• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Results and Shoutouts

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Thanks for coming, everyone. For those of you who were hoping to watch from home, I'm sorry. We weren't allowed to stream because the official Apex streams were under a contract with the understanding that they would be the only ones streaming Apex content. It was the result of a business deal rather than not having internet access. Regardless, we got a ton of great matches recorded and I can't wait to go back and watch them!

The special announcement, in case you missed it, was that cmu6eh donated a whopping $500 to the pot!

(please help me fill in characters used)

1v1 Tournament:

1: Kikoushi ($730.00) :kirby64:
2: Isai ($292.00) :mario64:
3: SuPeRbOoMfAn ($175.20) :falcon64: :fox64: :pikachu64:
4: Ruoka Danchon ($102.20) :falcon64: :luigi64:
5: JaimeHR ($69.35) :fox64: :falcon64: :samus64:
6: Sensei ($43.80) :pikachu64: :fox64: :falcon64:
7: Kefit ($29.20) :pikachu64:
8: Nangoku ($18.25) :ness64:
9: Firo :ness64: :fox64:
9: Nintendude :mario64:
9: YBOMBB :jigglypuff64: :dk64: :yoshi64:
9: SheerMadness :yoshi64:
13: ballin4life :falcon64: :fox64:
13: b-rex :fox64:
13: m3gav01t :falcon64:
13: Banze :pikachu64:
17: battlecow :pikachu64:
17: Rumbly :pikachu64:
17: Ceasar :mario64:
17: KeroKeroppi :pikachu64:
17: Han Solo :fox64:
17: Dark Link -X-
17: I LOVE SMASH :dk64:
17: oxolane :jigglypuff64:
25: madrush :fox64:
25: Valoem :pikachu64:
25: ShadeMoneh :fox64: :falcon64:
25: TANK :fox64:
25: Jimmy Joe :jigglypuff64:
25: KnitePhox :fox64:
25: [MGFC] Chain-Ace :fox64:
25: Vex Kasrani
33: cmu6eh
33: Wizzrobe
33: GS-DJFliphop :ness64: :falcon64:
33: SA-in-NE :jigglypuff64:
33: Komotonoto
33: faceCHEEKwall
33: Bladewise
33: Tony
33: Black Cats31
33: KMaD64
33: Cobrevolution
33: SkyFire
33: Combo Blaze
33: Stranded
33: KoRoBeNiKi
33: Weedwack :ness64:
49: low-tier-or-no-tier
49: Danconia
49: Eikelmann
49: Jel
49: HaZarD2kv
49: Jered
49: Eggcelsior!
49: Zwarm
49: [ttc] [IBC] | TO Joe
49: Kuraudo
49: runtmc
49: vVv Rapture
49: Apple
49: Gunblade
49: HammerTime
49: hectorhertz
65: Bred
65: Rayzor
65: Rich Brown
65: USCTrojanTB
65: Orange
65: Sweet
65: GTZ
65: ook
65: Deano
65: Myztek
65: Cookie Monster
65: Smokey Bluntz
65: Kenny
65: GINGTASTIC
65: Dice
65: Triptych
65: Bobbo
65: pidgezero_one :kirby64: :jigglypuff64:
65: Tearbear
65: Rami Jackson
65: SmashAssassin
65: Shaolinblunts
65: ezeffort
65: Sonofabeast
65: DeAnMoNeY540
65: kpkoopa
65: shyguy88
65: jeffboy
65: Ya Dad
65: BOSSMAN
65: Maliki
65: Sandman

[collapse="1v1 bracket"]

[/collapse]

2v2 Tournament:

1: Isai and Nintendude ($88.00)
2: SuPeRbOoMfAn and JaimeHR ($48.00)
3: Ruoka Danchon and Kikoushi ($16.00)
4: Banze and oxolane ($8.00)
5: Han Solo and Rumbly
5: Firo and I LOVE SMASH
7: Nangoku and madrush
7: KnitePhox and Combo Blaze
9: Carroll and Sweet
9: Blackcats31 and AIR
9: cmu6eh and Dice
9: low-tier-or-no-tier and faceCHEEKwall
13: Captain Smuckers and Dirty Deeds
13: SmashAssassin and GINGTASTIC
13: Deano and Bobbo
13: Bred and Smokey Bluntz
[collapse="2v2 bracket"]

[/collapse]

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
major props to everyone who came out. i'm content with my 33rd. i got some good company - chris, koro, combo, blem, komo.

real talk, though, this was a great experience.
a thank you to chris for convincing me to register and always playing with me.
huge thanks to nintendude and chain ace for organizing this. must've been stressful. they deserve one gigantic ovation.
shout out to tank's suit.
jimmy joe is one cool dude.
i don't think i enjoy watching anyone play more than jerry. can we just have a player cam video of purely jerry's facial expressions?
playing joe's falcon for the past few months has made me play better against falcons.
really glad to have met ballin, he's a sweet guy, easy to talk to. same with dark link.

i enjoyed bull****ting with dudes on the side during friendlies more than i did playing tournament matches.

the only thing i'm sour over is knowing a bunch of cartridges and wires got jacked. it really blows.

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
I played only DK. This was probably the best smash 64 tournament ever. Next year we got to get Peru out here. Wish I could have stayed till sunday. Clubba where were you?

Had a fun time playing ffa and teams with low-tier and face. The high stakes monopoly-money match with battlecow was fun. When I played the Japanese in the tournament I used my (j) version and their reaction was pretty funny each time. I was unable to communicate to them that I actually work in the city where they live like every other year; I think they now think I'm going to their tournament in March.

Getting beat by the younglings in friendlies was cool. (Malikai - Get a job and buy a hori pad before I collect them all.)

Best part: Seeing boom's controller literally fly out of his hands while trying to DI in the (j) version. Funniest stock loss I have ever seen.

Worst part: Explaining cmubeh = steven to everyone. http://translate.google.com/#ru/en/Сти́вен I guess I messed it up by putting a 6 in there. So its more like cmu6eh = steben. I'll be using a different gamertag in tournaments from now on.

I ate a fat sandwich that was wrapped in a pizza. 'Merica. I also won a $20 bet that the Japanese would win. Last thought: the couple times I talked to Malva were interesting; he reminds me of the oldschool gamer Thor Aackerlund.

M!nt

Smash Champion
cmubeh got that $$

also how the hell did I LOVE SMASH get 17th

not hatin
well maybe a little

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
My shoutouts

Alex Strife: Thanks again for hosting one of the best SSB Tournaments ever and uping the cap :)

Kikoushi: Man what a good Kibby you have sad I did not get to play you

Isai: Nice to see you again and play some games. PM me when you want the videos of you vs Kikoushi

SuPeRbOoMfAn: Nice seeing you again. Cool we got to play some DK dittos I think my DK got a bit better from the last time I played ya :)

JaimeHR: It was cool talking with ya for a bit. Sad I did not play you any games this year :(

Sensei: You remind me of playing Vs Kefit alot lol. GGS I hope to one day be able to take games from you and kefits best. But I need alot of training and the mind set to do so :p

Kefit: Thanks for going with me to this event. Its time to train me to be as good as you :p this will take time but we got a year to do so until next apex so lets do it.

Firo: I did not get to play you this year to see if I got any better from one year ago. When I get to play you again on N64 it will be two years lol

Nintendude: You are one of the best TO's ever. Thanks again for hosting this and playing some games with me. Do you think I got better from the last time I played ya?

SheerMadness: I dont even think I got to play you, but it was cool to meet you and talk. Hope you make it out again for the next apex

ballin4life: It was cool to meet you and play games with you. Your really good and know combos really well.

b-rex: I was happy to see that you could make this event. It was alot of fun playing you again after two years. I do hope to see you again someday

m3gav01t: Cool seeing you again and thanks so much for helping us get to the smash fest and leting us use your parking GGS.

Banze: I did not get to play you but it was cool to meet you and talk with you :)

battlecow: It was nice to meet you and play games with you :) GG

Valoem: Man are games where neck and neck when we played it was alot of fun and I hope to play you more next year :)

TANK: It was cool meeting you sad I did not play any games with you :(

Jimmy Joe: Sorry I did not get to play you this year but it was nice to see you again :)

KnitePhox: Sorry I did not get to play you this year but it was nice to see you again :)

Bladewise: Nice to see you play some SSB. Hope to play you more back at home in WA.

Stranded: It was cool talking with ya and meeting you. GGS

I may do more shoutouts later. Look out for some pics that I have that I will post and also keep a eye on my youtube for videos :)

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
I blew my Apex 2013 load as soon as I got back home from the event, but this appears to be a better thread for it so I'll just copy my tourny recap and shoutouts here:

Tuesday/Wednesday:
Start feeling sick at work on Tuesday morning. Think "no, this can't be happening. Apexxxxxxxxxxxx" Go home at noon. Vomit for eight hours straight. Unable to keep fluids down for 18 hours. In intense abdominal pain. Decide at 4:00am (after being up since 6:30am, unable to sleep from delirium and pain) to go to ER and get treatment in the hope it will enable me to get my flight on Thursday morning. It works. Get home at 7:00am. Proceed to sleep 16 hours in two shifts before leaving for the airport at 6:30am on Thursday morning.

Thursday:
Still feeling weak and sore, but I'm definitely recovering. Get into EWR at 5:00ish. Get my car, check into hotel, eat, and track down the smashfest. Megavolt helps me parallel park because holy **** I suck at it. Embarrass myself by failing to recognize Nintendude because I'm awful with faces and names. Notice at smashfest that I'm RUSTY AS BALLS. Get convinced that I've lost my edge completely and that the tournament is going to suck for me.

Friday:
Wake up feeling good physically but ****ty about my potential for the day. Shower is broken in hotel room, but we get that resolved. Get to venue at 1:30pm and eat a 6" Subway sandwich for breakfast/lunch (this will be important later).

Tournament starts, I'm not playing well. I start straight out telling people "I suck now" haha. But between matches I do nothing but play endless games with Boom and Banze. By round three or four the rust starts to come off - I start trading games with Banze and getting Boom to 1-2 stocks. And I keep getting better and better as the day/night goes on.

Round 1: Bye.
Round 2: Don't remember sorry :<
Round 3: ShadeMoneh I think? Decent Fox.

Round 4: YBOMBB. Never played him before. Wasn't ready for a great Jiggles. Really good player, but thanks to my constant grinding with Boom and Banze I "woke up" partway through the match and eked out a narrow 2-1 victory. Start feeling good about the tournament! Also, this is where my matches start getting commentary.

Round 5: Kikoushi. He strikes Hyrule. I'm too scared to go to Congo, so i strike it and we go to Dreamland. Probably a mistake. Get annihilated game one. Game two we go to Hyrule. I can actually do things to him there, haha. Still lose of course, but not before getting a few stocks off him. Off to the losers!

Losers 1: Nintendude. Serious competition already in the losers? Man this tournament is dense with talent. Close games one and two, but I run away with it game three.

Losers 2: Sensei. STORY TIME
Get called up to the commentary setup out of the blue for this match. It's like 10:30 and I realize I haven't eaten anything at all that day except for the 6" sub at 1:30. Run downstairs to grab a quick snack. The only thing I can find that's quick enough for the situation is Subway cookies. I have to buy six to meet the credit card minimum purchase, so random people got free cookies!. By the time I get back another match is happening on the commentary TV. I think it was Jaime vs Nangoku. But Nintendude pushes Sensei and me to have our match on a non-commentary TV due to time concerns. So sadly you guys don't get commentary for this match. Blame Nintendude >:|.

But seriously don't sweat it because. Well. Man I hope you guys liked what we did at Apex 2012 because that's what happened here. Except Sensei wins a narrow victory on a 2-1 set this time around. Actually game two was on Dreamland and pretty awesome I think, with a hilarious ending. So watch that. Game three probably shouldn't be watched by human beings.

Tiebreaker for 7th: Nangoku.
Extremely impressed with this guy's Ness throughout the day. Annihilated by him earlier before I got my spark back, to the extent that I was damn surprised when I learned Jaime knocked him out of losers. Thought I was doomed. But he struck Congo, so we went Hyrule -> Dreamland -> Hyrule. He played Ness for all three games. Lots of craziness going on in the Hyrule games, but I got creamed on Dreamland lol (though I was able to take games from his Ness on Dreamland in later friendlies). I pull out a narrow victory and can hardly believe it. Sadly this match didn't get commentary because doubles was already well underway by the time it occurred. A shame, since I think I played better during it than at any other time at Apex. I hope you guys are willing to overlook this lack of commentary and watch the matches anyway! Nangoku's Ness also deserves to be seen of course. Maybe I can convince Battlecow to produce some post commentary for this match, cause it deserves it (and his post commentary for my old match with Isai was quite good).

Spend the rest of the night playing Banze I think. **** yeah. Have I mentioned how awesome playing Banze is? Awesome guy, great player (we traded games endlessly). He got knocked out too early because the loser's bracket ended up a bit lopsided. My endless games with him were one of the highlights of my Apex experience. He's super, super fun to play. I hope I get the chance to play him again some day.

Also get some games in with Valeom and Battlecow. Valeom kept getting better the more he played me, it kind of worried me haha.

Sunday
Play endless games with Ruoka. He mostly uses his totally baller DK and we trade a bunch of games. I don't think I ever got to face his top character(s?) though :<. Move to ****ing around on JP version SSB64 with Sheer and Nangoku for a long time. Start to feel shakey as the day goes on, but manage not to lose it until close to leaving. A nice change from 2012, where I was basically spiritually dead the entire day after the tournament.

Leave feeling awesome, manage to get to airport...eventually, after getting lost trying to find the car rental place for a half hour. Catch flight stressed out but otherwise fine.

Player shoutouts:
- Nintendude, for putting this together and giving so much of his time and energy into putting this thing together and making it happen. Super ultra awesome.
- Battlecow: Dude the commentary I could hear was awesome. Now I'm going to have to rewatch all the matches to actually hear it for real. We need to get that stuff up on speakers next time.
- Jel, for keeping me in the SSB64 world between major events, convincing me to go to these things, and accompanying me on these trips. Guy might have more love for this game than me at all times other than major Smash events.
- Megavolt: Helped a lot in getting Jel and I to the smashfest and venue. Holy **** dude get a wider driveway. Hopefully next time we have more of a chance to actually play each other.
- Sensei: We're gonna need a rematch rematch!
- Sheer: Finally got to prove that he's up there with me/Sensei/Jaime in real Smash. Yoshi's always such a weirdo to play against.
- Banze: See above. Also up there with me/Sensei/Jaime.
- Jaime: Pro Samus counterpick is just as effective in 2013. Always love playing against you, it's so chill yet pro level gameplay. Didn't get enough games with you this year because there were so many new faces to play.
- Nangoku and Ruoka: Playing the Japanese is so fun. It's a really high technical and mental level gameplay that somehow feels more "honest" than most western players, if that makes any sense. I think they've got the right idea with the Dreamland only thing. I really hope I get the chance to play Japan again some day.
- Kikoushi: Mentioned separately because he's on another level. By which I mean he's too damn good and I couldn't have the same kinds of games with him as I could Ruoka and Nangoku, haha. At first I was a little bummed that Isai lost to him, but seeing Kikoushi's reaction to victory...man, it couldn't have been any other way.
- Boom: Nothing like sitting in the center front row watching grand finals and alternatively discussing the games (move choices, tactics, etc) and screaming with him in the fashion only the two of us can pull off. And also all the great matches with him. I miss Boom living close enough to me get 2 frames of delay online :<
- Isai: Still the same old monster. Offered to train me for my Kikoushi match by using his Kirby. That didn't go well. And you just gotta see his reaction to the grand finals conclusion.
- I may have forgotten someone. I'll be sure to edit names in if I remember anything else.

All in all a super awesome amazing ultra tournament. I'm thinking this experience ranks up there with the best weekends in my life. Is there any way Apex 2014 can meet it or even top it? I sure hope so!

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
1/4/8 Kikoushi, Ruoka, and Nangoku
You'll probably never see this, but you guys are sooooooooo good. I can't believe how stupid I was in underestimating Japan. I loved how every time I did something cool with my Fox shine you guys went "OOOOOOOHHHHH".

2: Isai
Thanks so much for that one 10-stock match. It meant a lot. I wish we played more, but now I know that I need to play online to get on your level (well, at least not be light years away).

3: SuPeRbOoMfAn
I wish we played friendlies, but you really humbled me with your Puff in our MM. Your matches versus Kikoushi and Ruoka were some of my favorite of the tourney.

5: JaimeHR
Dude...dude...I broke your shield with shine. That was the greatest thing I've ever done in smash (maybe my life). I can't believe I won our one match.

6: Sensei
I really wanted to play you. Next apex.

7: Kefit
We were at the same TV with Banze, but we never played. I think I had to go play teams or something. I wish we played.

9: Firo
How did you lose against Sensei? You broke my heart. You were on FIRE during our MM too. wtf

9: Nintendude
I thought I had you in our MM, man. I was super confident game 1, but after that, you wrecked me. I really, really need to learn how to play on Congo. You had my number. Awesome job running the tourney too.

9: YBOMBB
I really wanted to play your Puff.

9: SheerMadness
Sheer, you're the chillest smasher in the world. Your Yoshi is unbelievable. I couldn't touch it at all with my Fox. During and after our matches you were constantly giving me advice when I did something badly or praise when I did something well. And you're so awesome to watch. I need to play online to understand the Yoshi matchup because I have no idea what I'm doing. We had a number of friendlies and our MM, but I wish we played a ton more.

13: ballin4life
We only played like 3 friendlies, and we never got our MMs in. I thought we'd play for hours and hours. =(

13: b-rex
I was surprised at how good you were, man. We only played like what, 3-4 times? Both times we sat down to play, one of us had to go do something else. We needed to play hours more.

13: m3gav01t
I got a quarter chub every time you megavolt'd me. No lie. You wrecked me in tourney. I thought I had you, but every time you grabbed me, you did NOT drop the combo, and the stock was over.

13: Banze
I can't believe how amazing you were. I was blown away. You also happen to be one of the nicest guys I have ever met. If I get enough money, I'm definitely flying down to Brazil to smash it up against you and the best in Brazil

17: battlecow
Awesome car ride. I wish I could beat your pika on DL.

17: Rumbly
lol you suck

17: Ceasar
We only played one match. I wish we played more.

17: KeroKeroppi
Dude, surprise of the tourney for me. You were amazing. I'm honestly surprised I took a game from you. I should've CP'd back to Hyrule in our tourney set because you don't mess around on DL. I thought I knew how to win against pika on DL, but you single-handedly made me reevaluate that position. You also were the only witness to me breaking oxolane's shield I believe lol. Lastly, you have no idea how much it means to me that you said you watched my videos and said you loved my Fox. And then after the tourney, you said I was one of the hardest Foxes you've ever played (or something to that effect). I'm so sorry that we didn't play friendlies. The times you asked me I had already asked someone else for a MM or friendlies. I can't wait to see how much you improve at Apex 2014.

17: Han Solo
You're a terrible excuse for a smasher.

17: oxolane
Dude, I broke your shield too lol. I think you were probably the player I played second most the entire tourney. We probably played like 2 or 3 hours total. Work on that Puff-Fox matchup, and you'll be golden.

25: Valoem
Thanks for the "hardest Fox to edgeguard" status you gave me. That's a part of my game that I always try to advance. We had some awesome Pika v Fox matches.

25: TANK
What happened to friendlies? =/

25: Jimmy Joe
Awesome set in tourney man. It went down to last stock, and I think I accidentally fsmashed for the win or something ridiculous. You're a great guy for getting housing for all those guys.

25: KnitePhox
Dude, you're the best at everything. Thanks for trying to fix my cart. Awesome car ride. I can say so much, but I don't even know where to start.

25: [MGFC] Chain-Ace
I can't believe I lost our MM, man. After I went up 2-0, you stepped up, and I stepped down. Great work.

lol you're the best. I don't even know what to say.

You were my first apex set, and it was awesome.

Our teams tourney matches were pretty good.

Dude, I know you only started a few months ago, but you're not bad. Keep playing the game. Play online like I'm going to do. You'll be great in no time.

How come you didn't want to be recorded? I had some awesome combos on you =) But seriously, you're really good, and I hope for the best out of you guys.

Your falcon is wicked. You do things that I wish I could do. Things I dream of doing. Awesome car ride, and I'll play you again soon.

You are the little brother I never had and always wanted. You're my favorite smasher in the world, and I hope you become infinity better than Isai. You know your tent combos to a tee and your Hyrule Fox is soooooo good, but you need to work on DL (lol get 4-stocked every time), but seriously, if I was as good as you at your age, I'd be one of the best in the world now. I can't wait to play you again. I'm sorry we didn't get to play on Sunday. I was at the venue for 20 minute or so, but I had to leave early to drive home. I got back in IL at 4am.

33: Weedwack
Seriously the best person in the world. Free housing? Come on. Stop being so great. You have a pretty good Ness too, and I love how you "suffer" for your character. I do too (except Fox is awesome).

OMG Clubba, how could I forget our 20-30 friendlies? You were great at every character, man. I wish I loved characters other than Fox. I remember watching your match on youtube against Isai at Apex 2012, and I said to myself something like, "This guys a chump. I'm better than him" so I was pleasantly surprised to find out you were so good and you wrecked me with pikachu. I wish you had entered the tourney.

If I'm missing anyone, I'm sorry. I will make an addendum.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Just woke up from a 9 hour nap after getting home from the airport. Still dead tired though. I don't usually like writing out individual shout outs due to possibly accidentally forgetting people but I'll make an exception here.

1. Japanese smashers: They seemed like they were having a lot of fun and I enjoyed seeing that. Unfortunately none of us could communicate with them well due to the language barrier but it was awesome having them there. I only played like 2 games with Kikoushi and Ruoka. Kikoushi pwned me and Ruoka beat me twice in close games.

I did have a long session with Nangoku early friday though. It was really fun. He seemed like the most enthusiastic of the three Japanese players. I'm pretty sure I was one of the first people he played and he seemed really excited that I was breaking his shield every match, like I'm sure he does to everyone. He initially struggled with my Yoshi but adapted and we were pretty much going back and forth eventually. I tried to tell him I learned everything from Prince and Sossi, not sure he understood me though lol.

2. Isai: Good to see you again buddy. Your set with Kikoushi was really fun to watch. You stuck to your Mario guns which is repectable. Seeing someone just play for fun instead of money is refreshing. I think most of us would have sold out and went with Pika (if we had good Pikas) and tried for that $700. Also good to see you get really into those melee finals.

3. Boom: Nice to meet you after knowing you since what like 2005? I remember when you were like 14 and would always AIM me lol. I thought you did really well vs Kikoushi. If you had gotten another set with him you probably could have taken him out. My fault for not playing more friendlies. Oh and **** you and your crew battle Kirby!! =]

5. Jaime: Nice to finally meet you novato. You had some really funny one liners during the hotel crew battle. You pwned me in the bracket. I felt like I was really impatient vs you, which is the ultimate death sentence since you're one of the most patient players out there.

6. Sensei: Again, great to meet someone I'd played online with since 2005. I knew you were gonna pull Pika vs me, which is what I was afraid of. Your Pika definitely understands Yoshi more than almost everyone elses. The melee matches were fun too. Your Falco is so much more consistent than mine.

Ok I got in over my head here. Way too tired to even get close to finishing. I'll get the rest of you guys tomorrow!

ballin4life

Smash Hero
really glad to have met ballin, he's a sweet guy, easy to talk to. same with dark link.
thanks again for the housing and for being a super cool guy

13: ballin4life
We only played like 3 friendlies, and we never got our MMs in. I thought we'd play for hours and hours. =(
my bad, I didn't really realize I was leaving for good Saturday afternoon. we should have played our MM on that Friday night (although I was scared because you were pwning me lol). Next time though!

I'm in England now ... might do belated shoutouts when I get back in a week.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't think I have the patience to shout out everyone in a 2nd post so I'm just gonna do it in parts. I'll do it by placings.

7. Kefit: Good placing again man. Nice playing you too. You're gonna need to play online to get Yoshi experience though lol.

9. Firo: I didn't even figure out who you were until you played Sensei. Don't think we played at all. I kind of put online regulars on the back burner since we play all the time. My bad. Good placing though and thnx again for the server the past 3 years!

9. Nintendude: Thnx for running the tournament buddy. I remember someone saying in the past that you're one of those people that everyone likes. I agree with that analysis. Great meeting you and congrats on top 10.

9. YBOMBB: I didn't even figure out who you were until like Saturday or Sunday. I sat down to play some friendlies with you Sunday night but after one game you got up and walked away. Just like you do in online singles lolol. Oh well. Good job on top 10.

9. Sheer: Sup bud. Stay patient.

13. ballin4life: Don't think we played at all. Didn't figure out who you were until late Friday then you were gone most of the weekend after that. Nice talking to you after we went to Subway though.

13. b-rex: We had some solid friendlies. You're really good for never playing online.

13. m3gav01t: Didn't play much but hung out some. You seem like a really chill and friendly guy. You and weedwack held it down for the smash community by housing so many people.

13. banze: Even better than expected. I totally mixed you and cabelo up in the videos, thought you were the one with long hair. I think you had a crucial suicide on game 3 of our bracket match, I felt bad about that. But we had a lot of great friendlies. You're pretty darn good at the Yoshi match up despite your lack of experience. Really friendly guy too, it was awesome playing and talking with you all weekend.

----

Alright I'll start at 17th place later.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Disappointed with my performance of course but the tournament was so much fun that I almost don't mind. Had a blast commentating and it was great meeting everyone. Thanks to Alex Strife for a truly great tourney.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I'll probably miss someone or some people, oh well...if i remember or someone reminds me, ill mention them in an edit. GGS TO ALL.

ALEX STRIFE - THANKS FOR EVERYTHING MAN, the cap raises mostly, haha; and of course, hosting a tourney you didn't have to in the first place. i'm sure you've helped the ssb64 community start growing console-wise even though no one sees it yet. TOO BEST!

MadRush - GGS and sorry you didn't get to sleep on a bed. falcon codes in hotel room were TOO fun! we gotta play online if you already do, and if you don't you gotta start. GGS in doubles and hope you learned about greasing sticks to help others do the same.

SkyFire - good **** on the vast improvement, don't stop training man. really good tourney matches vs you. those friendlies sessions were too good, i hope you learned, decently at least, how to grease a control stick so you can help other people out too(Phillips #0 for regular and #00 for smaller screws FYI); imo, knowledge hoarded is knowledge wasted.

Kero - ggs dude, you've gotten so much better since last year. i dunno what you do or how you train but don't stop and you'll all be godly soon.

Clubba - nice to see you again, gunna have to give TSwift songs a shot now...lol tank's expression @ 7-11... i hope we play in the future more dude and god ****ing damn that yoshi vs luigi matchup...ROFL.

Jimmy Joe - the man of the weekend, making so much awesome **** happen just for getting those hotel rooms, good **** man and thanks so much for all the driving and whatnot helping everyone outside of the game as much as you did. we had a few games i think and i don't remember who won but i'm sure they were fun. DERP KICK QUADS!-only at JJ's hotel room, PWNED!

*** Vwls - ROFL funny/good username. gj in our falcon dittos, those were too fun. you should get a 64 adapter, drop that ps3 **** so you can easily transition to console. just grease the stick up and you'll be good. nice to meet you in person and ****. GGS

YBOMBB - cool to see you play on console and AMAZING match vs Kefit, sucks we didn't 1v1. teams was hella fun tho and GGS in that man. time to play more on server and ****.

m3gav01t - nice to see you again even though we didn't play; thanks again for last year's experience. just like kefit, i didn't play vs you but watching some matches between you and other players i won't forget for some time. you have the best ledge di i've ever seen anywhere and if you start playing online once in a while, you might play as DK, SAMUS, NESS and...i forget who else (ROFL) for one match...possibly.

B-Rex - TOO GOOD, ggs vs you and nice to play you again since genesis2. pretty insane how good you are for not playing online. your link is awesome and you should low tier mm people with it next tourney you attend; drag dookdigity next time too, haha

Jel - sucks we didn't get to play OR 20$ mm 12character battle, next tourney we are both at, ill raise it to a 40$mm. thanks for recording all that you did and next time i'll make sure my recording equipment works 100% as well

Kefit - AMAZING matches between you and Joe/Banze/Boom/YBOMBB unfortunately we didn't play this tourney, but i won't forget watching those matches in memory anytime soon. play more before the next tourney as to unrust early man, i think you can beat jaime. hope to see and play you at the next national

Weedwack - thanks too much for the housing and your ness suprised me man, good ****. grab an adapter and start playing online, you'll get good delay due to your proximity to the servers and GGS.

Ballin - we didn't play at all, and you'll probably never play online...damn i wanted to FOX ditto and stuffs. stay for longer if you come next year or if you go to genesis3(if it happens...) so you can play more, would-be-ggs

GINGTASTIC - thanks for taking us to the GREASE TRUCKS friday morning or whenever that was(FAT BEST), didn't get a chance to play vs you but if you get an adapter you can have some fun playing online and you'll get decent delay because of your location, TRY it out, DOOD.

Shade - Man, i thought you were HISPANIC...your skype voice tricked me hard. irl GGS and im sure we'll play more skype smash in the future

Firo - Thanks for server. ROFL WTF KICK and MARIO GET UP....on console..BEST. keep the memory card and hope those codes work out for you, but remember, you NEED a mem expansion, OR ELSE..

low-tier-or-no-tier - WTF man we didn't even play ONCE, *****. welp, we can at least play on kaillera...MORE...would-be-irl-ggs

Oxolane - every game i played vs you was a good one and always at least one suprise rest, too much fun and hope to play vs you and Banze in the future. you and Banze have teams communication and synergy like i havent seen before, it's very inspiring coming from someone who really enjoys teams

Banze - DAAAAMN too good! thanks for coming all the way out here to play some SSB and hope to see or play vs/with you in the future. you and oxolane are good at teams and our teaming was pretty good as well, despite never really playing with eachother; GGS!

Isai - didn't play you at all, d'oh. gald you didn't think OC consoles were FAKE and enjoyed playing on them.

Ruoka Danchon - never played even 1 game :( oh well

Nangoku - COOL playing teams vs you and ggs in the 1v1s

Kikoushi - nice job with all the "JAPANESE-KICK!" 's and winning the torueny. i hope you are secretly MATTS!

Dark Link - it was cool playing with one of those kaillera old schoolers you hear about but never ever see...IN PERSON. falcon dittos were too fun and don't expect to win another tournament match against me, but GGS all around and awesome teams friendlies with you; hope you come out to another apex again

BOSSMAN - those falcon quads with Dark Link and Combo were too fun, **** it, ALL the teams friendlies were too fun. i hope you have fun on that OC console and that it lasts and stays in great shape for you. GGS and we should play more on kaillera

bcow - hilarious stories in the car ride and just good general chat the whole time. thanks for the laptop friendlies and trying out your hori has made me gain intrest is getting one...hm.. good **** commentating too

Rumbly - i don't think we played all weekend even 1 match, i wanted to rematch those awesome link dittos from FC but....nothing happened, maybe next time.

Han Solo - what a standard beast this guy is for driving 13+hours solo(haha) and doing some shine sheild breaks on people; PLAY ONLINE!

ComboBlaze - FUN TEAMING WIF YU BRO, GGS AND ****. PASS, I'M OPEN! (swag)

Komotonotonotonotomato - eres gratis, nice killer di at the FAT TRUCKS

Jaime - ROFL QUOTES: "GOD MASTER KIRBY to the stream stage, GOD MASTER KIRBY to the stream stage please." "This controller does not pass inspection, you are now disqualified." "How come, EVERY ****ING TIME, I take a stock, and you're not playing, you TURN OFF THE ****ING CONSOLE! So ****ING convenient!"

Boom - Hey baby, here's some quotes: "You're holding up the bracket" "DAMN, pull out already!" "Everyone, say 'BEST!' "

Nintendude - good bracket set vs you, lots of fun. thanks for letting me try to revive my computer even though it didn't work out. ROFL @ you calling my cell asking for the OC consoles for TEAMS, too funny! great job seeding too, i think no one got super pwned by bracket.

Chain-Ace - Didn't play vs you at all this year, unfortunately; thanks for recording as much as you did and for helping host a great tourney. ...noteven1foxditto:(

Sheer - Your Ness isn't free. amazing set vs sensei, good **** and huge props. you were a great captain in crews, not even :troll:ing. should've played you more and i had the chance that one time but started greasing more controllers...****. 1 irl gg

TANK - we basically never played, sucks. good **** recording all the juicy stuff MINUS hotel LIVE COMMENTARY, woulda been cool but those last minute interviews were a great idea and more than made up for it. no games of S.M.A.S.H. either, was a cool concept and i wanted in...oh well. time to go to FL and actually play y'all

Sensei - hope that controller's quality lasts for ya, good job in tourney and we only played when i helped you test the controller, derp.

UNK - cool to finally meet you and TEAM COMBO some fools, get a 64 controller + adapter so you can play on point for console tournies, i'll sell you one of my controllers if you want so u can KNOW it will be good/greased etc.; your presence FORCED me to revive the iXi tag on kaillera

I LOVE SMASH - was a BLAST playing friendlies teams with and against you, with more console practice or picking up another character you can easily get better; SALT.

MATTS! - you better go next time; no, you don't need to try, PWNED

I didn't get a chance to play as many people as was originally planned, probably due to computer/joystick shenanigans, but maybe that was worth it...NOPE. :(

MY OC CONSOLES ARE BEST, i'd sell the service if anyone's interested. regardless if anyone wants to buy service or completed overclocked console or not, the next OVERCLOCK i do will be recorded and uploaded to youtube with explinations of how and why i do X thing, with as many details as i can think of during the video. i want OC consoles to be the tournament standard for teams in the future.

TANK64

Smash Lord
25: TANK
What happened to friendlies? =/
Sorry bro. You caught me at literally the worst time lol. But nice meeting you for like 40 seconds lol.

TANK - we basically never played, sucks. good **** recording all the juicy stuff MINUS hotel LIVE COMMENTARY, woulda been cool but those last minute interviews were a great idea and more than made up for it. no games of S.M.A.S.H. either, was a cool concept and i wanted in...oh well. time to go to FL and actually play y'all
Dude I was just thinking that I WISH we had recorded crowd reaction for the draft crews! Yeah idk if that kind of hype can translate through just game footage lol.

Also we really should have done more without GODMASTERKIRBY. Ya know, so people could actually play since we were literally tied in stock like the whole time before that.

Also wtffff at forgetting about S.M.A.S.H.!!! I would have pwnd all! Yeah I didn't play nearly everyone I wanted to. Especially people I've never played online. Makes me sad. Oh well. I still had a ****ing BLAST, but could have done so much more. /regrets ;___;

Hope to do better next year.

I STILL HAVE NEVER PLAYED ISAI !!!!!!! (or kefit)
True story.

Full shoutouts later.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Ballin - we didn't play at all, and you'll probably never play online...damn i wanted to FOX ditto and stuffs. stay for longer if you come next year or if you go to genesis3(if it happens...) so you can play more, would-be-ggs
just wanted to say you make me really really want to get a new gameshark (my old one doesn't work anymore). awesome codes man.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Wait so draft crews actually happened? Dammit! Next time I gotta make sure I can stay for the whole weekend, haha.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
congrats to kikoushi for taking first place!!

ive always said that japanese players would stomp the rest of the world, hopefully no more abuse from sk + bcow now

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Most fun I've had EVER. Thanks a lot to Alex Strife, Chain Ace, and Nintendude for hosting and running the tourny and for raising the cap!

Didn't play a lot of people but I'll try to get down what I can.

Clubba - You a cool dude m8. Funny stuff with that 7-11 moment, not sure if it was you that I played friendlies with or wut

Jimmy Joe - Same as what Knite said, thanks for everything, not sure if we played some games though :C

*** Vwls & low-tier-or-no-tier - I don't think I got to play you guys which I wanted to. Don't even think I knew who you guys were. :\

I LOVE SMASH, UNKNOWN, BOSSMAN - Coolest dudes around. Had the most fun playing teams with you guys. We'll continue this with skype smash later!

YBOMBB - good stuff, think we might've played a bit of teams

m3gav01t - I don't think I played you which I kinda wish I did. ;-;

B-Rex - ggs, good friendlies

Weedwack - thx4housing

Shade - good friendlies and fun teams! Hope to see you more online, ADD ME TO SKYPE

Firo - Nice seeing you again! We didn't play this time around, but maybe next time.

Oxolane & Banze - Cool guys. Got to play some friendlies and teams with you two and stuff.

Japan - Didn't play any of you guys except for Nangoku in teams. Was fun watching you guys play though!

Isai - Got to play two games with you thanks to my friend. Good stuff with the mario only for the tournament, made me want to bring back my mario.

SuPeRbOoMfAn - It was really nice meeting you in person! Funny d00d, had a blast hanging with you and Jaime IRL!

JaimeHR - Same as BOOM, was looking forward to meeting you two and glad I did. Thanks for those few friendlies too. xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

GODMASTER KIRBY - GG, YOU WERE TOO GOOD

TANK - cool dude, didn't play you but oh well

Sheer - Didn't play you either, but was cool watching you play your matches. BEST YOSHI

Chain-Ace - Good set! If we meet next time though in tourny, I promise I'll try for the win. >:]

Nintendude - you alright men, good job with running singles and dubs

Han Solo - You made a new fan when you shine broke Ox's shield. Also broke one on Jaime? Daaaaaamn.

Battlecow - ***** you have some strange obsession with chodes. :troll:

Rumbly - Those stories in the ride home were cool.

KnitePhox - Those OCs were ****ing amazing. If it wasn't for those I dunno if we'd have all these awesome team games. Sad things didn't go well with the laptop, but least you got to play more this year right?

Komotonoto - Dude your Yoshi is pretty legit man, we just gotta keep training it.

Here's a pic I took on Saturday night before we left! Enjoy. :v

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
First and foremost, colossal shout out to the apex 2013 TOs, especially Nintendude and Chain-Ace. You guys did an excellent job.

Chain-Ace you gotta make it to NB from time to time to play with me, jerry, joe, and rob. I don't believe we've actually played a single game.

Ballin, nice meeting you, GGS at my apartment. You pulled some crazy combos on me with fox, and those were some fun ness dittos.

Isai, so glad you made it. Super nice guy, pretty good at smash too.

SuperDanFan, fun hanging out and stuff. Couldn't really give you any good matches in smash, but there's always next year.

Sheer, thanks for all the encouragement. Means a lot. Be seeing you online.

Firo, those ness dittos may have been the most enjoyable matches i played all weekend. I love playing with people who are willing to laugh at the game and goof around with it. You showed me some cool ness technology, definitely going to try to integrate it into my game.

IL crew- nice meeting you all. Didn't get to talk too much, but you guys were all homies. GGS

Caesar- Man we were evenly matched. We didn't really talk but you seemed like a super nice dude. Looking forward to playing you again someday.

Clubba- cool kid, had a lot of fun playing you. Sorry i bailed in that standing set in the hotel, my brain ran out of smash sauce.

Skyfire- GGS dude, I will have my revenge one day.

Knitephox- We only played a few games and you were pretty distracted because you were helping skyfire with his controller or something. In fact, pretty sure you were helping someone with something the entire weekend. What a homie.

Jimmy Joe- Those Ness Puff matches were some of the most intense friendlies I played all weekend. GGs, and thanks for hosting the saturday night smeesh fest.

KMaD64- Fun matches friday night. Hope to see you around!

TANK- cool kid, GGS.

Jerry- Keep watching trailor park boys dingus

Rob- Fun going through this adventure with you.

Joe- you taught me the next level of spacing and gave me the confidence to enter the competitive scene.

Good **** everyone. Until we meet again,

May there always be smash, wherever you go.

Battlecow

Play to Win

ive always said that japanese players would stomp the rest of the world, hopefully no more abuse from sk + bcow now
lol Isai bodied em all boom bodied all but one and tacna would have bodied em all as well

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
LIST OF POSSIBLE NAMES(PWNED!):
Shade
Tank
Banze
Unknown
Jaime
Komotonoto
Clubba
I LOVE SMASH
KnitePhox
JimmyJoe
BOSSMAN
Oxolane
[COLLAPSE="SSB64 WHO'S WHO #1, EZ MODE."]
[/COLLAPSE]

IF YOU DIDN'T ATTEND, try and guess who's who by UN-collapsing the above picture then editing it and posting the new one or posting numbers to names like this

1.Player A
2.Player B
3.ETC.....

EZ MODE ROUND 1, FIGHT.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Great games guys. Made a pretty good run without touching the game for a while. I was Fliphop. Did anybody face me?

Where do you guys play online at?

:phone:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Great games guys. Made a pretty good run without touching the game for a while. I was Fliphop. Did anybody face me?

Where do you guys play online at?

:phone:
galaxy server, kaillera, project 64k

primetime is like 6pm+ east coast time every night and high population time is weekends about the same time

the link in my signature is pretty good if you have a computer that is like 2006 or newer

Yobolight

Smash Lord
1.?
2. Banze?, Jaime?, Oxolane?
3.?
4.?
5.?
6.?
7.?
8.?
9.?
10.?
11.?
12. Tank

The Star King

Smash Hero

No lie, this post makes me want to abuse you more, lol

If you think Kikoushi is better than Isai... yeah. No words.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Kaabiiwa kyarano nakade ichiban gei desu?

カービーはキャラの中で一番ゲイです。

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Will finish these later

First off, to Alex Strife, thank you. Much bigger shoutout in other thread, big enough to be maybe be collapsible. Specific shoutouts to the people I played in tournaments first:

Got two byes and faced these guys

Nice games, solid Fox like usual

25: madrush
Very good characters, nice Fox and Falcon, nice person, wish I didn't sd but oh well. No excuses here.
(just annoyed, lol)

65. Ya Dad: Good matches, solid characters

1v1 Tournament:

1: Kikoushi ($730.00) :kirby64:
I dislike playing bad Kirbies even. Played 1 match, never again. Joking aside, great job.
(damn puffball)

2: Isai ($292.00) :mario64:
Nice to see you as usual and you recognized me, wat. Playing you ages ago at a tournament was when I got into this game. Glad I did.

3: SuPeRbOoMfAn ($175.20) :falcon64: :fox64: :pikachu64:
Stop being so not weird
Come to Canada

4: Ruoka Danchon ($102.20) :falcon64: :luigi64:
Fun Friendlies. Really good Falcon and a really nice guy

5: JaimeHR ($69.35) :fox64: :falcon64:
Didn't get to play again, oh well. Good going in the tournament

6: Sensei ($43.80) :pikachu64: :fox64: :falcon64:
Nice talking to you by Subway. Nice job in the tournament.

7: Kefit ($29.20) :pikachu64:
Only watched, amazing pikachu as usual
(damn rat)

8: Nangoku ($18.25) :ness64:
Only Japanese player who didn't play. Nice work. You were possibly the best of all the players but you did worst due to the character. But that is just some random nub talking.

9: Firo :ness64: :fox64:
Nice to see again and play friendlies. Good teams also

9: Nintendude :mario64:
Thank you for hosting again. Nice placing also.

9: YBOMBB :jigglypuff64:
Welcome to the offline world. Thank you for proving the other guys wrong. Online people too good

9: SheerMadness :yoshi64:
Hello again. Why did I see you around every corner

13: ballin4life :fox64:
13: b-rex :fox64:
13: m3gav01t :falcon64:
13: Banze :pikachu64:
17: battlecow :pikachu64:
17: Rumbly :pikachu64:
17: Ceasar :mario64:
17: KeroKeroppi :pikachu64:
17: Han Solo :fox64:
17: Dark Link -X-
17: I LOVE SMASH
17: oxolane :jigglypuff64:
25: madrush
25: Valoem :pikachu64:
25: ShadeMoneh: Fox user, nice to see and speak
25: TANK: Bracket wrecked, nice/crazy guy as usual, nice suit also
25: Jimmy Joe
25: KnitePhox :fox64:
25: [MGFC] Chain-Ace :fox64:
33: cmu6eh
33: Wizzrobe
33: GS-DJFliphop
33: SA-in-NE
33: faceCHEEKwall
33: Bladewise
33: Cobrevolution
33: KoRoBeNiKi
33: Weedwack
49: low-tier-or-no-tier
49: Danconia
49: Eikelmann
49: Jel
49: HaZarD2kv
49: Jered
49: Eggcelsior!
49: Zwarm
49: [ttc] [IBC] | TO Joe
49: Kuraudo
49: runtmc
49: vVv Rapture
49: Apple
49: Gunblade
49: HammerTime
49: hectorhertz
65: Bred
65: Rayzor
65: Rich Brown
65: USCTrojanTB
65: Orange
65: Sweet
65: GTZ
65: ook
65: Deano
65: Myztek
65: Cookie Monster
65: Smokey Bluntz
65: Kenny
65: GINGTASTIC
65: Dice
65: Triptych
65: Bobbo
65: pidgezero_one
65: Tearbear
65: Rami Jackson
65: SmashAssassin
65: Shaolinblunts
65: ezeffort
65: Sonofabeast
65: DeAnMoNeY540
65: kpkoopa
65: shyguy88
65: jeffboy
65: Ya Dad Good matches
65: BOSSMAN
65: Maliki
65: Sandman
Specific

Nintendude

Smash Hero
[COLLAPSE="SSB64 WHO'S WHO #1, EZ MODE."]
[/COLLAPSE]

IF YOU DIDN'T ATTEND, try and guess who's who by UN-collapsing the above picture then editing it and posting the new one or posting numbers to names like this

1.Player A
2.Player B
3.ETC.....

EZ MODE ROUND 1, FIGHT.
Is ROUND 2 gonna be the full group shot on Ruoka's camera? I'm in touch with him via email so I'll be able to get the pic and post it here.

Top Bottom