• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

NuB_BoMbER

Smash Cadet
San Diego, CA : I go to the UCSD Tri-Weeklies
CAOTIC said:

Zack/Sat/NuB_BoMbER- You guys all played to a high standard. The guys were talking about you and it's definently true when we say that you hold very high technical skill for your age. But the one thing that needs work in the Mindgames and that only comes with experience - it can't be fastracked or developed from videos. But for what you guys acheieved without competition is very good. I hope I see you guys next time. BIG TIME POTENTIAL!

Yeah that was our first tourney or ever playing someone cept ourselves.

Link_and_Sheik

Smash Cadet
mightyw00ters said:
Team Charles was me. I didn't realize it was an actual crew. I just thought it was a funny name.
And now I just look stupid.
Well played, fate. Well played.
Nice game we had there Charles I was SAT and I was Fox remeber u beat me on fountain of dreams and I beat u at Poke'mon stadium then u won at foutain of dreams???

Link_and_Sheik

Smash Cadet
meyoulou said:
SAT/Link and Sheik, grrr! how come i could beat you and your friends in friendlies, but when the tournament came up, you edged me out with Fox?? I need to practice Marth more :] great to meet you.
LOL I was just warming up in friendlies so I can get ready to pwn some people. :) LOL

Rickety

Peace and Love
Bossy Biweekly Tournament Details.

From TheBOSS:

Okay... brawl still isn't out and were all pissed. So the biweeklies are back, and will continue to stay back when brawl is also released. Please post in this thread... not the SD Triweekly thread where all the posts to the previous tournies I've held have gone to.

The BOSS presents:
Bossy Biweekly IX- 3/8/08
Oceanside, San Diego, CA

10:00 - Warm Up, Sign Up
11:00 - Doubles Begins
Singles Begin after Doubles

See Below for Details.

Details:

Where- 5456 Gooseberry Way, Oceanside, CA 92057
When- Saturday the 23nd of February
Time- Doubles START at 11:00am (arrive at 10am)

Click Here for Tournament Rules

ENTRY COST -
Singles ($5 per person)
Doubles ($10 per team)
IMPORTANT: 5$ ENTREE FEE DUE TO ELECTRICITY (please understand, and screw SDG&E!)
BRING A SET (CUBE+TV) AND ENTRY FEE IS WAIVED!

POT DISTRIBUTION -
Singles (1st = 50%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 20%)
Doubles (1st = 50%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 20%)
Crews (Winning crew takes all)

CONTACT INFORMATION -
For additional information, feel free to contact:
The BOSS: 760-277-3522
Giuseppe: 858-592-4810

Directions from South (5 North):
-5 North
-76 East exit
-76 East for about 8 miles
-Left on Guajome Lake Road
-Down the hill, continue straight
-Right on Gooseberry Way
-5456 Gooseberry Way (left side).

Directions from South (15 North):
-15 North
-Merge 78 West toward Oceanside
-College Blv exit
-Right on College heading north
-Make a right on 76
-Left on Guajome Lake Road
-Down the hill, continue straight
-Right on Gooseberry Way
-5456 Gooseberry Way (left side).

All are welcome, just be respectful of my house (no stealing, don't be a$$holes, exc.) other than that it's kool.
We will be using Neals tournament organizer to make things pretty darn smooth.

There is In and Out, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Carls Jr., and more 5 minutes from my pad!
BRING TVS AND CUBES!!!

-MUST ENTER BOTH EVENTS!!!
PLEASE BRING WHAT YOU CAN!!!
-Chairs, Tvs, Cubes, Vcr's, exc.

All are welcome, I use Neal's Tio Program to make things fast and easy.

Last edited:

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
pew pew pew

Ok, first of all I would like to apologize for my gay jokes and mom jokes and horribly bad jokes during the course of the tournament ... I don't really have anything against gay people or your mother nor edrees' gay mothers...

With that out of the way, good stuff everyone! We had a blast, ruined our eyes, sore our thumbs and unproductively used 9 hours of our lives... it was pleasurable some how...

CAO - If you didn't have such dedication and enthuiasm for smash and took the effort to organize this awesome tourney, I'll probably talk about your mother here in the shout out. But you do, so thank you for taking the steps to organize this.

Edrees - Grrrrrrrr!

Opps - you probably will never get to read these anyway 'cause you don't know about smashboards.com sooo... I'm going to talk about your mother because she is as filthy as peaches downsmash.

Jeff - you too!

Eddy - How dare you trick me into using fun character! I was so innocent!

Azn Lep - Hahaha, good stuff man. Glad you and your crew came. Love your ICs. So sick!

Squish - how do you spell your name? Good matches man.

Team Charles - hahaha, your name is as stupid as it is great!!!! LOL hahahahahha

Other people that came with Azn Lep and Squish - ****, I suck with name and faces... I'll see you next time. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH "What does Zelda's taunt look like again??" Funny Stuff!

People that go to UCSD - yay represent!

Little kids that kick *** - I think your names were Zack (and Ben?) and something else... Good stuff, kids. I feel bad for beating one of you during the tourney. You guys were entirely better than me but I some how I get the kills...

Adam, Cody, Chas, the guy that came with his little bro that was in our crew battle team and whoever else I left out - see you all next time dudes, so maybe I'll get to chill with you guys more.

BTW... fear the PHA COMBO! Instant kill, bioches!!

Oh yea, and CAO needs to learn how to spell... It's "SHAKE IT OFF" not "Shake it up" not "Shake if up" hahahahaha.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Patrick- I know Trevyn too well !I Dont fear him! BTW if he comes i'm teaming with him since we're deep socal so if he comes so watch out for that hehe :p :D jk
Meyalou:
219103-097974 is my friend code! add me and reply with you and tony's maybe on AIM so we can play :D

Yeah that was our first tourney or ever playing someone cept ourselves.
Very impressive then! Good job, seriously.

kuro

Smash Rookie
Sucks I couldn't make it because of work, but I trust the turnout was good enough for the March 4th tourney to be even more of a blast. I honestly can't wait.

Rickety

Peace and Love
San Diego Rules

TOURNAMENT RULES: -

Stage and Character Selection

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can’t be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick.

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series, unless it is selected by the player who lost on that stage.

Random Select Stages - Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams(Singles).

Banned Stages - Icicle Mountain, Princess Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle (Not DK 64), Great Bay (Singles Only), Flat Zone, Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Venom, Onett, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Brinstar Depths, Fourside, Big Blue, Yoshi's Island 64. Mute City and Fountain of Dreams are banned in Doubles ONLY.

Stages that are knocked out won’t be used during the series. Random select stages MAY NOT be knocked out.

That's Right, you are NOT allowed to Ban Neutral/Random Select Stages.

For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that first game. Each player is required to use that character in the first game.

The Loser of the first game will then announce the stage. The Winner will then choose his character. The Loser will then choose his character.

Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match. In regards to 1/100 chance of the CPU Ice Climber performing the freeze glitch: If the glitch is accidentally activated, the IC player must unfreeze his opponent and each go the opposite sides of the stage before they continue to deal damage/fight.

The Wobbles Compromise (UCSD Triweeklies)-
The use of the IC Infinite otherwise known as "Wobbles" is banned only at the request of the opponent. If the opponent fails declare the technique as banned before the match begins, the IC player may use it for the remainder of the set.
WOBBLING is BANNED at the BOSSY BIWEEKLIES. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.

Players/teams may designate a coach when they register for a competition, however, this coach may not be registered as a player for either a Singles or Doubles competition. Coaches may not instruct players during games, but may consult with players for a maximum of 1 minute between games. Once the stage for the next game has been selected, players may not talk to their coach.

For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON.
For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed.

Throughout the tournament, sets will be best of three, and championship finals best of five.
The tournament will use a double elimination open (and loosely seeded) bracket.

CREWS:
1. Each crew must write down the characters each player will be using during the entire crew section of the tournament. Players MAY NOT switch characters.
2. At the beginning of a match, each crew will designate their first player, double-blind unless either team is willing to disclose their first player regardless. Immediately after this, each crew will give its list of players and characters to the opposing crew.
3. Stage Rules: The 6 Singles Neutrals will be used (FD, PS, YS, FoD, DL64, and BF). Each PLAYER is entitled to ONE stage cancel.
4. No Johns.

Link_and_Sheik

Smash Cadet
meyoulou said:
Edreese, my friend code is:
and my name is Rickety

my bro's friend code is:
and his name is Tony

I'll give this to you on AIM later so we can play!
LOOL u guys play MKDS too? I'm really good at snaking hopefull I'll face u.

Link_and_Sheik

Smash Cadet
NuB_BoMbER said:
Fountain of dreams twice? What about "daves stupid rule"?
Well we first picked random and it went to fountain of dreams then I lost so I got to pick I piked poke'mon stadium. Then he lost so he got to pick and he piked Fountain of dreams.

Tp_Fox

Smash Cadet
meyoulou said:
that still violates DSR :-P

oh well, it was our first triweekly, we'll iron it out next time. :]
im posting so much today! i feel like a spammer.
I want to play u at MKDS up 4 a match?

Tp_Fox

Smash Cadet
Hopefully my dad will let me go to all the triweeklies. Cause I want to face you guys agian good games.:)

Rickety

Peace and Love
Point Loma Triweekly Tournament Details

Rickety presents:
Point Loma Triweekly XIX - TBA
Point Loma, San Diego, CA

11:00 - Warm Up, Sign Up
12:00 - Doubles Begins
Singles Begin after Doubles

See Below for Details.

[color="#darkorange"]Details[/COLOR]:

[color="#darkorange"]Where[/COLOR]- TBA
[color="#darkorange"]When[/COLOR]- TBA
[color="#darkorange"]Time[/COLOR]- TBA

[color="#darkorange"]ENTRY COST [/COLOR]-
Singles ($5 per person)
Doubles ($10 per team)

[color="#darkorange"]POT DISTRIBUTION[/COLOR] -
Singles (1st = 50%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 20%)
Doubles (1st = 50%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 20%)
Crews (Winning crew takes all)

[color="#darkorange"]CONTACT INFORMATION [/COLOR]-
The BOSS: 760-277-3522
Rickety: 858-776-3133

Zack353

Smash Ace
meyoulou said:
soo many poooosts :-P

yeah, im up for a Mario Kart 4 player thing sometime, first i wanna see Edresse beat tony for 2 bucks, though. then I wanna play him some 1vs1.
I'm up for some MKDS anytime, just AIM me at edit so I can know when to play you..

FC: 253464-008013

Name: Zack

Tp_Fox

Smash Cadet
Man I want a rematch agianst Team Charles cause he didn't follow Daves stupid rule. >_> I could have won cause we both had one win.

Ravman

Smash Rookie
Thank you for hosting this tournament Caotic. I had a lot of fun. Met alot of good smashers and improved my skills a bit :). You can expect me at the next one. Good matches i had with everyone. :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
*To all the new people posting*

Please do not double/triple post. If you need to say more just make an edit on your first post. This tidies up the thread.

Trevyn is coming to crash the SD party, loool - siicc

I'm going to bump up the fees soon to start attracting better players from other counties, as expected ($10 entry fee - total money goes towards the pot).

Cheers.

Tp_Fox

Smash Cadet
CAOTIC said:
*To all the new people posting*

Please do not double/triple post. If you need to say more just make an edit on your first post. This tidies up the thread.

Trevyn is coming to crash the SD party, loool - siicc

I'm going to bump up the fees soon to start attracting better players from other counties, as expected ($10 entry fee - total money goes towards the pot).

Cheers.

Oh sorry about the triple post anyways I guess this will be more expensive but I hope better players come.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
10 is standard for a smash tourny (for singles and doubles combined)

btw i've added rick and tony's friend code. make sure you add me so when we see each other searching we can just search as well.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
LOL, he's a top tier Socal Smasher. If 30+ people come, that's a $300+ prizepool. That's enough money to make a dozen Amtrak trips from San Clemente Pier to Solana Beach, loooolololl

...or 1/4 of a bomb of a car XD

New folks - it's OK, live and learn. ^_^

Rickety

Peace and Love
Artifex Monthly Tournament Details

Artifex presents:
Artifex Monthlies II - 1/1/08
Mira Mesa, San Diego, CA

Details:

Where- TBA
When- TBA
Time- TBA

ENTRY COST -
Singles ($5 per person)

POT DISTRIBUTION -
First and Second place will split the pot, redeemable in Store Credit.

CONTACT INFORMATION -
TBA

Tp_Fox

Smash Cadet
Sorry agian for the triple post my bad anyways I hope I can go to the next tourney so I can face all u guys agian.

Top Bottom