• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Ooo looks like Biggie is picking up on how much I used to post on my first week here.... -.- 62 posts per day..

Ah, well I cut down :p

This thread moves too fast, everytime I want to see what people said in response to what I said I have to check back like 4 pages..

Ridley for Brawl!

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Well, here's my humble entry into the contest, with the straightforward title of "Birth of Meta-Ridley":

"Where... is..."

Various computers beeped and churned in the darkened lab. I could hear them, even without my full awareness...

"Feel...cold...numb..."

I could hear voices... low, rough, and scratchy... my men... my scientists...

"Where.... am I.... this..."

With a surprising amount of effort, much more than should have been necessary, I was able to open my eyes and begin to stretch my wings... the voices halted immediately and I could smell an air of fearful anticipation around me.

One of the pirates approached me, I could see the fright in his beady eyes. "Sir... Sir Ridley? Welcome back."

I finally began to become more aware of myself and my surroundings. And it was in that moment that I happened to look down and beheld what had become of me... or in this case... what was left of me.

My skin was no longer my own. What appeared to be a layer of strong steel now acted as my epidermis, which explained why I could not feel it. My torso and heart seemed mostly organic, apparently it was the one spot not completely decimated by the hunter...

My wings shot out and my tail whipped about, trashing the containment tank behind me.

"Where is she..." My men were silent. Too silent...

"I SAID WHERE IS SHE!? WHERE IS THE HUNTER!?"

The scientist who had approached me before spoke nervously, far too shaky to be bringing good news... "Sir... regrettably, Samus has evaded capture and has continued her assault on our forces since defeating..." I growled loudly.

"SHE did not defeat me... it was a sheer stroke of dumb luck that saved her life, remember that."

"Of...of course, sir... but regardless, Samus has cut a swath in our operations and upon last contact with the hunter she... she..." I was beginning to grow weary of his hesitation. Hesitation shows weakness. I loathe weakness with all my now cyborg being.

So I grabbed him and broke his scrawny throat, tossing him aside into one large monitor.

"I will begin breaking more necks unless one of you tells me what happened... NOW!"

One frightened soldier sputtered out pathetically, "She-she destroyed Mother Brain, sir!"

I was dangerously close to blowing up that entire lab in a blaze of my plasma breath, but one of the smarter scientists (and by smarter I mean more concerned for the safety of his life) brought me back to the topic at hand... namely, myself.

"Sir, Samus will no longer be an issue for you now. We have rebuilt you into something greater than anything you have ever seen." I allowed my rage to die down slightly, giving the scientist a rather pointed glare. "Go on."

"You are faster, stronger, more powerful than before sir. We took the liberty of enhancing your natural attack abilities. Your plasma breath is now on par with most weapons grade blasts, and you're flight speed should have increased by a wide margin." He then produced a series of charts and scans taken from me during my apparent reconstruction. The numbers I seemed to be presenting were indeed impressive, even for me.

"And what's more, we found a new source of energy, exponentially more powerful than the aforalite reserves we tried to raid."

I looked back to the doctor. "So tell me, what is this wonder substance?"

He gave his colleagues a rather self gratifying smirk before responding.

"Phazon. It's a mutagen with properties we've never even seen before. We're currently using it to enhance Metroid and pirate DNA. Take a look at some of the results..."

He handed me a file labeled "ELITE PIRATE ALPHA: CODENAME OMEGA PIRATE" I flipped through the file quickly, my now sharper talons clicking together.

I looked up and I must've smiled, because my men suddenly became a little more relaxed.

"I thank you for reviving me like this. I shall look into this phazon material myself and see that it becomes a source of great profit for us... however"

My men suddenly became frightened again. If only they knew...

"Seeing as you have still failed to capture and eliminate the hunter, it seems fit for me to dole out some punishment..." The scientist's screams echoed down the halls of the underground complex, before I completely melted everything in the lab, including my men.

I had been reborn. They say every beginning has an end... well... my new beginning shall be the END of Samus Aran. To this I swear.

EDIT: Wow, talk about a spur of the moment thing... this ended up alot longer than I thought it would ^-^'

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!!
I beat ya. Mine's funnier.
Ooo looks like Biggie is picking up on how much I used to post on my first week here.... -.- 62 posts per day..

Ah, well I cut down :p

This thread moves too fast, everytime I want to see what people said in response to what I said I have to check back like 4 pages..

Ridley for Brawl!
Everyone's pushign for an extra K of posts. WHat the hell is 4chan?

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Ridley has been again obliterated by Samus, as well as Kraid. The Chronzo Statues have turned against Samus, and have Combined the remains of both, to make a huge flying turtle called " Kridely". Samus Aran passed all the boss and used her Final Smash on him, but nothing worked. Kridely took "Advantage of her beyond her will to control" and there were some weird*** babies in the end. Kridely for Brawl!
Wow... yours is funnier lol

If I were going for comedy, maybe I'd let it bother me. But it's all Ridley, so it's all good. Although I have to admit, Samus and "Kridley" would have some butt ugly babies... humanoid dragon plasma spewing babies FTW!

Ridley for Brawl

EDIT: Any critique on my writing? Just curious. RIDLEY FTMFW!

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
4chan is pretty much the a$$ of the internet. I've been there, but I've only seen a glimpse

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ok i have update the main Short story post with your story Cenedar.

Very good actually quite well put together once this ends (30th August... unless you lot want it extended?) then when people vote they will hopefully critique it as well!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I feel sorry for those pirates... but you really captured a great personality for Ridley in that story,for example when he says "Where is she!?" after he comes back... great... lets hope all of them are this good!

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Ok i have update the main Short story post with your thread Cenedar.

Very good actually quite well put together once this ends (30th August... unless you lot want it extended?) then when people vote they will hopefully critique it as well!
Who has the better story?

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Ok i have update the main Short story post with your story Cenedar.

I hate when Caael and Fawriel and Grim are all gone. This thread goes straight to crap.

And Cenedar's was better.
I see what you mean. The thread goes to crap, just as your third sentence.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Dayam, that was fast! Thanks for the compliments everyone! I can't wait to see what other people put up for this contest.

Yes, I would like to hear more of this
Hey, if I think of any way to extend it, then I will. I'm surprised it's being received so well actually lol.

Ridley for Brawl

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What!? who's other story?

And er thanks guys : ( makes me feel a lot better *cries*

(Lol Kraid thread XD XD XD he takes it seriously as well XD)

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
I hate when Caael and Fawriel and Grim are all gone. This thread goes straight to crap.

And Cenedar's was better.

Oh come on. Don't become a cranky vet...

You can't expect anyone, or even a group of people, to churn out Ridley-related gold every 10-20 posts, even if they're the people you mentioned.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey what about me in a prominent member of BAD ARSES!

*yawn* i was gonna make a Ridley comic... but im to tired so im just gonna sit here / GTFO

Stryks

Smash Hero
Anyone else noticed in the new MP3 trailer, in the very last scene at the end before they show MP3 corruption, where ridley is fighting samus... it says META ridley, and not just ridley like in the E3 06 demos?

Just wanted to point that out...

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
I am currently working on a comic, but sadly it will be delayed to tomorrow because of the cool meteor shower we're having.

...That and I need better dialogue.

[edit] wait, it's cloudy tonight and the meteor shower is tomorrow, nevermind[/edit]

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, gee thanks. I can see how much I'm wanted here...

:runs off sobbing:
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. It's just that those guys keep us on topic, and prevent this thread from going farther off topic then it already is. And I'm not talking about you when I comment on the ridiculous amounts of spam, as you stick to the topic at hand. Again, I apologize for sounding like a douche and possibly hurting others feelings. I get like that sometimes, I know.

Plus, it be very hypocritical of me to put down others for bringing up random crap, as I am guilty for doing that, too.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Random comic time!

And yeah, that time too.

Just something I whipped up fairly quickly. I know I forgot it.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. It's just that those guys keep us on topic, and prevent this thread from going farther off topic then it already is. And I'm not talking about you when I comment on the ridiculous amounts of spam, as you stick to the topic at hand. Again, I apologize for sounding like a douche and possibly hurting others feelings. I get like that sometimes, I know.

Plus, it be very hypocritical of me to put down others for bringing up random crap, as I am guilty for doing that, too.
I'm joking dude! ^_^

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
I hope I'm not too late...
---

Ridley awoke in his cell on some federation planet. The Federation had kept him in their deepest jail and cloned him to figure out his secrets. Of course, the clone had also nearly obliterated them. He knew it was probably kept in some type of restraint. He knew he was only alive because they thought he knew Space Pirate secrets. However, they learned early on that trying to interrogate him was futile.
Because of Federation prisoner laws, they let him have the news. Apparently, the Hunter had destroyed a research lab and was facing a trial. The rest had been “classified.” The federation had always tried to cover everything up.
However, another thing interested him: The hunter was infused with Metroid DNA. What did this mean? Ridley realized the applications of this... What powers did she have? Ridley knew without a shadow of a doubt that he would also need this treatment in order to keep up with her.
Still, she was facing relief of duty or even jail. His only chance of revenge was at hand and he knew that he had to summon as much power as he could to escape. He ate the dreadful prison rations and then called the guard.
A screen on Ridley’s wall lit up.
“So... you agreed to tell us about your little friends.” The face on the screen said in a mocking tone
“I do. If my data is correct, will you release me?” Ridley said, with great reluctance
“That depends on what you tell me. If it’s important-”
Ridley cut him off
“There is a secret Pirate lab on Io in the Federation’s own system”
The man looked startled.
“This... this must be a lie.”
“It is not.”
The man mumbled “Well, I’ll call you as soon as I find out.”
It was mere minutes before the man called back.
“It seems you are correct... Hmph. Well, fine. My superiors say that this is not all the information you must have, so we’re transporting you to another location.”
Ridley roared in frustration. However, this was a facade. He had expected it to happen. He boarded a cell in the back of a small ship. Ridley tore at the gravity plating until it was too damaged to work. Since space was his natural environment, his immune system was enhanced in zero gravity. The sedatives began to fail. After a while, they sent some guard to investigate the problem. He used his element of surprise and blew him away with his fire breath. The startled pilots looked back. He overpowered them without too much problem.
Ridley took over the ship, but the stunt he pulled ensured that once they found out, he would not be able to return to the Space Pirates without the Hunter’s head on a platter. Ridley was able to hack into the ship and redirected it to a high ranking Federation base...

Samus Aran groaned in frustration. The federation had made a blunder and now that she had saved them, she was now going to court. However, though she could keep her Omega suit, she wasn’t allowed to wear it in court or if she was arrested. However, she figured since it was the end of her lifelong nemesis Ridley, she could at least rest easy about that.
She was in a station orbiting the planet Karlon Delta. Her lawyer had helped create a pretty solid case, but she was still afraid that it wouldn’t help much. Nobody else had really realized how dangerous the X were. On top of that, she figured the only remains of the X were “Food” for her suit, and a pile of space debris, so no research could be subjected. Unbeknownst to her, this was not the case.
An SA-X, (the original, in fact) had clung to the landing gear of her ship. It was recuperating. It had been crushed the whole way. However, it was curious about the sense of duty and emotions humans felt, so it decided to lay low and observe. It found a random human and absorbed its DNA. It shifted into a mix between Aran, and the human. It maintained a discreet distance at all times.
A day later, the SA-X was able to speak in human language and imitate basic emotions. It had found that imitating humanoids made emotions easier. Many emotions were pleasurable or even if not, had positive effects.

Ridley infiltrated a high ranking federation lab using his captor’s credentials. Since he sent them over the docking computer, he was able to get in without being directly detected. He managed to obtain a cell colony of a metroid. He stole some lab equipment and then prepared the procedure in stasis while the ship was en route to the space station where the Hunter’s Trial was sure to occur.

Samus was going over her case again, when it happened: An alarm went off. She instinctively donned her power suit and ran out into the hall. She didn’t go far when she met a civilian running away.
“Run! It’s a...!”
“Where?!”
She got no reply as the civilian sprinted away. She ran in the direction the civilian came from and was incredibly surprised.
“Ridley!? But you’re dead!”
“Dead?”
“You were absorbed at the research- never mind. What do you want?”
“I suppose payback for all you’ve done to me-“
“Hold it.”
The SA-X stepped out.
“So, you must be... Ridley. I seem to recall a part of me absorbing a clone of you. Unfortunately, that X died. However, that will not stop me from absorbing you!”
“No! I can’t let you! He doesn’t have the Metroid vaccine-“
“Who said I don’t?” Ridley said. He then revealed his enhanced talons and teeth. His eyes glowed.
The SA-X was stunned.
“How-“ the SA-X began
“-did you know?” Samus interupted
“Know what?” Ridley‘s attitude changed. Something strange was afoot.
“Wait, if you didn’t get the metroid vaccine because of the X...”
The three stared at each other at a loss for words. All three wanted the other two dead. The X wanted to become Samus and Ridley. Samus wanted to exterminate the X and wanted to settle a lifelong grudge. Ridley wanted information about this “X” and also wanted the grudge to end.
“Well now... show me what you’ve got.” Ridley snarled.
“Right then.”
The three charged at each other...

----

Well, what do you think? I'll leave the aftermath up to the reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom