 3 stars up for voting, and then we can use that 100 point system with averages and everything.
1) The thing is, Ed can do any kind of Alchemy without a circle by clapping his hands and making a "circle" with his arms, so preparing a circle would be kinda pointless. Also your model suggests using the four basic elements of earth wind fire and water. Alchemy follows the idea of rebuilding something using the existing protons neutrons and electrons / atoms / molecules. Besides, I did some thinking, and I realized that the moveset I created is for the most part how he fights anyway. He fights with the sword, and uses the things in his environment to his advantage by moving them with alchemy, because that's basically what alchemy does. It lets you have complete controll over your environment. In smash there isn't much "environment" to use, so I made up some other plausible stuff. There's a couple good examples in Episode 5. He uses the water that's already there to flood the train, and the metal of the train car to build a cannon (also converting some of the matter into gunpowder).

2)No, what I meant is that we rate the new stuff, and it just gets placed into the pre-existing list. With your star rating system, we won't be able to precisely controll the order of quality, but rather create a simpler tier system, where characters get placed either in the low, medium or high tier. If that's what you wanted then do that, bbut I still think a 0-100 system would work better. And yes the character ratings are rather subjective. They are subjective even when you do it, and so are the movesets, though a bit less subjective. I suppose we could vote on the moveset and add it to your character rating. But whatever man, it's your thread.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Alright now. I'm back home, so I will start going through the thread once more to collect information about all characters submitted.

I will do two things during that process:
1) Give a simple star rating. 1 star for a submission that still needs a lot of work to be good, 2 for one that's decent but nothing special, 3 for ones that are overall worth checking out. 0 for one that's just B moves. Really **** exceptional ones will get a special mark, too.
Ratings here will only be used as a rough estimate of quality, to let people know at first glance which ones are worth checking out and which aren't.
Since I'm not qualified to determine by myself who's good enough to get in and who isn't, once we know the full extent of the Brawl roster, any character who gets 3 stars will be added to a list of qualified submissions that can be voted on.
Those votes will determine which characters get to go in the final product and which don't.

2) I will take notes on the characters so I can categorize them. Since there's not enough space for avatars of every single character, I'll make ones for all characters and group them up to use fewer images. I'll also try to keep these groups intact for the voting to encourage a more colorful roster, but I won't force it on anyone. Not that I know how I'll do that, but that comes when it comes.
These images will contain lines made up of an avatar, the name, the creator and their rating. Below those images, I'll post direct links for easier access. I'd do it differently, but I wouldn't know how.

When I'm done, I'll go create those images and finally update the thread. You may expect it to be done tomorrow... but I... can't guarantee for anything. I got a job now, which I'm not used to yet, so I might be too exhausted to be of much use tomorrow. We'll see how it goes!
Oh, and I'll also contact whoever I find whose character is awesome but whose moveset could use some more work. I'm looking at you, tirkaro.

To work!

Desruprot

Smash Lord
How about Kenshin Himera? although that might be a bit overpowered, he can go faster then the AT whats her name...Maybe Ichigo Kurasaki from Bleach... These are moveset Ideas
Do Not Rate...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Whew. Okay. I went through everything.

We have... 85 submissions.
The majority of those will be up for voting, so don't worry about too little choice.

Now, there's one problem. Besides that I still don't know whether to count Chiyo&Osaka as one character.
Which Socrates do I take? D=
...both?

Oh, and before I forget it... I'll have to apologize to Sabrewulf. I kinda messed up the picture of Elza's princess form and haven't dared to touch it since. I might try to save it, or I'll have to try from scratch if she makes it into the final thing, which I.. hope.

[Edin Notn]
Awesome. I mean, awesome. You make it kind of impossible not to have your character in the final thing simply by establishing so much SSE context.
The concept of the weapon and everything is quite sexy as well. I was thinking about giving this moveset an elusive "EXCEPTIONAL" sign, but then it, like, suddenly ended. :p

Those signs are hard to get, to be sure. I think I didn't distribute even 10.

Oh hoh, a weapons master. Intriguing.
If you have no way of creating a decent image, just do it like Sabrewulf and give me a good description along with a quick MSPaint doodle. That should do.

[The Cyberjunkie]
Sweet stuff! Too bad that the comic isn't up anymore, it might have been pretty nifty. The moveset is definitely quite good.

....whoa.
You've been writing fanfics, have you? That backstory is even larger than Aves', at least from what we get to see. Impressive.
Now where's this moveset! *jumps up and down*

How about Kenshin Himera? although that might be a bit overpowered, he can go faster then the AT whats her name...Maybe Ichigo Kurasaki from Bleach...
Who?

MysticKenji

Smash Master

Fawriel

Smash Master
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4917/kenjidoodlekp5.png
Pale skin
Wears a brown, tattered cloak
The Metalshift is kept in a small pouch on Kenji's right hip
Silver eyes
He's right handed

Anything else?
Hmmm, so basically he looks like a less glorious Sephiroth or something like that? Or does he look more manly, older, more muscular? In short, what sort of build does he have? And what is his attitude like, so I can reflect it well in his pose... he seems a little arrogant.
In fact, while I'm at it, would you characterize him as cool, badass, or dark?

Because I'm kinda done categorizing all characters.

There are four main categories with subcategories that every character is a part of. I tried dividing them by how they feel, avoiding such things as "anime character", because that would be... tacky.

Snazzy
  • cool
  • badass
  • dark
Pretty
  • Fantasy
  • Cute
Culture
  • History
  • Literature
  • Music
Entertainment
  • Funny
  • WTF

Some characters fit into several categories, so I tried to find out what's best for them... hopefully with success.

D

Deleted member

Hmmm,

since you mentioned 'digivolve', I will make an Alphamon one for the hell of it. It'll gimme somethin' to do.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Hmmm, so basically he looks like a less glorious Sephiroth or something like that? Or does he look more manly, older, more muscular? In short, what sort of build does he have? And what is his attitude like, so I can reflect it well in his pose... he seems a little arrogant.
In fact, while I'm at it, would you characterize him as cool, badass, or dark?
Sure?
He's slightly more muscular and has a calm personality, though he's more of a vibrant person during a battle.

Out of those three I'd say cool.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
ichigo shikai
fs- hollow mask for 42 seconds
neutral b- chargeable getsuga, same charge time as samus, but must be released when finished
up b- spins zangetsu above his head, will allow him vertical and horizontal distance when in the air
side b- flash step, similar to foxes side b
down b- series of rapid slashes

ikkaku(bankai)
fs- red dragon on blade is released and massive ownage is dealt
(more later?)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmmm,

since you mentioned 'digivolve', I will make an Alphamon one for the hell of it. It'll gimme somethin' to do.
Whew..... alright then.
How about a cuter Digimon next? The cute category is understaffed!

ichigo shikai
fs- hollow mask for 42 seconds
neutral b- chargeable getsuga, same charge time as samus, but must be released when finished
up b- spins zangetsu above his head, will allow him vertical and horizontal distance when in the air
side b- flash step, similar to foxes side b
down b- series of rapid slashes

ikkaku(bankai)
fs- red dragon on blade is released and massive ownage is dealt
(more later?)
More later indeed. You'll have to put some more effort into it.

Fullmetal Alchemist

I added more detail to the moveset, and made a few minor changes.
Great! Seems much more complete now.

Alright, I guess I won't get finished today anymore, but I have all the preparations done and ready.

Here's the sneak peak for the final version of the thread.

( Note that the font and the color of the border and such will change for each category. )

This is it.

The little green OC denotes Original Characters.

The star rating explains itself. Most characters have three stars for being complete and good. Some will have 2 stars for having potential but still missing some bits in order to be complete enough. 1 star ratings are for quite incomplete movesets. 0 stars are for those who didn't even try.

The exclamation mark denotes "exceptional" movesets that stand out for one reason or another. These are rare and hard to get. You get them for outstanding accomplishments in at least one department, for amazing style, very original ideas, et cetera. In this case, Hiro barely got one for the idea of 3 movesets based on styles using so many different weapons, and the skill with which omega_ridley_x pulled it off. Scrooge gets one for how RWB managed to base just about all moves on the comics and even including the images, Nietzsche and Beethoven for exceptional style, et cetera.
These are basically the only trophies in this thread now. Since most submissions got 3 stars, these will be something to draw attention to those who put exceptional effort into their work. Of course, as always, if you disagree with some of my choices, go ahead and argue with me. I never claimed to be capable of keeping track of over 80 pieces of creativity! :p

Of course, the REAL trophy is being included in the final roster! The exclamation marks have no bearing on who gets in and who doesn't, besides the effect of additional attention.

Either way, I'm putting this much work into all this because I'd like for the thread to continue even when it's done.
There are no limits anymore. It's much easier to update like this, it's prettier and no one has to fear being kicked out. Even when the deadline's over and when the roster was made, being creative here should still be lots of fun!
I hate to say it, but we really thought of everything.

And since I'm already here, I'll copy the notes I made in a text file so everyone gets to see their character's ratings and categories.
I won't bother to reformat them for the forum, though. =P
Since 3 stars is the default, I only denoted those with different ratings with **, * or 0s. Lots of exclamation marks obviously show that a character gets an... exclamation mark.

Ready go.

--SNAZZY--

-COOL-
Ben Ten by paralasalud
Dean by Ovan XIII
Edin Notn by Samuslord
Edward Elric by killbeast301
Eye-Scream by PolarisJunkie
Great Clay Monkey by Great Clay Monkey
Hiro by omega_ridley_x !!!!!!!!!
Joker by The Nerd
Kenji by MysticKenji
Naruto by Great Clay Monkey
Roy by MetaLord
Somasu by Somasu
Spyro by Great Clay Monkey **
Taga by Eaode
Winn by Tha Government **

-BADASS-
Bill Brasky by El_Duderino
Chatu Ranga by RWB
Comrade Canada by Comrade Canada
King Leonidas by MysticKenji
Sam Fisher by BananaNut **
Scrooge McDuck by RWB !!!!!!!!!!
Willis Brooke by tirkaro
Yoda by The Nerd
Zoro by MetaLord

-DARK-
Kurai Oscuro by Darkurai
Light by MetaLord
Malandros Nyclo by Darkfur !!!!!!!
Phantom of the Opera by Darkfur
Sasuke by MysticKenji

--PRETTY--

-CUTE-
Birdo by Tanea **
Furret by Fawriel
Haruhi by Drascin
Pippi by RWB
Whismur by J_Puff **
Yuki by tirkaro

-FANTASY-
Arceus by Flying Dutchman
Aves by Copperpot !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cena by cena_wolf !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elza by Sabrewulf238
Fawriel by Fawriel !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flygon by MysticKenji
Howl by paralasalud
Sailor Moon by Megadio 26
Sailor Mercury "
Sailor Venus "
Tales Team by RWB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--CULTURE--

-HISTORY-
Genghis Khan by Insurance Salesman
Lenin by Titan05 *
Nietzsche by MetaLord !!!!!!!!!!
Socrates by TheOfficialSonicFanboy
Socrates by MetaLord

-LITERATURE-
Don Quixote by MetaLord !!!!!!!!!!
Mary Poppins by Darkfur **
Odysseus by The Nerd
Ronia by RWB

-MUSIC-
Anthony Kiedis by Flying Dutchman !!!!!!!!!!
Beethoven by MetaLord !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eddie by Z.Hoot *
Eminem by quatripain 0
Kelsi by cena_wolf
Tori by PrettyGoodYear

--ENTERTAINMENT--

-FUNNY-
AVGN by The Nerd !!!!!!!!!!!!
Chiyo+Osaka by Megadio26 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Captain Crunch by SubparSmashBrother **
Cyberjunkie by El_Duderino
Dwight Schrute by nobletoast **
Flying Dutchman by Flying Dutchman !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gir by Dragonblood21 **
Homestar Runner by Great Clay Monkey
Peter Griffin by UberBob 0
Strong Bad by Patchi
Tommy Pickles by Sabrewulf238 *
Warner Brothers by ArchimedesVI !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woody Woodpecker by Chilindro **

-WTF-
Al Gore by frankisvital
Christer Lindarw by RWB
Dave Chapelle by adaptor17 0
King Ganonidas Boss by Crom ***
Loop aka Greg **************************
Nog by omega_ridley_x ?!
Phaaze by Darkurai O_O
Salesman by Insurance Salesman ***
Steve Ballmer by Krell
Waldo by **

It was hard to categorize some of these, so suggestions are welcome.

Fawriel

Smash Master
nice job fawriel pretty good sorting. I think spyro should go under fantasy since I was talking about the first 3 spyro games which were more wimsical than trying to be cool
Hmmm, I was undecided at first concerning Spyro, since he is a dragon after all... but the way I see it, his setting is fantastic, but the character himself simply acts cool, cocky and stuff. I'll think about it.
What I was even more undecided about was his rating... his set is complete, after all... it just seemed kind lacking in detail and creativity to me... *scratches head*

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Sweet! Can't wait to see the completed new version.

Also, I just saw that MetaLord had done Lt. Col. Roy Mustang. And I have 1 question. How did Mustang get submitted before Elric? They're both awesome, but I would think that one would submit the main character before a side character. Maybe I just didn't act fast enough.

PS. Will there still be a section for ATs? If so I may submit Alfonse later.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Sweet! Can't wait to see the completed new version.

Also, I just saw that MetaLord had done Lt. Col. Roy Mustang. And I have 1 question. How did Mustang get submitted before Elric? They're both awesome, but I would think that one would submit the main character before a side character. Maybe I just didn't act fast enough.

PS. Will there still be a section for ATs? If so I may submit Alfonse later.
1) Good to hear. ^^
2) Ask MetaLord. I guess he simply likes Roy better? He also submitted Roronoa Zoro... I guess he's not a main character guy.
3) And of course there'll still be an AT section. Same as it is right now, in fact. =P

killbeast301

Smash Lord
1) Good to hear. ^^
2) Ask MetaLord. I guess he simply likes Roy better? He also submitted Roronoa Zoro... I guess he's not a main character guy.
3) And of course there'll still be an AT section. Same as it is right now, in fact. =P
1) you're welcome.
2) (uh, what would fit here?) To each his own?
3) Nice, I figured that would be the case. Just thought I would check anyway. I'll make a nice post later. (unless someone else makes one before me, I really don't care, just think that with Flame and Fullmetal up there that Al should be somewhere.)

courte

Smash Lord
Well Most of my favorites were already out up, including nazi superman goku, which lead to a request for the reality f@cking Broly so...

Astro Boy
He's appeared on the GBA, his game was developed but SEGA/Treasure, and i want a 3d answer to his hair... Is it just two retardedly placed spikes, or is it two in the back one in the front... WTF!!
NOW A FRIGGIN MOVESET!!

A Left Hook
A,A Right Swing
A,A,A Left Right Left Uppercut
A,A,A,A Left Right Left Toe Kick
F-Tilt Jet Side Punt Kick
D-Tilt Jet Discharge Hits on both sides
U-Tilt Uppercut High
F-Smash - Smash Kick Astro Does a spinning kick, hovering slightly above the cround.
D-Smash - Jet Sweep Only hits in front
U-Smash - Stick his arm straight up, retracting his hand and emitting a giant ball of blue light. Does MASSIVE damage, yet has reverse knockback. Slightly paralyzes enemy and does NO knockback.

Can Glide as well. Can you say overkill??

N-Air Machine Gun...If you haven't seen it, I won't ruin it for you. Immediate area only.
U-Air Laser Spray Astro Boy Wave his arm and small blue balls of light come out. Similar to Samus. Less area but more power.
D-Air Jet Spike
F-Air Laser Field Astro Boy, with his big creepy smile claps his hands, pulls them back and a Magic sprite animation appears in front of him. It's knock the opponent behind them.
B-Air Meteor Elbow Leans back and elbows opponent.

B - Charge or Counter Astro Boy charges any incoming energy projectiles are turned into one charge, he can use up to three. When he starts the attack, anyone in the immediate area is hurt, High Knockback, low damage. Hold down to continue to charge.
Up-B - Dash Astro Boy Dashes in the direction you choose. Similar to Quick Attack, only slower, no invisibility, can chain up to 3 max, and is completely vulnerable. Slower Speed means easier to control.
really that's the only one i can nominate, as he's the first and the original, as well as there's too much manga for me to even read.
Smash-B - Finger Laser. Astro Boy sends out a single short laser ray. This will always hit for 5 attacks and cause the enemy to fall down if on ground and immediately tumble if in air. Hold down to use a charge, which increases the size of the blast and changes the color. VERY Low rapid fire rate start. Will stall your fall slightly if used in air. Using all 3 charges = fully powered Arm Cannon
Down-B - ...

Grab - The Enemy is held in place by electricity as AstroBoy Simple holds out an open Glowing Blue Palm, Infused with kinetic energy
A - Laser Hand Astro Quickly pimpslaps the enemy twice with a glowing blue hand.
Up - Blue Fist Repulse Give the enemy a blue handed uppercut, then shoots them straight up on an arm cannon ray.
Down - Stabs the enemy with an open hand, and releases multiple hits. They collapse to the floor.
Forward - Punches the enemy in the stomach, then points at them with his left and right hand as they fly away, slightly upward, orbs of blue laser light attack on after another.
Back - Astro Boy turns the enemy to his back, and tackles him to the ground, stabbing him once more then exploding. This is the only attack that does any damage. As they fall back, if near the edge they will fall to their death. Suicide move.

completely unrelated but i think Spyro and Crash could really go at it!! Sora LTD. For everything for life!!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Astro Boy... sweet. Well done, too, at least from what I can tell. I never really got to know Astro Boy.
I guess I'll put him in the cool category, although I was tempted to put him in the Cute one. :p

*goes back to work now*

Kips

Smash Ace
This thread is to support the one and only character... VIKI!

Now I know you may be wondering- Who the heck is Viki? Well I'm here to answer that!
Table of Contents-
I. History
II. Abilities
A. Magic
B. The Blinking Rune
C. Information
III. Moveset
A. A Attacks
B. B Attacks
C. Final Smash/Miscellaneous
IV. Why she deserves a 3rd Party Slot.
V. Conclusion

I.History
Viki is a ditzy and adorable girl with a penchant for magic, specifically teleportation magic. She appears in all five Suikoden games to aid the main character with her magical prowess. As a permanent bearer of the Blinking Rune she is able to teleport herself, others, objects, animals, presidential candidates, anything you name to anywhere. Her past is mostly a mystery beyond the games themselves, consisting of a homeland in an unknown dimension where time and space bend and distort. During the game series she warped through time and space to each new game at the victory banquet of the previous one. For example, she warped 3 years from Suikoden to the middle of a forest for Suikoden II. Often she does this unintentionally due to sneezing, causing her to complain about missing her meals. While characterized by childlike naivete, obliviousness, shyness and the occasional backfired spell, her magical ability is not to be underestimated.

II.Abilities

A. Magic
As one of the most powerful magicians in the series, her ability ranges from mass teleportation to dropping vast amounts of objects upon her foes to chaining consecutive spells together- A feat no other magician in the series can accomplish. Viki has a natural affinity for magic, making her a powerful opponent. However, as expected, her physical abilities are lacking.
B. The Blinking Rune
Viki's signature Rune. The Blinking Rune is a near one of a kind with only one person able to marshal its power with significant prowess. In the game it can be used to instantly teleport one opponent from the battlefield, to drop large amounts of objects on enemies or to teleport entire parties away from combat. Such is its power that it can distort time and space, taking her hundreds of years into the past and future. While Viki can often backfire, her abilities with this are not to be taken lightly.
C. Information
Weight: **- Viki is light and floaty due to her being a 16 year old girl. What, did you expect a heavyweight Mike Tyson type?

Attack Power: **/****- Two stars for physical to match her atrocious physical combat abilities. When it comes to magic, four stars for her natural affinity for it.

Jump: ***- Viki can jump pretty well, having a strange Ness-esque floaty jump that can let her DJC.

Speed: ***- When it comes to running, while clumsy, Viki is no slouch. She can easily outpace the likes of Bowser and then send him packing with a burst of magical power.

Size- **1/2- Viki is the size of what you'd expect a 16 year old girl to be.

III. Moveset (This is going to get a bit strange)
A. A Attacks
A- A light bonk on the head with her staff. Unnoticeable knockback. 3%

AA- Her first light bonk turns into a second heavier bonk. No aerial knockback- Sends them sliding along the ground backwards slightly. 4%

Dash A- Viki's signature clumsiness comes into play as she rushes at her foe and trips, hitting them with her flailing staff as she falls and picks herself up. Knocks opponents down as well. 8%

Up Tilt- Viki waves her staff above her head and a swath of lightning follows it. Shocks an opponent in place for a second and then throws them up above you. 10%

Side Tilt- Viki swipes her staff in front of her and a frosty wind blows up directly in front of her. Deals decent knockback and damage while freezing opponents at higher percentages. 12%, 5% if only staff hits.

Down Tilt- Viki plants her staff in the ground and a stone spike pops up at a 45 degree angle upwards, launching opponents into the air. Can shield stab if their feet aren't covered. 10%

Up Smash- Viki spins her staff overhead quickly and air blasts upwards a short distance, creating a wave of damage. Getting hit directly will send one straight up while getting a glancing hit will knock you sideways. Charging can result in a large wave. 14-16% if hit directly, 8-12% if hit from side.

Side Smash- Viki sneezes and a burst of magical energy explodes in front of her! Quick and powerful with good knockback but low range. Charging results in a larger burst. 15% and high horizontal knockback.

Down Smash- Viki points her staff head at the ground and veritable pillars of fire explode on either side of her. Good knockback and vertical range but leaves her vulnerable to projectiles. 8-14%.

Neutral Air- Viki spins while holding her staff horizontally. Decent knockback, damage and range but low killing power. 12%

Foward Air- Viki swings her staff foward quickly and if it contacts with a foe then a burst of magical energy ignites! Good damage and is a meteor smash if place correctly near the bottom of her swing. 15%

Back Air- Viki sneezes and is propelled slightly backward where she slams into an opponent with her... rump. Good damage and knockback but bad killing power. 12%

Up Air- Viki suddenly sneezes and quickly teleports with about the speed of activating the Shine upwards, accidently headbutting an opponent. Good knockback and decent damage. 10-11%

Down Air- Viki stabs downwards with the head of her staff and a small burst of teleporting energy appears, hitting an opponent and teleporting them slightly downwards. Low knockback and decent damage but can cripple recoveries. 8%, +4% if they hit the ground.

B. B Attacks
The crux of Viki's abilities is her teleportation- All of her B attacks are based off of it.

Neutral B(Go!)- Viki points her staff and fires an orb out. Contact with the orb results in suddenly reappearing a foot off the ground and then slamming into it painfully. When hitting someone in the air it instead teleports them into another dimension and back, harming them with the powerful uncontrolled magical energy involved in such an act. They simply reappear where they originally were but are stunned. Projectiles speed is increased with charging but is initially slow. Only one may be out at a time to prevent spacing in which a person would simply be slamming into the ground repeatedly. Charging will also increase the amount of times someone is slammed into the ground or sent whirling through dimensions with a max of three. Charge cannot be stored.
2%- Initial contact with the orb.
5%- Slamming into the ground.
3%- Magical Radiation (Air Damage)

Side B- Viki spins and quickly points her staff outwards. Any objects or projectiles that are touching Viki are sent back at 1.5x the speed and have their original damage. Contact with Viki results in being teleported in a random direction in a helpless state.
5%-9%- Touching Viki while she spins.
X%- Projectiles reflected.

Up B (Ready!)- Viki sneezes and magical energy coalesces around her for a second, pushing back and slightly damaging anyone who tries to hit her from any direction. Point at a direction while this is going on and she'll teleport in that direction instantly for a long distance. A classic for Viki!
2%- Coming close to her and getting hit by the aura.

Down B(Set!)- Viki sneezes and junk rains from the sky quickly in the surrounding area around her. Charging this up results in a wider range and more junk. Damage is variable depending on what hits you. Little knockback but can hit many, many times.
6%- Chair falling from the sky.
3%- Chair leg falling from the sky.
10%- Table! Look out below!
15%- Piano! Slow, so get out of the way while you can!
5%-10%- Urn! Watch out, it could hold explosives that have big knockback!

C. Final Smash/Miscellaneous
Final Smash- Ready, Set, Go!
The Blinking Rune on her forehead shines brightly and time freezes temporarily. Wind swirls around her as she gathers her energy. Suddenly her opponents are teleported off screen! When they reappear they have taken 20-30% from god knows where Viki teleported them and are in a shield broken state for an unreducable 3 seconds! Finish them off!

Miscellaneous-
Shield- Viki holds her staff close and her shield appears. Her shield is actually quite good, covering her entire body. Just don't rely on it too much!

Roll- Due to Viki's... natural balance issues, it's more of a quick tumble. However it works very well for what it does and you have a good amount of invincibility frames while doing this, just like any other character.

Spot Dodge- Viki has a unique spot dodge in that instead of invincibility frames she sneezes and teleports and then reappears where she was originally standing. Allows large moves to pass right through where she was standing!

Air Dodge- Viki teleports herself a short distance to the side with invincibility frames covering that small journey. Good airdodge with good distance. Very fluid.

Taunts-
1- Viki falls asleep standing up (A certain talent of hers in the series) and mumbles her trademark phrase "Waffu... Reffu...". This all happens very quickly but should only be used when the opponent has been knocked out. Otherwise you'll taste a heavy attack from them.
2- Viki looks straight at the camera and says "Oopsies!".
3- A butterfly appears in front of her and she reaches for it then trips.

Entrance: Viki teleports onto the screen, looks around confused and then sighs as if to say- "Here we go again...".

Victory Poses-
1- Same as her first taunt. She's asleep, says "Waffu...Reffu..." then opens her eyes slowly and shakes her head.
2- Leaning on her staff she looks around confused and says: "Oh, I won?".
3- A portal appears and she falls out of it flat on her face. She looks up sheepishly and says "Oops!".
4- Viki disappears after sneezing as the announcer says: "Winner...!...Viki?"
Credit to Darkfur for the 4th Victory Pose.

Analysis-
Viki is a powerful character but not overwhelming. She has speed, range and power with several disjointed hitboxes and swift, punishing attacks. This is further added to by her usage of a unique projectile, a strong recovery and her ability to DJC due to her Ness-like jumps. Her weaknesses are her floaty weight, allowing for stronger characters to K.O her if she is not played with perfect precision. However this can be partially offsetted by her strong spot and air dodge, good roll and proper shielding.

Stage- Magical World
Viki's homeland, the Magical World is an odd place. While there is one solid platform of magical energy, platforms appear and disappear at random above it. Formations of it could shift from Final Destination to Battlefield to Jungle Japes (Platform-wise). Occasionally a small portal will open on the ground- Stepping on it will result in being teleported upwards with you still having your second jump and abilities.

Assist Troph- Little Viki
That's right, it's Little Viki from Suikoden 3! Little Viki teleports in calmly, quite contrary to her older self and waves her hand, creating a bubble where anyone who is caught finds themselves suddenly slamming into the ground up to five times, dealing 5% damage each time.

Alternate Costumes-
Suikoden 5- Her default costume is the one from Suikoden Five.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3f/Viki05.jpg/200px-Viki05.jpg
Suikoden 4- Her second costume is from the Fourth game.
http://27runesgallery.iespana.es/4images/data/media/22/viki09.jpg
Suikoden 3- Her third costume is from the third game.
http://lucchan.deviantart.com/art/Suiko-For-Vikifanatic-73437589
Suikoden 2- http://lost-fragment.org/viki/images/scol04.jpg

IV- Why she deserves a Brawl position.
In truth there may be nothing running for Viki. She's just one of those wacky, weird characters that you'd love to see in Brawl. Against her is that she is owned by Konami in one of their best series, that she is obscure and unknown by the majority of others and that she simply isn't the best choice ever. Running for her is that she has appeared in every single Suikoden game to date, is a fun and innovating character, is simply cute and appealing and that she can put a serious hurting on someone.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Oh yeah! That was great! And the character is awesome, too... finally another well-deserving victim for the Cute category! :p
I'd say she's sure to get a vote from me in the end.

There's just one problem........
...the links at the end are messed up. What's up with that?
Also, you forgot the category "IV. Why she deserves a 3rd Party Slot"!

Fawriel

Smash Master
They are? That would be REALLY weird, because their middle part seems to be cut off and replaced by ellipses...
Though I guess I managed to find a decent picture for an avatar on my own.

Kips

Smash Ace
Someone posted a picture in the original thread which I originally shamelessly advertised. Feels weird looking at it because it has under twenty replies but a large amount of views for only one day. It means people are looking but not commenting.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Huuuuaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrghhhhhaaaahaahaaa... hahaha. Wow. I worked literally all day on this.
I definitely hope that this final change will keep the thread going for a long time still. Even when the contest is over, it'll still be fun to be creative, right? Maybe now that the restrictions are gone, I will dare to submit some stuff myself again, too...

*leans back and stretches*

So, any suggestions, criticism? Anything I can still do for the layout?
I was still going to add the names for the 4 main categories and stuff, but I'm not good at making stuff look fancy... ah well.
Tomorrow I'll update secondaries, too... for now, I'll call it a day. ^^;

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Looks freaking incredible! Job very well done dude. Also, I've been throwing some ideas around for a while, and may soon have some new characters to contribute. These will be original, and due to the fact I have no scanner, will be described as best I can. I may or many not come up with some badly drawn thing from something paint-like.

Also, The Angry Video Game Nerd got an exclamation mark! Awesome!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Welcome back, Nerd. ^^
It's good to hear that you're going to come up with some original characters as well. Your submissions are always so detailed... I've been wondering whether I should give Yoda and Odysseus exclamation marks as well... I'll have to look into that.

And of course, glad you like the new design. *salutes*

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I've always been here, lurking, skimming some of the submissions. I've also got another idea, but thought I should talk to you before mentioning it; Pokeballs? Making Pokemon for the Pokeballs is like making Assist Trophies, except someone, one day, might want to use that Pokemon as a character. However, I've got some ideas for some, and wanted to know if it was worth doing or not. Also, bizarre idea here, but ATs have no rules what-so-ever, it's just assumed that they're from the series you use... so here's an AT that no one saw coming.

AT: Link! Yes, Link from Legend of Zelda! Well, when I first saw this thread, one of my earlier ideas was to make Link 2! Or more like Link 4, because WW Link and Masked Link are seriously considered. But really, Link has a lot of incarnations! A lot of him is never represented in the Smash Bros series, so I was going to make another Link! In the end I decided I would work on other characters in the case he couldn't be accepted, but now his assist trophy makes a vengeance! In a couple forms!

Link 1 (4): Link jumps to the side of the screen, hovering there for a minute with a cape (Roc's Cape) and swings his sword, sword beams (Most 2-D Zelda's) fly out of it at all angles! Lasts for 10 seconds. These do little damage and knockback, but there are a lot of them. They stop at walls though, so they're less effective/not useful at all on some stages.

Link 2 (5): Link and Bowbow! Link is dragged across the screen by BowBow, from Link's Awakening! He doesn't ever manage to stop him unless BowBow goes off the edge, at which point Link pulls him back up! Lasts for 10 seconds. Bowbow does ridiculous damage, and Link acts similar to a weaker Marill. They aren't that fast though.

Link 3 (6): Cane of Somaria! Link pulls out a cane and waves it, creating a giant block directly infront of where ever he was released. It floats as well, causing possible madness, and edge-guarding/easy recovery! After 30 seconds of this block existing, it glows for half a second, then each of its faces let out a blast of golden energy, which dissipates the block. The golden energy reaches all the way across the level, unhindered by walls or floors, and does 20+ damage, and little knockback.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
wait, I'm a little confused. How does the voting work? When Brawl is released in Japan, we will see the number of characters, and that will set the number of slots on our roster? Then we vote?

Also, I think the thread title should be changed to something like, "The Fantasy Brawl Roster" or "The Infinite Sakurai Theorem" but definately not "Make Your Move." Then again it is, your thread Fawriel, and you don't have to listen to me. (or whatever word would replace listen since that would denote speaking, and this is text)

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371

Hitler joins the fray!

B: Luger
Fires a shot from a Luger pistol.

> B: Swastika Boomerang
Throws a Swastika like a boomerang.

^B: Panzerfaust anti-tank weapon
pulls one out and shoots down, blasting him upward.

VB: HIEL!!!
Yells it. stuns the enemy.

Final Smash: Gas Chamber
Hitler whips out a gas mask. The arena then fills with toxic fumes which cloud the view and hurt your enemies.

courte

Smash Lord
the pink panther to be updated

The Pink Panther

He's that **** cool. Enters the fray with his classic top hat, cane, and his cool blue glasses. Watch out for his tail; it's got a mind of it's own!!

Moves
B - Be Cool: Panther starts performing a quick, cool strut about stage. Quickly spins in a circle with a vaccuum effect. Can be held for quite a while, and when released, smacks opponent away with his cane, like a golf club. Press left or right to determine speed and travel direction while walking.

Taunt
Panther leans on his Cane, and;
1) Twirls his tail around in his fingers.
2) Tips his top hat and says "Raowr, baby" like the sexy beast he is.
3) Puts on his shades.
-------------------------------
K'oss by Wavebossa
An OC by the mugen editor and artist, he is a modified version of K' in appearance, but his attacks and applications are all unique. This character was made and designed in an attempt to bring Smash Style elements to hard-lined world of 2d fighters. You MUST play him to understand

:034:

Smash Hero
Fawriel, amazing job with that first post. I'll probably say this on MSN but it deserves a double notice.

I might actually make a new moveset, though I have no idea for what character...

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Thanks GreatClayMonkey, but you should have seen some of the ideas I had for him as an actual character... ah well.

Top Bottom