• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
there is only one man ever in recorded history to kill ridley. ridley however, went back in time and killed that mans parent's, so in reality it never happened...
You know if Wiseguy never made that post and I never siggied that, I'd siggy that for sure=LMFAO! BTW, it wasn't a man, it was a women, and it was Samus! :grin:

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
At the moment... This thread is full of win. I don't think I've laughed this hard from something on the internet in a while.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Actually your right that is what Ridley did... except he killed her parents after she was born(And her dad died blowing up the space pirate spaceship : P).

Old bird!

Ridley for teh Brawlz!

(I love this place *sniff*)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hehe, wow. I didn't think that'd get a laugh when I posted it. :grin:

:3

Is it safe to say Ridley will be the 'Chuck Norris' er... 'Ridley' of Brawl?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But little did he know-IT WAS RAISIN!
DUN! DUN! DUN! [btw, click here]...

It is said Chuck Norris never lost a fight. Then he fought Ridley, and he didn't just lose the fight, his head was bit right off, and the rest of him was burned in flames. Proof that Ridley is so good, he killed the man of who the dark fears!

:laugh:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Its already OVER FIVE THOUSSSSSSAAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (O god how many of these will there be when it is over nine thousand!?)

But Toad man is WWWAAAYYY better than Ridley... he is... the best.

I saw that Prairie dog thing long time ago... but its as funny as ever! (look at the pervert one!)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm very anti-Toad btw, lol! ;)

Edit: Toad man, o that makes sense, lol. I guess he'd be...intresting for Brawl, but he's not very likely at all. AT leat it's not Toad! <_<

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Ok i am sure you'll kill me for this but hear me out:

i have never played a metroid game and i don't like the genre (i played Super Metroid but i didn't like it) .

that's not the point here.

anyway, i was searching for some music from the game (i love hearing video games music) and found the Kraid theme.

it is the best music in the Metroid series i have ever heard. it is a masterpiece.

I found it strange that a non-story-serious boss like Kraid to have such a beutiful lair music........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B2xC8QoE0I

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Specifically, Brinstar Depths.

The piano guy was pretty good, but the beginning sounded odd. I've heard remixes that are way better.

The SSBB remix of Ridley's theme is the best of his I've heard yet, though.

silver777

Smash Champion
Specifically, Brinstar Depths.

The piano guy was pretty good, but the beginning sounded odd. I've heard remixes that are way better.
Hey! can you give me these remixes?? :)

inside
I think that Ridley would be a perfect Bowser clone, considering Bowser didn't have a clone in SSBM
how can Ridley be a clone of Bowser?! they are completely different!!!

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Hey! can you give me these remixes?? :)
Well, for one, the SSBM one is pretty dang good. ocremix.org has one, Samus Strut, which is also good (though less strict to the original). I'm pretty sure there are heavy metal versions as well floating around if that's your style.

It's many people's favorite theme from the series, so it shouldn't be too hard to find stuff.

how can Ridley be a clone of Bowser?! they are completely different!!!
Maybe he's like the guy near the beginning of this thread who thought Ridley was Kraid.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
reminds me of all the people who say DS would be a samus clone
At least Samus and DS have similar builds (DS being Ol' Prime plus Samus's old phazon suit), so it would be possible!. But, Ridley and Bowser?! Exactly WHAT similarities do they have? That thay both have scales? Because it certainly doesn't go much further than that!

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Bowser and ridley similaritys

Flame
Eyes
Teeth
Claws
Enemies
Male sexual organs(dont ask)
Hight
Tails

and thats about it
And even half of those are nothing alike.

Flame: Okay, yeah, Ridley can shoot fireballs in super metroid, Bowser has been seen shooting fireballs in Super Mario bros.
Eyes: Bwuh?! Let's compare:

Ridley's eyes
Bowser's eyes

Care to explain the similarities, except that they're both located in their heads and used to see? :p

Teeth: Both being carnivorous reptiles, it only makes sense that both have pointy teeth. Okay.
Claws: Yeah, exactly the same. After all, the muscular arms of Bowser, designed for crushing, and the skinny and agile limbs of Ridley, made for grappling, are pretty much the same and would probably be used in much the same way.
Enemies: ...a fat italian plumber versus the galaxy's most lethal bounty hunter. Yeah, right equal in this front.
Male: Are we even sure Ridley is what we understand by "male"? I at least know littlle about his physiology. I assume male because he's generally treated as a "he", but who knows.
Height: Well, they are big.
Tails: Surely you aren't comparing that short stump Bowser calls a tail with Ridley's prehensile (and sharp, and probably main means of offense) appendix?

So, all in all, it's not just that Ridley doesn't deserve to be cloned off Bowser... is that he can't. Hell, Mewtwo would be a better place to clone, he at least has the tailswipes! :laugh:

silver777

Smash Champion
Well, for one, the SSBM one is pretty dang good. ocremix.org has one, Samus Strut, which is also good (though less strict to the original). I'm pretty sure there are heavy metal versions as well floating around if that's your style.

It's many people's favorite theme from the series, so it shouldn't be too hard to find stuff.

no heavy metal please:urg: i don't like that kind of stuff.

the SSBM one is ...IDK.... not that impressive... i want one that is very calm (i don't like the tune to move too fast) and mostly piano played.;)

played slow is my type:lick:

Kraid FTW!!!........oh......OH! I mean Ridley!!!!!:grin:

the grim lizard

Smash Master
the SSBM one is ...IDK.... not that impressive... i want one that is very calm (i don't like the tune to move too fast) and mostly piano played.;)

played slow is my type:lick:
Slow play is good for easy listening but it's not good for a fast-paced fighting game's background music.

silver777

Smash Champion

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
this song loses its dark mysterious brooding edge when played so fast. BTW I realise it's quite fast on the NES but on piano it's more effective when played slower.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B2xC8QoE0I

Kraid had such beautiful lair music......
You should listen to the Norfair music or the Brinstar theme. Those are pretty good, too. I'll give you a link in a second.

Red Brinstar/Tallon Overworld Theme

Norfair Theme

Maridia/Space Pirate Wreckage (Metroid Prime) Theme

Brinstar Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom