• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arceus, The God Pokemon for Brawl

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
LukeFonFabre
I said he wasn't as easy to implement as Mewtwo, which is undeniable seeing as Mewtwo is a humanoid shape while Arceus is a fairly large quadruped.
I still think you're wrong. I don't think it would be difficult to implement him in the game at all. Jigglypuff isn't human shaped, and neither are Kirby and Meta-Knight. It doesn't matter if Arceus doesn't have arms. The only thing characters need arms for in Smash is to pick up items, and there are already characters who can pick up items without arms. And as far as size goes, it's no different then people wanting Ridley to be in.

If not Arceus, then they should at least add Heatran. They have to add at least one cool Pokemon from D/P. Lucario is dumb, and all the legendary dragons are too big and will end up in pokeballs.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
While Jiggs and Kirby aren't 'human' exactly, they don't deviate that far from a humanoid shape, and aren't as different as Arceus would be. And the only characters that don't use arms to pick up items are Pikachu and Mewtwo (ironically both pokemon). But the ways they pick up items won't work for Arceus, as it's mouth would be fairly impractical, and it isn't psychic. And Arceus' frame in general isn't the easiest to work with, even amongst quadruped characters.

The thing about Arceus is that it's main characteristic, that it can change it's element type, can't be transferred well into a playable character, which really would be a shame. As a pokeball character, it could use it's judgment pebble which would randomly cycle through the 17 elements, each having a unique effect. That's why I personally think Arceus would be better as a pokeall character rather than a playable one.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If not Arceus, then they should at least add Heatran.
I love you.

Not... not really, ofcourse.

Anyway, as cool as Arceus is, I still say it would be much more suited as a pokeball pokemon. Judgement would look spectacular! Deoxys and/or Lucario seem more practical and logical choices for playable pokemon, though. Still, ...I hope Heatran atleast makes it as a pokeball pokemon.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I think Arceus could be like mew or celebi. He would show up almost never, and when he did he wouldn't provide you any real help.

Edit: i just described a dead beat dad.

:034:

Smash Hero
im in ur topix revivin them

Have a moveset.

ARCEUS, THE ALPHA POKÉMON

STATS:

SIZE: **** (Smaller than Bowser and DK, but only by a little bit)
WEIGHT: *** (Not as heavy as Bowser, but heavier than say.. Mario. Just a bit above average)
SPEED: ** (dashing speed about the same as Link's)
POWER: ****
TRACTION: ** (he floats, so there isn't a lot of traction)

Arceus floats a little bit above the ground, hovering so to say. His first jump is fairly low, but his second jump has 16 directions to go in and is quite long (smaller than Yoshi's second jump though).

GROUND MOVES:

Jab (A):
A small 'power pulse' with short range. Reaches front and back, with average knockback.

Forward Tilt:
Arceus lunges forward, slamming the foe away. Okay knockback, average range.

Up Tilt:
Arceus shoots a small beam forward that controls the opponent and flings him upward. Medium range, okay knockback, not a lot of damage. Small amount of lag if the beam doesn't hit. Main launching move.

Down Tilt:
Arceus spins and shoots a small quake forward, with quite good range for a downtilt. The damage and knockback aren't too good, but the lack of lag makes up for it.

Forward Smash: Arceus uses Earth Power!
Arceus shoots a small beam, targeting an opponent. The beam goes about as far as Marth's Forward Smash. When the opponent is targeted, they can't move anymore and the ground under them shakes and explodes. The opponent can not escape from this. While this is the most powerful Smash attack that Arceus has, it has a lot of lag if the attack doesn't hit and charging it only increases range a little bit.

Up Smash: Arceus uses Seismic Toss!
Arceus grabs the opponent and flies up with him.. Only to come back a second later, crashing his opponent into the floor. It does a lot of damage, but it has some lag after the attack. No knockback either, since the opponent is stuck in the ground.

Down Smash: Arceus uses Gravity!
Arceus spins around, creating a small void, 360 degrees around him. Everybody who enters this void is pushed to the ground and gets damage. There's some lag after the attack, and the knockback isn't too good, but it's a nice damage racker (especially in Free For All).

AERIAL MOVES:

Neutral Aerial: Arceus uses Hyper Voice!
Arceus spins around and shrieks, creating an aura that damages opponents around him. The aura is about 1.5 times as big as Jigglypuff's Sing. While this opponent has virtually no knockback, it does a nice amount of damage, and there isn't much lag either.

Forward Aerial:
Arceus flings his head, creating a 'cut' in the air that semi-spikes opponents. It's hard to hit, though, since the cut is very fast and doesn't last long. (much like Shiek's Forward Aerial)

Back Aerial:
Arceus kicks back with his feet for pretty good range and knockback. The lag isn't too much, making this Arceus' primary edgeguarding move. Works like a sex kick.

Up Aerial: Arceus uses Seismic Toss!
Arceus bites upward with a mystical power and throws him downward. VERY hard to hit since you need to be under your opponent, but it spikes. The lag at the end isn't that big though.

Down Aerial: Arceus uses Gravity!
Arceus casts the same Gravity aura beneath him as in his Down Smash. The Gravity aura does damage and Meteor Smashes the opponent. Arceus floats in the air when using this move, but can't move sideways.

GRAB MOVES:

Arceus grabs by moving his head forward ans shooting a small invisible 'beam', so to say. Anyone hit by this beam will be hold in mid-air by Arceus' divine power. The way of grabbing is comparable to Mewtwo's.

A:
Arceus jabs with the same power pulse as in his jab.

Forward Throw: Arceus uses Future Sight!
Arceus throws the opponent forward, with virtually no lag, but small knockback. A few seconds later, the real knockback and damage comes in, as Future Sight attacks the opponent. The opponent can only prevent this from happening by killing himself or Arceus. If Pokémon Trainer switches Pokémon, the effects of Future Sight are passed on to the next Pokémon.

Back Throw:
Arceus uses his divine power to move the opponent behind him. Arceus the uses his hind legs to kick the opponent away.

Up Throw:
Arceus throws the opponent upward and shoots a small beam at him. The beam doesn't have much knockback, but does a bit of damage. The lag is pretty big for a throw.

Down Throw: Arceus uses Gravity!
Arceus uses the same Gravity aura used in his Down Smash and Down Aerial to push the opponent to the ground and deal damage. He then lands on top of him and the opponent flies upward. Floaties can be chaingrabbed by this.

SPECIAL MOVES:

Neutral Special: Arceus uses Hyper Beam!
Arceus charges his Hyper Beam and shoots forward. You can shoot in three ways: straight forward, in an 45 degree angle upward or straight up. The knockback isn't any good, but it does a lot of damage. Too bad this attack has a lot of lag afterwards.

Forward Special: Arceus uses Giga Impact!
Arceus charges and slams forward. Anyone hit by Giga Impact suffers from it's extreme knockback and damage, but those who managed to avoid can benefit from it's huge lag time... You have been warned!

P.S: This attack can be charged to increase the range.

Down Special: Arceus uses Multitype!
This one I'm rather proud of, even though it's the most predictable of them all... It changes your type! Only the color of the golden ring changes though, too prevent Team Colors confusion. The type you change in is completly random, and when you press Down B again when you changed your type, you change back to normal type. What happens for each type though? Well..

Fighting (Dark brown ring): Increases damage.
Flying (Gray ring): Makes Arceus float higher and increases jump.
Poison: (Purple ring): Some of Arceus' attacks do additional and continuous damage (comparable to the Lip's Stick item).
Ground (Light brown (sand color) ring): Ground moves have increased knockback and damage, aerial moves have decreased knockback and damage.
Rock (Medium brown (rock.. color.. duh?) ring): Increases weight and knockback.
Bug (Light green ring): Decreases weight and traction and makes Arceus a Floaty character.
Ghost (Deep purple ring): Decreases knockback and damage done by opponents.
Steel (Silver ring): Decreases knockback done by opponents, but makes Arceus a fastfaller and adds weight.
Grass (Dark green ring): Some attacks uses leaves, hanging around and attacking the opponent later for some additional damage.
Fire (Red ring): Same effect as Superspicy Curry.
Water (Blue ring): Some attacks leave water on the floor, making the floor slippery. Arceus' traction is also decreased.
Electric (Yellow ring): Attacks have extra stun.
Psychic (Pink ring): Throws have extra range and knockback.
Dark (Black ring): Steals items that opponent have carrying with them (including Franklin Badges and such).
Ice (White ring): Leaves a freeze effect to some attacks (sometimes even completly freezing the opponent for a few seconds at high percentages).
Dragon (Dark blue ring): Increases knockback and damage and decreases lag. Rarest of all the types to get.

Up Special: Arceus uses Extremespeed!
This attack is pretty much the same as Pikachu's Quick Attack, only it goes farther and doesn't have a second try.

FINAL SMASH: Arceus uses Judgement!
Arceus grabbed a Smash Ball! Watch out! He moves to the back of the stage and shoots beams across the stage and unleashes meteors. If there was a type change with Multitype, the beams change color and have the same effects as with normal attacks.

----

My very first moveset, rating and such might be nice.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
It looks like it got stuck in a fence.

But for all it's fans I hope it gets in, PC or Pokeball.

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
If Ivysaur could make it in and it's a Quadruped, Acreus *could* be somehow made a character for Brawl. But it's really unlikely. There are maaaany humanoid type pokemon that would fit better.

And btw, I wouldnt expect another pokemon character in Brawl because now we have: Pikachu, Squirte, Charizard, Ivysaur, and maybe Jigglypuff, Mewtwo and pichu (tough i think he'll get te boot). That'd be 6 pokemon, plus all the Pokeballs. I don't think thay want to include more things from the pokemon universe..

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap, what was that like a four month revival? I thought this thread was dead long ago. Anways, like I said earlier, I think it would be more of a pokeball poke like Mew or Celebi, were it shows up, looks pretty, and then leaves.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
All fours. It seems like more of a Poke Ball thing.
Arceus is too big, and as others mentioned, on all fours.
It's not like four-legged characters can't fight, it's rather that large four-legged characters would look extremely AWKWARD if downsized to a workable level.

Ivysaur says hi.

Just wanted to point that out. But Arceus still won't be in, because we aren't supposed to know about it yet, but hackers found out. But Arceus was already revealed, I could see it in a pokeball.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Ivysaur says hi.

Just wanted to point that out. But Arceus still won't be in, because we aren't supposed to know about it yet, but hackers found out. But Arceus was already revealed, I could see it in a pokeball.
Yo, Ivy, what's up! How's the kids doing? I heard Bud's been having trouble at school?

See, the point is, Ivysaur isn't large, which is the condition I gave for quadruped characters.

By the way. Great job on that moveset, Dutchy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
However, Ivysaur uses his leaves as arms...attacking with them...

...Arceus has nothing to use as arms

Smash Hero
By the way. Great job on that moveset, Dutchy.
Thanks. I did my best on it, after all..

Yeah, about size: Look at Bowser and Kirby.. Nintendo just resizes them. There's no trouble in that. And like my moveset depicts, I think Arceus would float over the ground rather than walking. But if Ivysaur can do it on all-fours, then the GOD of Pokémon could do it too.

I also don't see the problem with both at the same time? I just really don't?

And about Arceus not being revealed: Wouldn't this be perfect? Releasing a new movie or special episode about Arceus, revealing him to the general public AND give him a popularity shot through Brawl. Then give out an event in America and Europe (through Wi-Fi?) and there we go. Everybody knows and loves Arceus.

However, Ivysaur uses his leaves as arms...attacking with them...

...Arceus has nothing to use as arms
Read my moveset. And besides, Arceus created the universe with it's thousand ARMS according to the Diamond Pokédex. So I see no trouble here.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'm sure he could figure something out.

Anyway, really nice moveset!! The down special is probably the best I've heard, but it does leave room possible overpowering, depending on the extend of the added abilities given. I would have imagined Arceus faster (Pikachu style) over the Mewtwo sounding slowness that you've givin him. Everything's always up for speculation!

Smash Hero
Anyway, really nice moveset!! The down special is probably the best I've heard, but it does leave room possible overpowering, depending on the extend of the added abilities given. I would have imagined Arceus faster (Pikachu style) over the Mewtwo sounding slowness that you've givin him. Everything's always up for speculation!
I just figured that Arceus wouldn't be much moving around. Sure, he's speedy, but when you're the god of all, why really bother? You just overwhelm everything with your power... Besides those finger-legs don't really seem to be good for running around, so I made him float, making him somewhat slow.

It's really opinion, actually. I just gave one of the many ways Arceus could work.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
No thanks to Arceus
1) no personality
2) too many pokemon reps
3) other pokemon reps (mewtwo, lucario) have more popularity and chances
4) how would he do a grab?
5) other more worthy characters could be put in instead

nice idea though, but no thanks

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yeah, about size: Look at Bowser and Kirby.. Nintendo just resizes them.
Yes, yes, yes, of course. But neither of those is quadruped. I don't know how to illustrate this, but... Characters in Smash have their sizes adjusted in terms of height, as most characters are humanoid in some way.
But many quadruped characters are more horizontal than vertical in size.
I can't really explain, why, but adjusting the height of an obviously large quadruped creature to fit the HEIGHT of the other characters, will most likely look awkward.

I'll try to demonstrate with the example of Wailord. Not quadruped per se, but you get the idea.

Wailord, the largest Pokemon.
Imagine his height adjusted to Bowser's. Its length would be more than three times the horizontal size of the big guy! And to add insult to injury, it would look extremely weird still, wouldn't it?

I wish I had a decent way to explain this. I could draw something, but.... .......... Arceus really has no chance, so I don't want to bother. *scratches head*

Fawriel

Smash Master
Repent, thou sinner, beg forgivness from are creator.
Okay, I get the "repent" part and the "thou sinner" can slide as some sort of stylistic deviation, but I'm not sure what to make of the rest of this.
So apparently, a group of people called "beg forgiveness from" are also known as "Creator"? Is that some sort of video game production firm?

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
this thread deserves death. we already have enough pokemon threads that shuold have died a long time ago.

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
what on earth is a "lucario" ?
I mean, I know pokemon from Mising# to 251 perfectly, with the third generation i began to lose interest, and now they come with these bizzare, Time-manipulating/Universe-making/Spirit-crafting pokemon that just make less sense than hitmonchan punching at "the speed of light" (pokedex).
Just throw Raichu in the game, there you have a well known pokemon that's not a fkin Quad.

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Arceus has very high chances of getting into the game even as a Pokeball.

I mean, he's not even supposed to be a known Pokemon. The only way you can currently get him is through cheating. Along with Shaymin, he's supposed to be hidden in Diamond & Pearl's coding until Japan holds a special event (like with Darkrai and the 10th movie).

Smash Hero
Yes, yes, yes, of course. But neither of those is quadruped. I don't know how to illustrate this, but... Characters in Smash have their sizes adjusted in terms of height, as most characters are humanoid in some way.
But many quadruped characters are more horizontal than vertical in size.
I can't really explain, why, but adjusting the height of an obviously large quadruped creature to fit the HEIGHT of the other characters, will most likely look awkward.

I'll try to demonstrate with the example of Wailord. Not quadruped per se, but you get the idea.

Wailord, the largest Pokemon.
Imagine his height adjusted to Bowser's. Its length would be more than three times the horizontal size of the big guy! And to add insult to injury, it would look extremely weird still, wouldn't it?

I wish I had a decent way to explain this. I could draw something, but.... .......... Arceus really has no chance, so I don't want to bother. *scratches head*
Ah, I see now.. But I guess they could resize in uniform, basically tone both vertical and horizontal height down. If you tone down his vertical height by 50%, do it for horizontal as well. If necessary, take more off horizontal (though I guess it WOULD look kind of awkward..).

...someone. said:
I mean, he's not even supposed to be a known Pokemon. The only way you can currently get him is through cheating. Along with Shaymin, he's supposed to be hidden in Diamond & Pearl's coding until Japan holds a special event (like with Darkrai and the 10th movie).
me said:
And about Arceus not being revealed: Wouldn't this be perfect? Releasing a new movie or special episode about Arceus, revealing him to the general public AND give him a popularity shot through Brawl. Then give out an event in America and Europe (through Wi-Fi?) and there we go. Everybody knows and loves Arceus.
No way.. if another pkmn is gonna make it.. it has to be well known like.. Deoxys or Lucario
May I remind you that Deoxys is a Pokéball? It's update even said "Look, it's popular!" Popularity doesn't matter at all when it comes to Pokémon Reps.

And for those who say "OMFG TOO MANY POKÉMON REPS", you might wanna look at the Dojo again. Pikachu and Pokémon Trainer. Last time I checked, the trainer is ONE guy on the character select screen. So that's TWO reps. It's unconfirmed whether or not Jiggs or Mewtwo are returning, so stop saying crap.

Anyone else?

EDIT: And for those who say 'OMFG ARCEUS CAN'T WORK EVER SINCE IT CAN'T DO <insert action>'.. First of all, it's a GOD. Gods can do pretty much everything? Second, it created the world with it's thousand ARMS. Third, I have a moveset on the fourth page. If you're wondering how he might work, why don't you check it out?

Btw, anti-Lucario-haters: I'm no anti-Lucario. I'd love it if he were in Brawl, I'm just supporting Arceus right now.

Top Bottom