• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BlueScreen Monthlies - PROJECT M - $1 Venue Fee! - April 27th, 2013 - Piscataway, NJ

NNID
dansalvato
IE and Ish Present:
March 30, 2013
196 Davidson Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854
(Nichols Apts. #1)
Project M Exclusive!

Past Results/Videos

BSM2 - March 30, 2013

About

Doors open: 12:00pm
Singles starts: 3:00pm

If you live in NJ, you may have noticed that the Project M scene is a little...nonexistent. No more! We'll be hosting monthly Project M tournaments at Rutgers University, bringing together the best of NJ and NY to battle it out in the ultimate Smash game!
The event will be streamed on my Twitch channel, so don't miss out on the action even if you can't make it!

Rules:

Disclaimer on Discriminatory Behavior

Starter Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Skyloft
Green Hill Zone
WarioWare

Counterpick Stages
Everything on Page 1 except:
SSE Jungle

Ruleset
  1. Players select ports. If either player requests, RPS will be played to determine who selects first.
  2. Players select characters. If either player requests, characters will be selected blindly with help of a TO.
  3. Players strike stages. RPS is played to determine who strikes first. Strike in this order: 1-2-2-1
  4. The match is played.
  5. Winner of the match bans 3 stages. These stages are banned for the next match only.
  6. Loser of the match counterpicks 2 stages.
  7. Winner selects 1 of the 2 counterpicked stages.
  8. Winner selects character. Then, loser selects character.
  9. The match is played.
  10. Repeat steps 5 through 9 until the set is complete.
Other Rules in Effect
DSR: A player may not counterpick a stage on which he/she has already won in the set.
Gentleman's Rule: Normal stage selection may be bypassed if both players agree upon a single legal or non-legal stage.

Venue/Parking:

Venue Fee: $1
Singles Entry: $5

The tournament will be held at IE's apartment. Here is the full apartment name:
Nichols Apartments
Room 1
The address listed may take you short of the destination. Once you are on Davidson Road, keep driving until you reach the end of the road. The key "landmark" is a very, very sharp left bend with a beat-up railing along the right side of the road. Drive past that until there is a stop sign in front of you. The parking lot is the last parking lot on the right before the stop sign.

Parking
Parking is NOT FREE. Visitor parking costs $5 for the entire day (pretty good!), and if you carpool this amounts to almost nothing. We will soon include a web form with which you will fill out your information. We will then buy the visitor permit for you, and the $5 will be added to your venue fee. To ensure we don't buy you a permit when you later decide not to come, we will buy the permit after your attendance is confirmed on the day of the tournament.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'm really hoping for a good turnout here, NJ P:M players where you at?

As far as food goes, for those who are interested in showing up: it's on college campus so there are a bunch of places you can order food from (Chinese/Japanese/pizza/FAT SANDWICHES etc), and they're reasonably priced overall.

:059:

P0wderedM1lkMan

Smash Rookie
Is there a player cap? Also would you add me to the Facebook groups?! I too fancy smash and live in NJ.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
No player cap. Doubles will be determined at the venue, if we have enough people interested we can set something up with ease.

:phone:

GU$

Smash Rookie
me and one or two of my friends may attend do you need set ups or anything we could bring at least 1 full set up

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
me and one or two of my friends may attend do you need set ups or anything we could bring at least 1 full set up
I'm glad we'll be seeing you again Gus, as I'll be bringing along my friends as well. :) GGs at Smashacre.

GU$

Smash Rookie
I'm glad we'll be seeing you again Gus, as I'll be bringing along my friends as well. :) GGs at Smashacre.
awesome man i thought the same thing when i saw you say you may go itll be fun to play some pm with you guys.

NNID
dansalvato
Disclaimer: My local friends and Smash group are all nice, considerate, respectful people. Anybody who intentionally makes hateful remarks toward a specific race, gender, orientation, religion, whatever, may be asked to leave. Some people are sensitive to such remarks, and I aim for an environment in which everybody is comfortable.

This includes the usage of the words "gay" and "f****t" in a negative connotation. If these words are (for some reason) part of your standard vernacular and you accidentally slip once, that is understandable. In this case, please consider making minor adjustments to your vocabulary. Anyway, repeated, intentional offenses will not be tolerated.

I believe the Smash community is respectful and welcoming to all people. Please help prove this to be the case!

NNID
dansalvato
Next tournament is on the 30th!

Uh, is it possible to edit this event, or do I need to create a whole new thread?

GuruKid

Smash Ace
30th... of March? Yikes that's short notice but I can try to get that day available.

And you should be able to edit the original post to change the date. I see other TO's do that all the time.

NNID
dansalvato
I don't seem to be given that option when selecting to edit the post. I'm only able to edit the contents of the post itself and not the date/time details attached.

Also, sorry for the short notice, I've been largely inactive in the Smash community and I forgot to update this post.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I told you to update this event like two weeks ago lol. Guess I'll just do it myself next time since I'm here a lot more often :p

Edited the event date. March 30th! Sorry for the short notice everyone, hopefully it's not an inconvenience. Same setup/rules as last time.

NNID
dansalvato
We definitely need Wiis with PM, or at least Brawl. TVs are less important but if it's not a hassle then you might as well bring one. Please bring Wiis, though!

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
I may be in attendance, I can bring a wii, but I don't have a sensor bar so I'm coming in clutch with the candle and lighter setup

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
So wait, which one is the venue, the place in the map (Rutgers) or the place in the desciption/OP (Piscataway)?

P0wderedM1lkMan

Smash Rookie
Look at the map at point B. The nichols apartment somewhere to the left and up. Zoom in some and use satellite view.

NNID
dansalvato
Ugh...it seems Twitch has once again banned Rutgers University IP addresses. I might not be able to stream, but if that's the case then I will definitely record matches and post them later. Keep an eye out in case I find a workaround.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I will be on Busch in about an hour so I should most likely be stopping by as long as my crew Leap of Faith wants to come along.

P0wderedM1lkMan

Smash Rookie
Any of you guys going to smashacre? I'm bringing a couple of PM setups since I couldn't get my PM fix here. I wish I could have come

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Results plz! Heard my boy Nakat did well.

I'll be eventually hosting Project M at some of my events this summer. Glad to see there is a scene which makes hosting it worth it.

Top Bottom