• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Video Game Brawl of Fame! A platform fighter with no Nintendo! (Looking for: Solid Snake Moveset)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Madeline (Celeste)

Madeline is the protagonist of the incredibly popular game Celeste. The game is basically entirely platforming.

As a fighter Madeline could be very acrobatic and focused on movement.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #096:
Character Name: Phoenix Wright
Character Origin: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (GBA, 2001)

I reckon Phoenix could work quite well in this role. While the courtrooms of the Phoenix Wright series can get pretty bizarre, and very heated, they don't break out into fisticuffs - rather, Phoenix has to rely on his intelligence, evidence, and witnesses in order to defend his clients and see that justice is served fairly. Obviously, he's been in a fighting game before now (Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3), which helps give us some indication of how he'd work in a fighting, but we needn't overcomplicate him too much - simply having him and Maya feature a slightly bumbling playstyle that feels almost more accidentally damaging could be fun. I suppose he would be our third Capcom character, but he's also a good representative for the visual novel genre (which I'd say really only Shiori Fujisaki of Tokimeki Memorial, would counter in terms of recognition and popularity for this specific job role.)

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Fighter Submission:
Img_prince.png

The Prince (Katamari series)

Katamari is a rather unique series with a rather unique style and a rather unique protagonist. Its also pretty darn beloved by just about everyone ive met. I'm imagining The Prince himself would be the smallest fighter in the game, only slightly increased in size from canon. His Katamari would be roughly kirby-in-smash-sized however, his moveset would revolve around it ideally.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! Let's look at these submissions!

Madeline ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
Tetromino ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
PaRappa ( FazDude FazDude )
Phoenix Wright ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
The Prince ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Cooking Mama ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

Vote for your top three! Do not include your own submission in first place!
============
New Jobs!

Job #97: Submit a Living Item!

This job'll be for items based on living creatures, notably not Assists. Think of Mr. Saturn, Bob-Omb, or Cucco from Smash, that's kind of the idea!

Job #98: Submit a Music List for Minesweeper!

Since this is an "other" stage, any video game music tracks are allowed (provided it's not nintendo). Just try to make them fit the stage. You may not submit less than 4 tracks or more than 8.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
1 Prince
2 Cooking Mama
3 Phoenix Wright

Item - Grimoire Weiss (Nier/Drakengard)

For those who have only played Automata this book with a big ego essentially fills the gameplay role of a Pod. He will work like a ray gun in smash except will be positioned above fighter shooting at a bit of an angle.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
HLAclassicheadcrab.png

Item: Headcrab (Half Life)

These lil critters will skitter around the stage, pick them up and throw them on an opponent and they'll cling onto their head and deal chip damage!

Fighter Vote:
1. Phoenix Wright (iconic character, reps a unique genre, has a lot of potential)
2. Parappa (same reasoning as Wright)
3. Cooking Mama (could have a fun moveset!)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Parappa
2. Cooking Mama
3. The Prince

Job 97
Strabby (Bugsnax)

A simple Bugsnak, it would be pretty fast and walk around. They will run away from players if they approach, if you manage to trap or attack a Strabby you will be able to eat it to restore some health. Occasionally they will be a white strabby instead of just a red strabby.

FazDude

Smash Master
Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! Vote counting time!

Madeline: 0 points
Cooking Mama: 6 points
The Prince: 6 points
Tetromino: 7 points
Phoenix Wright: 8 points
Parappa: 15 points

With a whopping 15 points, PaRappa joins the Brawl of Fame!

With this, we've actually got a Sony rep! Easing my fears of the game feeling like XBOX Smash with a really weird guest roster.

But PaRappa is so much more than a mere Sony rep! He's a rhythm game star! His games have a great style and music! He can kick, he can drive, he can flip burgers! I think he's a great choice for the game! Congrats to FazDude FazDude for submitting!
============
Next up! Let's look at the new submissions!

Job #97: Submit a Living Item!

Grimoire Weiss ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Headcrab ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Strabby ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
Medusa Head ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

We'll be using the Y or N system for this vote, like all item votes. Please abstain from voting on your own item.

Job #98: Submit a Music List for Minesweeper!

FazDude FazDude submitted a great music list that we'll be using, great job on that btw. I had a lot of trouble finding songs for that stage personally, hence why I couldn't get a list out. Thank you!

=======

Job #99: Submit a Home Stage for PaRappa!

Now, PaRappa the Rapper is hardly the hardest series to work with for stage ideas, but I'm opening up this job to stages based on any rhythm game to encourage more submissions. Have fun!

Discussion:
Job 100, that's a BIG milestone. One that needs a special assignment, but I've got no idea what that assignment could be!

So I'll let you decide! Sorta, simply suggest an idea for job 100, and I'll pick my favorite to use come the next update.

Moveset Submissions for PaRappa are now open!!!

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I will vote yes for all items.

Guitar Battle (Guitar Hero)

Know a Parappa stage will probably win but since the job is open to all rhythm games. I like pushing for Guitar Hero content when i can since i personally feel like the series was bigger & more nostalgic at this point than people give it & Rock Band credit for. There will be 2 platforms to jump between with various effects (both positive & negative) being applied when one the sides activates star power.

Job 100 - Idk probably a character job since they are probably the most popular. Idk if we want a theme or just open to everything, im maye leaning towards the later since i think its been a while since the last open ended character job.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Yes for all items

Job 99: Dojo (Parappa The Rapper)

images (3).jpeg

Dojo is a place from Parappa The Rapper series and where is the 1st level of the first game where Parappa sings with Chop Chop Master Onion.

Dojo as a Stage could be a straight field but with a moving platform and walls who can be broken

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Job 100 - Idk probably a character job since they are probably the most popular. Idk if we want a theme or just open to everything, im maye leaning towards the later since i think its been a while since the last open ended character job.
Hesitant to do another character job so soon after this one. But maybe?

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Stage Submission:
PaRappa_The_Rapper_PSP_poster.jpg

PaRappa Town

Fight on top of cars as they drive past all the weird and iconic sights and sounds of PaRappa Town. Characters like Chop Chop Master Onion, Guru Ant, Inspector Mooselini, Colonel Noodle and others will appear, some even affecting the stage. I feel like we've got a lot of static stages and not enough stages with a lot of moving parts.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Grimore Weiss: N
Headcrab: Y
Strabby: N
Medusa Head: Y

Job 100 - Merchandise
With Multiversus getting Happy Meal toys, I think we should capitalize on that and discuss what products to sell based on the game's content

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'm gonna let all the voting and submissions go on for another day, but I think I'm ready to add job 100.

JOB #100: Submit Merchandise for Brawl of Fame!

Go nuts, I wanna see what crazy ideas can come out of this job. Let's just have fun with it. Don't take it too seriously.

FazDude

Smash Master
Merch: LEGO Brawl of Fame
A set of LEGO sets - Each one comes with two minifigures of fighters (or brick-built characters if appropiate) and bricks to build elements of their home stage. However, you also get extra bricks so you can build a single, larger landscape that combines the two stages' aesthetics.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 100: Action Figures

imagem_2024-03-13_233431453.png

imagem_2024-03-13_233526642.png

imagem_2024-03-13_233744306.png

imagem_2024-03-13_234027254.png

(these are some examples)

The action figures could be Amiibo-like, but used for collection instead as accessory,they can be action figures with articulation or statues-likes,not just the characters as also the stages and some items

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! Let's count the item votes!

Grimoire Weiss: 5 Y, 2 N.
Headcrab: 7 Y, 0 N.
Strabby: 5 Y, 2 N.
Medusa Head: 7 Y, 0 N.

Ok! Looks like we're adding all these items! Thank you for submitting!
===========
Now, time for submissions!

Job #99: Submit a Home Stage for PaRappa!

Guitar Battle ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Dojo ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
PaRappa Town ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )

Since there's only three stages, we'll be using Strawpoll yet again. Click here to vote! As a side note, these strawpolls barely get any votes. So I'd really appreciate if you did take a look.

JOB #100: Submit Merchandise for Brawl of Fame!

LEGO Sets ( FazDude FazDude )
Action Figures ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Trading Cards ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Clothing ( darkvortex darkvortex )

Vote for your top two! Whatever gets the most votes will be added to the... uh... well I can't say game exactly, but you know what I mean.
==========

Job #101: Submit a Set of 10 Alts for PaRappa!

Job #102: Submit up to 5 Collectible Tokens for the Street Fighter series!

Be sure to include Bronze/Silver/Gold rarity. Descriptions are optional but appreciated, and Final Fight related Tokens are allowed to be submitted as part of this.

AND MOVESET SUBMISSIONS FOR PARAPPA ARE STILL OPEN!!

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Lego
2. Trading Cards

E. Honda - Bronze
Sakura - Silver
Dan - Bronze
Juri - Silver
Luke - Silver

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
PaRappa Alts
  1. Default
  2. Lammy color scheme (second color from PSASBR)
  3. Sunny Funny color scheme (third color from PSASBR)
  4. Rammy color scheme (fourth color from PSASBR)
  5. PJ Berri color scheme
  6. Katy Kat color scheme
  7. Karate Gi
  8. Karate Gi w/ Master Onion colors
  9. Prom King (from the PaRappa anime)
  10. Prom King w/ Matt Major colors
Merch Votes
  1. Action Figures
  2. Lego Sets

Last edited:
Top Bottom