• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Affiliates - Making appearances here and there since 2006

Beat

Smash Ace
Hey crew, does anyone else have Bleach DS 2nd? If so, PM me your friend codes or something, I miss you all and wanna play non-Philly TSAers in SOMETHING...

Much love,
Boco

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I'll pick up Soul Caliber again when number 4 comes out.

Also to lightxdream, I don't do mm's.

They aren't my thing.

I'll own you for free on 3s or CvS2 any time though.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Happy New Year TSA! 2008 is here, and so is my 3000th post!

With that out of the way, it's time for me to make an important announcement.

2007 was a year for me to become the person I've always wanted to be, and by far, it's the best year I've ever had in my life. I traveled, made many new friends, and grew even better overall as someone most of you known as WoZ.

2008 will then be a year where I finish what I couldn't beforehand.

As most of you know, I'm going back to school, but I've also got some amazing plans that I have for myself. Unfortunately, this doesn't include playing smash or competitively or even traveling to be at tournaments. To make things short, I'm retiring from the community.

No, it's not an April Fool's joke. This is the real deal, fellas. The timing might be terrible with Brawl coming out soon, and I'm happy to play with all of you casually, but that's about the extent of it.

What does this mean as TSA's leader? I still have my plans that I've told you about what I want to do with the crew. In order to make that happen properly, I'll have to go back and concentrate first on what's more important right now. Be assured that I'll still come online occasionally if a decision in the crew has to be made, or if an update on the first post is needed. Otherwise, you can turn to Copycat, who, as a role of being my second-in-command, will take the main decisions.

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to Pound or not. Most of you will be wanting me to go, but I have a lot of things to do before the semester starts, and I honestly don't know what's going to happen.

Some of you might also be questioning my sudden disappearance. I can't really explain it, but trust me when I say that I'm fine, and everything is all right. I simply had some business to do.

So that's about it for my 3000th post. I truly enjoyed all the great memories I made with each and other one of you. I'm proud to say that I had some help in bringing us all together under one banner, making close friends that I'm sure will last for a lifetime.

Do me a favor and don't let this die it down for you as a crew. Rock the Brawl scene as TSA and show everyone what you're made of. You're all hot and amazing.

Have fun, folks, and see you all later.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Good luck Woz I hope to be able to see you play casually man it sucks you won't be playing like you used to but your smart and put important things ahead of you instead of like.. me :(.

But your one of the people who made me really want to be a part of the smash community in NJ and you definitely helped me in other numerous occasions.

I'll miss you Woz it'll never be same without you and your funny antics good luck and thanks a lot man and stop by every now and then ;).

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
woz, i'm love you.
things won't be the same.

promise me hubtime.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Good luck Woz I hope to be able to see you play casually man it sucks you won't be playing like you used to but your smart and put important things ahead of you instead of like.. me :(.

But your one of the people who made me really want to be a part of the smash community in NJ and you definitely helped me in other numerous occasions.

I'll miss you Woz it'll never be same without you and your funny antics good luck and thanks a lot man and stop by every now and then ;).
<_< Man I hate you tec0; I thought all of that in my head then scrolled down and saw your post. I guess I'll have to come up with something slightly different.

I'll miss you WoZ :(. I still remember the first time you took me out of tourney, your amazing "I can beat you in Super Smash Brothers Melee" t-shirt, and your fuzzy bear slippers. One question though: Are you still going to run meetings?

_milktea

Smash Lord
You're kidding WoZ, please tell me you're joking (I know you're not though). What am I gonna do without you "/? Will you please at least come to Pound? Please? WooooZ... oniiichan :/..! Make sure you stay in contact with your imoutochannn :(... WoZ, THIS SUCKS.

Edit: Agreed with SleepyK, promise me hubtime too :/!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've only spoken with you briefly, WoZ, but you were really cool at VLS. Thanks for all your contributions to the community, and good luck.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Love you WoZ, school is a good place to be, and I'm pretty sure you won't regret this decision. I wish you the best of luck and grant you my ever-elusive approval.

Beat

Smash Ace
Wozzy... I'll miss you. When I started playing smash, I felt like I'd never fit in with anyone but Scar and Pakman. But somehow you coaxed me into comfort and made me really feel like a welcome member of the crew I've come to love. I can't say it'll be easy, but we will carry on and continue to fight in your place!

Believe, and our blades will not break.
Believe, and our hearts will not yield.
Though the roads we take will be different, our iron hearts will beat as one.

Woz, you may have stepped down officially, but you'll always lead us.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Well, since this won't affect my friendship with you what so ever...lol.

Do what you gotta do "big brother". ;)

And yeah I'm glad you changed yourself.

Funny how your whole life changed with a little visit to UCC, where you met me and Copycat and a few others. Then you and me started going to tournies and you started to train Copycat.

What's it been?

A little over two years I think?

But dude...I miss the spiky hair man :psycho:

It's so cool to think that one thread of destiny has touched so many others, and now all of those threads are now entwined.

Sensei

Smash Lord
WoZ is amazing. If it weren't for Raptorhawk, I've would of never joined TSA, LOL. Good thing I did or else I would suck more at this game than I already do. We need to do some drunk karaoke sometime. Good luck with school!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I remember when I met WoZ back in april 2004 at my first tournament I still mained white marth... and he also used to always say he sucks while playing way back then too, lol.
When I played him at that old Palmer in tournament (04/05, I don't remember), he did the same thing.
Every match we played, he would say things such as "main I suck, I should quit this game".

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
He's always been the most moddest smasher I've ever known. We all know he didn't suck. lol But he was the first ever smasher I ever talked to at my first tourny and he gave me a graious invite to TSA within the next few months. Yea not sure where I'd be in terms of this game if it weren't for him. But remember you live maybe 5-10 minutes away from me, feel free to come by and play some friendlies. Good luck in school bro.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
<3 woz, first met him at kotc when mikeman took me. the next few times i would see him here and there but never really went up to him until I took Cactuar with me. It was then Cactuar made me drive down to one of the meetings and join TSA with him and woz has been amazing from the moment i met him. Hopefully you'll do real well and come back soon. Miss you waaazzzzzz

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
WoZ, I'm so glad I got to hang out with you a bunch at VLS, you're truly a special member of the smash community. The little time I've had in TSA has shown me just how much the smash community will miss you and everything you do for it. But at the same time, I'm sure the entire community is happy that you have the opportunity to follow your dreams and do what you want to do. I hope nothing but the best for you.

May you continue to defend Zarona with your warrior skills. <3

Beat

Smash Ace
Please vote for Chocobo for best artist in the Forum Awards! Support your TSA brethren!

I'd really appreciate it. Just type "TehChocobo" in that lil' ol' ballot, won'tcha?

Jollies

Smash Cadet
Only met you once at Smashpocalypse I, but you seemed like a really cool guy. Best of luck to you, WoZ.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
hmm...where do I begin...I guess just with how I feel.

A few days ago I reflected on the things that happened in the 2007 year. I made a lot of friends and lost a few as well. The friends I did have I almost pushed away as my depression reached a point where my life became in danger. I pulled myself out and said I will not let myself die...I wont let myself go...as you told me in person...I have my own world..and for me I needed to keep going to protect it. In essence I fixed myself by becoming who I am destined to be. It took me a while to understand but it was not until I looked at the family portrait cristin made for me that I realized how luck I am to meet some guys like you, marcel, chloe, and the gang. Though many of them will not understand the things I been going through other than you three.

So now I think about what is going to happen. Your going back to college and Marcel is as well. I finished and am looking forward to the job world and building my career and life. So far we are all going to be working our ***** off to get what we have to done. To be honest I am a little scared myself. I would not be lying if I did not say I feel alone right now. To be honest I do not want to lose what I had. I want to go back in time and relive those moments where I stayed over Marcel's house and was happy or when you talked to me and tried so hard for me to be happy. I guess I miss being comforted by others. Thankfully those feelings do not consume me anymore. I can say all of that and pull myself together enough to even shrug it off. All these positive thoughts started when I got up after being knocked down. All cause you said "He reminds me of myself a while ago...I know he can do this".

I know I'll continue to see you so saying you retire does not mean as much to me as others. It's not me being stand-offish but I feel that you will always be around when I or many will need you. For me I have this feeling. Like any sport you do not ever really leave it. In one instance or another you will be a part of it. Right now its about you not about the scene. I know you will be back when you can balance out everything. To me thats your style..you go in and come out but never leave for good.

As I told Marcel on his cell, the chances you will read this are very slim. Infact, I wrote this more for myself as a way of dealing with everything going on. In a perfect world I'd get a call from you and I just talk with you for hours about what really goes on in my life and finally let it all go. On the same token I'd want to just be a better friend and not this kid that you and marcel just put up with. My personality can be such a great thing to see. I can light up a room if I just believed.

Anyways I wanted to get that out. I'll keep my space cause thats how I am but hopefully you can give me a call/text/whatever guys do to reply to a message. If you do not I won't be upset as I know these things usually happen.

Ja Ne

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
TSA please heed my words.

TSA NJ has suffered alot of blows lately. CyberCon got shut down, we no longer have a place to run our tournies, we don't meet up like we used too, the rest of NJ seems to be stagnating without our guidance, and now our leader is retiring.

Things look quite grim, but in truth we can turn this around. Instead of letting these hard times shut us down we should let it mold us, re-forge us, so that we can grow stronger.

We can find a new LAN center for Smashacre. We can start meeting agian and training more often. We can't replace WoZ, but TSA is apart of us all and lives on in us.

I have a plan that can bring us back into glory.

As of right now, we are divided. It seems like TSA NJ is all over the place in terms of the roles we play in the crew. This isn't good. What was the one thing that seperated us from other crews? It was the fact that we DO something about our state's community. The fact that we care and are organized. Now that organization is faltering. We need to get it back together. What I'm tlaking about is that each member of TSA needs to be assigned to a faction within TSA NJ. Some us are players, those who participate reguarly in tournies. Others would fall under the catagory of management. These are the members who make sure everything is running smoothly. Another role is that of the community leader. These are people that go out their way to help the smash community and support it. Like what Keitaro does with the NJ player finder or wht I do with my threads in the Marth forum. Then there are the personalities. WoZ fulfilled this role nicely. They are the faces of the crew. The people who draw others in and make us known to the smash community. These are the people that others see when they think of TSA.

All of these roles are important for the success of TSA. And it's time that we make distinctions between members for what role they play,. It will make things smoother and less tressful overall. For example, if someone's talents lie with being a community leader, then why pressure them to train and make lots of appearances at tournies? If they aren't pressued to do these things, then they can concentrate on making TSA's presence felt by helping the community in other ways on the boards.

And that's what it's all about my brethren. Making people feel our presence not just as players, but as leaders, people with personality and charisma, and knowledge. I think that from now on, when someone wants top join TSA, we need to actually interview them or at least discuss what they feel they can contribute and talk about their abilities not just in terms of skill, but all of the other areas I mentioned.

I also want to say that TSA NJ as a whole needs to to try to become more sociable at smashfest/tournies and more active on the boards. We don't have WoZ anymore or his larger then life personality. It's up to us to fill that gap. I'm not saying anyone has to be WoZ. No, just be yourself. Shake hands with people at tournies, introduce yourselves, become more involved in the melee/character discussion boards. Take a serious interest in your community. Make our voice heard.

There are a few other things I want to touch on as well.

I think we should talk to Terrabite's near Wayne. He has plenty of space for a good sized tourney. Just what we need. Granted the image he is trying to portray is less hardcore and more casual, but we can't afford to be picky. It's worth a shot. Speaking of tournies, TSA NJ needs to start going to them. Not neccessarily to win, but again, so people feel our presence. Not just appear but mingle with people. Talk to them, talk to the people running things and even offer to help or offer compliments if they are doing a good job. WoZ has proven time and again that personality is just as important as being good at the game.

The next issue should be obvious. CopyCat can't do it alone. If WoZ is leaving him in charge of running things, then he needs help. I think it's in TSA NJ's best interest to talk about having someone be deputy second-in-command. Basically a 3rd person in charge to support CopyCat.

The next thing is that lately more and more people are getting in just because they are cool or laid back or w/e. Honestly, this stuff needs to stop. We need to take a long hard look at people and make intelligent decisions about what they can do for TSA and what TSA can do for them. The last thing we need is people riding the TSA bandwagon and not contributing anything.

As for the issue of our meetings, well that's always been a tough one for us. No ones parents wants to do it for too long. We need to alternate locations then. People NEED to talk to thier parents about having a meeting at thier place once a month. Or I can talk to Lone and see what's going on with his place.

Going back to the tournament issue. TSA needs to support the tournies of other TSA branches. Show this community a united front that stands as one even when seperated by great distance.

We also need to start training. If people are free, just call them up and train with them. You don't have to post about it. Just pm someone and set something up. If you want more people to show up then post about it if you want to.

TSA NJ, we must band together and start anew. This is a chance for a rebirth, but if we don't get it together, then TSA NJ will fade away.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
cool... marcel u wana be 3rd?

ive been playing recently, 5th at esticle with copy in teams, was just playing at tech0 house yest with vanz and then went to jfox's smashfest today. etc etc.

and at school i play against spam who gives me great practice and advice.
sometime next week i want to play with spam so i might head down there, LK said he'd come too.

also for the winter break, my apartment down at school is empty and can have a meeting for people if im around there. its 5 minutes from your moms apartment and it has kitchen and bathroom and is pretty nice actually :p. I just have to be there to get in, and its an hour from my house :(

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I feel that every member of TSA NJ has been decently active in the community and that's something that inspired me to try out for the crew as other crews had people that I've never even seen/played before. If anything I think TSA NJ should post in our thread if they're going to any decent sized tournies cause I get hyped to go to tournies sometimes when I know other crewmates like CopyCat, Sneak, or Do are gonna be there "didn't mean to single anyone out"

Now TSA NJ's tourney abilities are a lil sucky at the moment but I think things will be alot better for us this spring after Brawl comes out. For now, I know there's an RU tournament on Friday the 25th at Rutgers in Central Jersey and I'm probably going to make a lil thread for it soon and post a link here. Might not be a TSA tourney but shoot. Do, Spam, and I usually take over these shiz's "well not really, lol" but it'll be more interesting to have more of TSA to come to this besides the ones who already attend the school.

I'd just like to thank Scar and whoever else from TSA PA for hosting tournies in Philly and doing such a great job with them. Although I haven't been to one yet, it is right next to NJ giving TSA NJ some hope for close tournies at the moment.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'll ask my mom about my house being used for training, since I always have such a hard time getting out to see you guys. I'll keep in touch about that.

And WoZ I will miss you, but you'll be back again :) good luck.

TSA has a lot of potential, that's the way I always saw it.

Top Bottom